Friends 2v GT

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I can't, probably still under 300 rwhp

I would hope it would make over 300hp and the cam ones I have seen do.

Mine with a cai, midpipe, cat back and 87 octane in the tank made 252 to the tire on a dyno jet......

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I have never seen a mustang that was more MEHHHh to me. Everything looks half assed on that car. Or as the kids say everything is "budget" on that car

Awt2

Established Member
The car is certainly not budget, its just not your taste.
I like it, but everyone is different.
Its not my car, but I respect the time and work put into it.
He loves it, he did everything himself, its his pride and joy.
Honestly, if you are just going to bash it, leave it alone.
I understand the opinions in here about the headlights and the such,
but not straight out bashing of it.

Last edited:

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
Funny how ignorant some people are about 2 valves, Mine makes 425 to the wheels with exhaust, cams and a procharger. No it's no terminator, but I have 13 grand into the car including the purchase price.

Blackness03

Established Member
I have a 2v that i drive every day. bought it with 373s, intake, o/r/x and flows. It's slow as shit but it runs good, looks good, and its reliable.. and got a hell of a deal on it. years back i had another 2V. paid like 15k for it in 2007. I did the gears, shifter, intake, and was about to buy a blower for it. i thought it was quick at the time.

...then it got totalled when some bitch rear ended me and i bought a built 93 coupe. That's when it hit me what something with a little power was. You can make 2Vs fast for sure...the problem is it cost so much more to do so then it does a pushrod motor or a 4v. The 2V i drive now, i wouldnt even think about trying to make it faster. it's just not worth it when i would get more bang for the buck out of the coupe.

He's got a nice car which he can make a lot of power from and be a nice sleeper. but for the same cost of building a GT to make 700hp you could just just buy a cobra with a kennebell and still get good mpgs when out of the gas and sell it for what you had in it if you got the right deal. youll never get what you got into a GT after you spend all the money to make it able to compete

Nice care for sure. But i wouldn't waste my money modding it. IF anything just put a blower on it and be done

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I'm tired of the misconception that it takes a lot more to make a 2v faster than a 4V. It's just not true when you take into account the price of the cars.

If you take a built 4v and a built 2v the power will be closer than anyone would like to admit.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
I'm tired of the misconception that it takes a lot more to make a 2v faster than a 4V. It's just not true when you take into account the price of the cars.

If you take a built 4v and a built 2v the power will be closer than anyone would like to admit.

Agreed, and the price of cams is half as much :D

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member

the reason people don't consider that is the resale. Thought about this and then realized a modded gt sell for nothing.

Cobra actually comes from factory with the potential and thus keeps its value, meanwhile a modded gt rarely adds more than a grand or two.

That means everything!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Springs and a chin and this car is set.

the reason people don't consider that is the resale. Thought about this and then realized a modded gt sell for nothing.

Cobra actually comes from factory with the potential and thus keeps its value, meanwhile a modded gt rarely adds more than a grand or two.

That means everything!

Valid point, that's not what gets said by most thought when discussing the subject.

Adiabatik

Banned
He's got a nice car which he can make a lot of power from and be a nice sleeper. but for the same cost of building a GT to make 700hp you could just just buy a cobra with a kennebell and still get good mpgs when out of the gas and sell it for what you had in it if you got the right deal. youll never get what you got into a GT after you spend all the money to make it able to compete

I don't understand this argument. 2V PI GT's go for what these days, $5-6K? The NPI 2V's are even lower. Take that plus maybe $10 (high side) for a complete blower, built shortblock, and supporting mods. You're running 600+rwhp on a $15-16K price.....whereas even high-mileage Cobra's are still hovering around $20 (and most are stock or near stock).

:shrug:

19935.slow

Established Member
My car went 12.8 at 111mph before a converter. 02 z28: exhaust, lid, mufflers and a 3.27 gear. That is about as un modded as it gets for a bolt on ls on a summitomo. Most 2v's wont do that with bolt ons.

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
My car went 12.8 at 111mph before a converter. 02 z28: exhaust, lid, mufflers and a 3.27 gear. That is about as un modded as it gets for a bolt on ls on a summitomo. Most 2v's wont do that with bolt ons.

I guess it depends on what you consider bolt ons, a 2 valve with full exhaust, cams, and gears will easily run in the 12's.

Users who are viewing this thread