front plates

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
well like I said...I got one last year...I havent gotten any points...

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Believe me, I don't mind paying a fine, but a 2 point surcharge is another story. I tried calling RMV today, but got the same idiot. I'll try again tomorrow.

chuckstang

Established Member
I would bet if they keep pulling you over for the same thing (front plate), the penality would get worse...possibly tow your car. I mean how many times do you think they are going to tell you to put your dam front plate on. They hate these kind of cars with a passion

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
chuckstang said:
I would bet if they keep pulling you over for the same thing (front plate), the penality would get worse...

technically yes. I believe (off the top of my head) most motor vehicle laws have a 6 year statute...which means if you got a ticket for no front plate in april 2000, and you get pulled over for it again, instead of $35 it can be $70. same for 3rd, 4th offense ect.

89#709

Established Member
Quick Story: The trick with the zip ties works. I have an 89 Saleen that has no front plate bracket, It has the bumper filler. I took it to a VIP just to get a sticker about 7 -8 years ago. Car failed because I had no front plate. I looked the guy straight in the eye and asked. "if I have a front plate on this car will you pass it?" (He had already checked the rest of the car) He said yes!
So I went to the local Ames dept store parking lot when it was in business. I had some zip ties in my car. I took the rear plate of the car and ran it around the front and tied it up. I went back to the shop made sure to drive into the garage bay so they could see the plate. I got out of the car and just walked to the back of it to cover up the rear area. Sure enough he walked around the car again (its a saleen it draws a lot of attention and questions) and then got in and put my sticker on it. I thanked them paid my $15.00 and backed out. The I hear .. ah son of a Bi^ch... He recognized what I had done. He was prety pissed and so I got out of the car and walked up to him and said ."you said you would pass the car if there was a front plate. he laughed and said "your right" But it will never happen again... I now have a guy that does my inspection every year and no issue with it what so ever. Just thought I would share.
Peace.
Peace

TTA89

Established Member
I actually found my front plate last night, kinda of ironic it wasn't anywhere that I would have been looking for it. Inspection is coming up, gotta get my zip ties ready. :D

Users who are viewing this thread