TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
That your front yard?

Damn! I wish I had space like that.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Can you perchase a Green plate somehow haha ????
Yea right. I'm surprised MA hasn't issued new plates to the people with greenies when they renew registration.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
we get to keep them as long as we keep a car registered with that plate. The DMV has no plans to take them away. I knew someone that painted a newer plate to look like the green ones, actually came out good. Don't know if he ever had any issues with it though.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Davesnake said:
LOL your killing me.....you might as well put a bullseye on your car if you don't have a front plate on in my town....

Dave

this is true and only true for Weymouth. I didnt have a front plate on my car for 2 years and was stopped ONCE for it......in Weymouth....I wouldnt worry about it... :D

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
magnumxl4 said:
ive run without one and my friend withotu one on his vette, we both got pulled over for it and its a $90fine, i ahd teh plate and so did he in the front window, and the cops said it didnt matter, you coudl fight it but kinda a waste of time imo

you should have fought it because its a $35 ifne....not $90

Established Member
Got nailed in Weymouth awhile back (guess I'm not connected!) by a young smart*** 1/2 my age (whom my tax dollars support!). Almost isn't worth the aggrievation of fighting. Its a $35 fine, does not count against driver (ie no points...per RMV), and as far as I'm concerned, is a small "priveledge tax" to pay for bumper beautification!
Dave, zipties work with my inspection station too!
And guess what? Iraq doesn't require front plates! Or back plates!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
so it doesnt go against your record as a moving violation? no points?

Established Member
According to RMV it is not a moving vilation, does not get assessed points. Has not showed up on my points profile in over a year.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
5500 said:
According to RMV it is not a moving vilation, does not get assessed points. Has not showed up on my points profile in over a year.

I called the RMV yesterday and was told it WAS a moving violation, just like I was told back in 1999 and 2001. Asked how many points go against my insurance, they did not know. I was directed to the merit rating department. (on hold for over 25 minutes) The person I spoke to in that department asked me the chapter number on my ticket. Told him I didn't have a ticket, just wanted to know if it was a moving violation. To make a long story short, couldn't answer my question because he said it depends on how it was written under the different chapters. I will call again, and hope to get a different idiot!

Users who are viewing this thread