FRPP 07-08 GT500 Power upgrade pack - 540hp and keep your warranty

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Does anyone have any experience with this kit?
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9968

Its rated at 540 hp. Its the same kit that comes on the KR.
Im debating this kit, because it says that if you have it installed at time of delivery, they will honor your 3/36 warranty.

I have heard a rumor that once the stock pulley is removed with a puller, the pulley gets slightly mishappen and cannot be re-used. The FRPP kit is at least and alternative, as opposed to going with a kit based on swapping on a new 2.8 or 2.6 pulley. Once you take your stock pulley off, you may not be able to put the stock one back on because:

-Once the stock pulley is removed, it is mishappen and not the same.
-Ford does not sell the pulley by itself, you have to by the entire blower snout which goes for $1,000+. And I have heard they are difficult to order and backorderd.

Im not sure I can take that kind of risk on this car. (Althought I am still debating it). I may go for the kit with the factory warranty for awhile. I have seen my fair share of Mod motors go nuclear for no reason. Without the factory warranty, they would have been screwed!:uh oh:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
This is the kit that I want, but I want to see if I can substitute the SVT1 mufflers for the louder (Borla Stinger) SGTs. I want to install it myself, but I'm thinking I might let the dealer do it to retain my factory warranty.
BTW I think 40 hp is a bit conservative. I'm thinking closer to 50 hp. According to FRPP, the CAI (w/tune) alone adds 40 hp. I also remember someone on here dyno tested the FRPP exhaust on a bonestock GT500 and got 10 rwhp. Besides, the KR is an estimated 540 hp. Word is that it will be officially rated at 550 hp, which seems to make more sense. :coolman:

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
This is the kit that I want, but I want to see if I can substitute the SVT1 mufflers for the louder (Borla Stinger) SGTs. I want to install it myself, but I'm thinking I might let the dealer do it to retain my factory warranty.
BTW I think 40 hp is a bit conservative. I'm thinking closer to 50 hp. According to FRPP, the CAI (w/tune) alone adds 40 hp. I also remember someone on here dyno tested the FRPP exhaust on a bonestock GT500 and got 10 rwhp. Besides, the KR is an estimated 540 hp. Word is that it will be officially rated at 550 hp, which seems to make more sense. :coolman:

Yes you can substitute the SVT1 mufflers for the louder ones.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member

If you go here : http://www.fordracingparts.com/home/home.asp
and then go to FRi upgrade pack:
it says the M-5230-SGT kit is optional.:beer:

This may be the route I go. I will let you know tomorrow after talking this over with EVO and my local Ford dealer..

LEESTOYSTANG

Established Member
I was looking for the same kit but I wanted the M-5230-5GT (louder) not the SGT ... Does anyone know if that can be substituted????

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I had my dealer order the kit.
Its only $200 to install, so to me its a no brainer. 540 hp, the better mufflers included, the CAI and the computer module all for 1689 installed, and my warranty is unotuched.

No scrambling around when I need to take my car in for service.

After I get bored of the KR upgrade pack, I will just swap out the entire blower. But that wont be for while.

Im going to lower the car a few inches and just enjoy.:beer:

ff500

Established Member
I looked at all the options and went somewhat of a different route.

m-5230-sgt intstalled 731.25
m-9603-svt07 cai kit 850.00
m-7210-b short throw 315.00
3.73 gears installed 810.00

I think you said 1689 installed, did that include the short throw? and the sgt mufflers? Excellent price if it does

I'm also having the fr3 svt handling kit that is 2076.45
roush painted louvers 475.00
roush pan hard and roush wheel hop kit.

A lot of this stuff we can install ourselves but you don't touch your warranty when they do it, also the 3 yr 36 is on there parts your 5 yr 60 powertrain stays the same.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I looked at all the options and went somewhat of a different route.

m-5230-sgt intstalled 731.25
m-9603-svt07 cai kit 850.00
m-7210-b short throw 315.00
3.73 gears installed 810.00

I think you said 1689 installed, did that include the short throw? and the sgt mufflers? Excellent price if it does

I'm also having the fr3 svt handling kit that is 2076.45
roush painted louvers 475.00
roush pan hard and roush wheel hop kit.

A lot of this stuff we can install ourselves but you don't touch your warranty when they do it, also the 3 yr 36 is on there parts your 5 yr 60 powertrain stays the same.

I debated the gears, but I dont want 3.73s, because once this puppy sees 600+rwhp, I would have to swap them back out to the 3.31 or 3.55's, down the line.

The Powerupgrade pack does not include the short throw shifter. But I like the stock shifter so no biggie to me.
It does include the mufflers.:beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I had my dealer order the kit.
Its only $200 to install, so to me its a no brainer. 540 hp, the better mufflers included, the CAI and the computer module all for 1689 installed, and my warranty is unotuched.

No scrambling around when I need to take my car in for service.

After I get bored of the KR upgrade pack, I will just swap out the entire blower. But that wont be for while.

Im going to lower the car a few inches and just enjoy.:beer:

Were you able to substitute the SVT1s for the SGTs?
You might also want to look into the FRPP handling kit. :coolman:

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Were you able to substitute the SVT1s for the SGTs?
You might also want to look into the FRPP handling kit. :coolman:
Yup. I got them to switch out the mufflers for the SGTs.
I will definately look into the handling kit.

chuckstang

Established Member
Yes 1549 for the parts and 450 labor plus tax. I think its the cheapest I've found on parts, He would probably ship if you are interested.

That is very good quote for labor, I was quoted double that from Tasca haha

Please let me know who you take it to and how you would rate the experience

I plan on the handling kit minus the strut bar (it wont clear the JLT)

thanks!

Dave_C

Established Member
because it says that if you have it installed at time of delivery, they will honor your 3/36 warranty.

The way I'm reading the warranty info it's the parts of the Performance Packs that are covered for 3/36 or 12/12 (if installed after delivery). Nothing is said about these parts causing your warranty of 3/36 bumper to bumper or 5/60 powertrain warranty to be changed. You can install these and still keep your full 3/36 and 5/60 coverage

It was also pointed out to me on another forum where the only time your 3/36 or 5/60 warranty is actually replaced with another lower warranty is if you buy the SuperPack supercharger kit.

The thread:
http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23922

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
The way I'm reading the warranty info it's the parts of the Performance Packs that are covered for 3/36 or 12/12 (if installed after delivery). Nothing is said about these parts causing your warranty of 3/36 bumper to bumper or 5/60 powertrain warranty to be changed. You can install these and still keep your full 3/36 and 5/60 coverage

It was also pointed out to me on another forum where the only time your 3/36 or 5/60 warranty is actually replaced with another lower warranty is if you buy the SuperPack supercharger kit.

The thread:
http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23922

Good info. Thanks!:beer:

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Eventually, I'll be set up like Purvis with the 5GT exhaust (on now), FRPP CAI/Tune, and full handling pack. Have the springs in the garage but will do the whole thing at once. I'll also have the dealer install it all. Don't have the tools or skills to do it myself and I'm willing to pay a little more to have the Ford guys do it if it saves me some hassles later on.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Ive been going back and fourth about this for the last few days. I ordered it, and then I called the parts guy back, and said to hold off becauseI was still thinking it over.:shrug:

It would help out alot if someone threw one of the FRPP cars with the power pack, on a dyno so we can see what the hp difference really is.

Users who are viewing this thread