front plates

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
TroyV said:
I've been running without a front plate forever. I just keep the otherone in the car and cook up the front brackets for that bumper are on back order excuse.

Maybe I should just swap the green plate from my saturn over to the Cobra. the green plates only require one.

BINGO!

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
TTA89 said:
If your going to put on a front plate whats the difference if you drill into the bumper or not? I mean tape or holes you can't see them behind the ugly license plate anyways.

Makes a BIG difference when selling the car if that particular buyer wants a virgin bumper. :-D

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
NHRACobra said:
Makes a BIG difference when selling the car if that particular buyer wants a virgin bumper. :-D

My bumper has drilled holes ... compliments of Bonnell Ford !

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
KenCobra03 said:
My bumper has drilled holes ... compliments of Bonnell Ford !

My car was also bought from Bonnell Ford, NO holes drilled!!!! They must have learned from their mistakes. ;-)

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
NHRACobra said:
My car was also bought from Bonnell Ford, NO holes drilled!!!! They must have learned from their mistakes. ;-)

Bob, the big joke is that Bonnell got the plate off center !

chuckstang

Established Member
Do you guys that drive with no front plate, just not drive in your own town because Im pretty sure that if the same cop sees you twice with no front plate...the excuse of "my front bracket is on order" will not fly. I just don't see any way around it, especially when these cars draw so much attention anyway.
How exactly do you buy this kit from Herman and does he have one for all different Mustang years? Say a new gt500 ? Im just thinking ahead :)

Mystic1199

Established Member
i been stopped once int he 9 years ihave had mustangs , i said "sir i went through a car wash the other day it knocked my plate and bracket off i am waiting for the dealer to order me one then i will be getting it put back on , officer ok put it on when u get it have a good day" speaking of which i just got pulled over in my Acura the day i was going to sell my CObra about month ago by a state tropper who only noticed i had no plate he asked me where it was i said in my backseat just need to get the bracket for the car , told him it was a 10 year old car and dealer had to track one down for me he said OK no problem just get it taken care of when you get it ..... as long as you are not making your self noticeable they wont bother pulling u over just for no plate , i been doing it for years on all my mustangs and winter cars ..

ask DAVESNAKE, he bought my old car and it never had a front plate bracket ..lol

worst case cop gives ya a ticket, u appeal it , judge will ask if u put it on u say YES and bam your all set ticket fixed ...

EDIT: some of you guys need to find yourself a more friendler inspection station , as my guy is a car nut and will "overlook" little things

Last edited:

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Here's what I do for Inspection. So far it has worked everytime first try.

plate1.jpg

David

chuckstang

Established Member
But you see if you drive in your own town every day, cops will notice that you still have no plate and the excuse just would stop working.
I think it depends on what town you live in :( Big town or city= probably not a problem but small town= big problem
Geees I get pulled over just cause they hear me coming a mile away. They would probably tow my car if they saw no front plate

Mystic1199

Established Member
chuckstang said:
But you see if you drive in your own town every day, cops will notice that you still have no plate and the excuse just would stop working.
I think it depends on what town you live in :( Big town or city= probably not a problem but small town= big problem
Geees I get pulled over just cause they hear me coming a mile away. They would probably tow my car if they saw no front plate

chuckstang, not sure what town u live in but i drive throguh Weymouth and Braintree all the time and never have a problem ...worst case just make sure the plate is in the backseat and tell the officer .

magnumxl4

Established Member
ive run without one and my friend withotu one on his vette, we both got pulled over for it and its a $90fine, i ahd teh plate and so did he in the front window, and the cops said it didnt matter, you coudl fight it but kinda a waste of time imo

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
The 2 sided tape is only to get it thru inspection. I take it off and carefully use goo-be-gone to get the sticky residue off the paint. I'm not worried about driving around with out the front plate, just inspection time. I don't partake in ass-clown driving on the street, so I don't draw attention to myself to get pulled over.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Moving Violation!!!!

Guys, you do not get it. It's a MOVING VIOLATION which means your insurance premium goes up for 6 Years!

When I got pulled over and ticketed in my Vette, I HAD the plate in the car. Showed it to the officer. Didn't make a difference to him. He said, "it's not on your vehicle."

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Mystic1199 said:
chuckstang, not sure what town u live in but i drive throguh Weymouth and Braintree all the time and never have a problem ...worst case just make sure the plate is in the backseat and tell the officer .

It won't fly in Whitman.....trust me

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Wow. The popo on the south shore are frickin nazi's..

I never get hassled on the north shore... Somerville, Medford, Malden, Melrose...points north..

Oddly enough the only place I get hassled by the cops is Keene NH... Not really sure why though..

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Only place around where i live where the police give a rats ass is in Rowley, MA. The cops in my town don't even know what illegal tint is. Wow it's a moving violation 99% of the time the cops don't know that/ or won't write you up for it.

chuckstang

Established Member
Whenever I buy a new mustang, I will not drill holes into the front bumper, so If I do need a front plate, Ill try and get one of those Herman things.

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
luv2hiss said:
I'm with you...two sided tape it is for me...unless I can locate my friendly inspector who doesn't seem to pay attention to small details such as no front plate, no cats, etc...

i seem to have misplaced my cats somewhere so if ANYONE knows someone who knows someone who knows someone, there is a 5 gallon NOS bottle in it for them. and a six pack.

Users who are viewing this thread