Friends 2v GT

Blackness03

Established Member
I don't understand this argument. 2V PI GT's go for what these days, $5-6K? The NPI 2V's are even lower. Take that plus maybe $10 (high side) for a complete blower, built shortblock, and supporting mods. You're running 600+rwhp on a $15-16K price.....whereas even high-mileage Cobra's are still hovering around $20 (and most are stock or near stock).

:shrug:

15K in a car worth maybe 5-6k maybe 8-10k built.

or

20k in a car worth 20k?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
The car is certainly not budget, its just not your taste.
I like it, but everyone is different.
Its not my car, but I respect the time and work put into it.
He loves it, he did everything himself, its his pride and joy.
Honestly, if you are just going to bash it, leave it alone.
I understand the opinions in here about the headlights and the such,
but not straight out bashing of it.

You're going to get tons of opinions on something like his GT around here. It's pretty cookie cutter + it's a GT.

I think it looks ok. Not a big fan of the headlights or the carbon fiber hood but if it makes him happy :beer:

Side note: Where in Michigan are you from?

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member

or

20k in a car worth 20k?

So the GT you spent 15K for mods and 5k for the car = 20k.

Cobra you spend 20k for the car and put 20k in mods = 40k.

GT owner takes the 20k he has left over and invests it/makes it work for him. When they sell their cars they both are in the hole roughly 15-20k but the GT owner still has the 20k and the money he's acquired with investing it :D

See how silly we can make it :D You are going to lose your ass either way, its a depreciable asset first and foremost. There is no wiser decision when it comes to modding a car, it's all just as dumb from a financial standpoint.

Get a car that fits your personality and don't worry about the money you spend to make it fast as long as it makes you happy :)

SVT GT

Established Member
90% of Cobra owners will always look down on and put down Mustang GTs especially here. Most love to use the "resale" statement to win the argument, although as ture may be. When it comes to building the thought of resale goes out the window hence one of the reasons I purchased a GT and not another Cobra. And from what I see here its only the egotistical who use that platform of resale imo. If these 90% were that concerned about resale, then they would have left their Cobras stock. The modding that people do is personal to oneself and likes. Any money you put into a car you will not see back in resale anyways just for this reason. During the build most are going for power and times. One must remember, that when doing this all bets are off that you will not spend a ton of money....even if you have a Cobra.
Why is it that only in the Ford community is it this way...Cobra owners hating on GT owners? Big deal one came with less horse power and is a base model V8 Mustang. Doesn't mean it can not be made to go fast. Other car communities they help each other and do not put each other down.
Wasn't it the Cobras that had the issues with number 8 cylinder, wheel hop, and the occasional spark plug blowing out, transmission rattle or difficult to shift, and the heat from the Eaton? Sounds like more money to spend on upgrades if one wanted to. The Cobra was not all that immune from problems straight from the factory.
To each their own build a Cobra or to build a GT. Take your pic you will still be spending a ton of money either way you go. Have fun in which ever way you go.
:beer:

silverstang84

Established Member
90% of Cobra owners will always look down on and put down Mustang GTs especially here. Most love to use the "resale" statement to win the argument, although as ture may be. When it comes to building the thought of resale goes out the window hence one of the reasons I purchased a GT and not another Cobra. And from what I see here its only the egotistical who use that platform of resale imo. If these 90% were that concerned about resale, then they would have left their Cobras stock. The modding that people do is personal to oneself and likes. Any money you put into a car you will not see back in resale anyways just for this reason. During the build most are going for power and times. One must remember, that when doing this all bets are off that you will not spend a ton of money....even if you have a Cobra.
Why is it that only in the Ford community is it this way...Cobra owners hating on GT owners? Big deal one came with less horse power and is a base model V8 Mustang. Doesn't mean it can not be made to go fast. Other car communities they help each other and do not put each other down.
Wasn't it the Cobras that had the issues with number 8 cylinder, wheel hop, and the occasional spark plug blowing out, transmission rattle or difficult to shift, and the heat from the Eaton? Sounds like more money to spend on upgrades if one wanted to. The Cobra was not all that immune from problems straight from the factory.
To each their own build a Cobra or to build a GT. Take your pic you will still be spending a ton of money either way you go. Have fun in which ever way you go.
:beer:

amen! I really like this thread so far.. and not just because i own a s-trim 00 GT. It is true that 2 valve cars get a bad rap.. but with the cobra as a bigger brother the 2 valve has a lot to live up to. Most people dont take the time to do a little homework and see what 2 valves are capeable of with a blower and a few bolt ons. A good friend of mine has an 01 GT with s-trim at 12psi,gears,fuel system and full exhaust, he also has the J-mod in the trans. Keep in mind the motor is completely stock from the factory intake manifold to the oil pan.... He put down almost 430 at the wheels and the car has seen consistent 11.30's at the track. IMO, some people need to take a closer look at what these motors can really do. Sure, the internals arent good for over 500rwhp, but for a budget car, they can sure hold their own with many other more " dominant" cars.

Awt2

Established Member
You're going to get tons of opinions on something like his GT around here. It's pretty cookie cutter + it's a GT.

I think it looks ok. Not a big fan of the headlights or the carbon fiber hood but if it makes him happy :beer:

Side note: Where in Michigan are you from?

Im from Metro Detroit area, more specifically Fords hometown Dearborn.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
either way..i would buy a car already built. let someone else dump the money and take the loss

This ha ha. Not only do you not lose your rear from a financial standpoint but you get to hopefully keep your sanity if there's not much to do to the car to make it right.

A full build from my experience was a more stressful process than building a house

Adiabatik

Banned

or

20k in a car worth 20k?

Seriously? Your only argument is resale? Who the **** cars about resale?!

If resale is your hard-on, then why didn't you buy a Z06 or Viper? Oh wait, it's most likely that there's no way in hell you could afford those cars so you're going to try and make yourself feel better by saying your 400rwhp Cobra is somehow "better" than a 700rwhp 2V GT only because it has a higher resale.....even though it is constantly having its ass whooped by the lowly 2V.

You can have your "resale" value :lol:

Adiabatik

Banned
Hell, why mod a Fox? Build it to be a monster that would absolutely embarrass an 03/04 Cobra....but who cares? Cobra has a higher resale!

Blackness03

Established Member
Seriously? Your only argument is resale? Who the **** cars about resale?!

If resale is your hard-on, then why didn't you buy a Z06 or Viper? Oh wait, it's most likely that there's no way in hell you could afford those cars so you're going to try and make yourself feel better by saying your 400rwhp Cobra is somehow "better" than a 700rwhp 2V GT only because it has a higher resale.....even though it is constantly having its ass whooped by the lowly 2V.

You can have your "resale" value :lol:

If i wanted a Z06 or a Viper I would have one.

and yeah ill keep the resale

Hell, why mod a Fox? !

I wouldn't, and i didn't. Bought mine already built:D. Dude dropped 20grand into it, i got it for 9. If i wanted to sell it, i could sell it for 9.

I would hate to know i had 20 grand in a car that was only worth 9. lol

SVT GT

Established Member
either way..i would buy a car already built. let someone else dump the money and take the loss

I kind of understand but most of the time I would pass on a built car. There is very few reasons that I might buy one but all in all I would not.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Few pointers.

I would clean the exhaust tips next time before a photo shoot.

The fenders do not line up with the doors, simple fix.

as previously stated, the headlights look horrible.

Those hood pins look like they are pushing the hood in as well.

Last edited:

Awt2

Established Member
Its not my car, and I didn't have any cleaning supplies with me, Ill let him know in case of a second shoot though.

Users who are viewing this thread