Friends 2v GT

Awt2

Established Member
Longtubes, O/R H, SLP Catback, Cams, intake, CAI, tune, and gears I believe. The owner might chime in soon and let you know. All I know is it pulls just as hard as my cobra.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Longtubes, O/R H, SLP Catback, Cams, intake, CAI, tune, and gears I believe. The owner might chime in soon and let you know. All I know is it pulls just as hard as my cobra.

You need to get your cobra to a mechanic in a hurry :D

Awt2

Established Member
The cobra has been down for almost a year now. The engine is at Blue Collar Performance getting rebuilt. Should be done in a month or so. Its hard working on a teenager's budget lol.

Awt2

Established Member
I believe his dyno sheet said 322rwhp or something along those lines. Either its a factory freak, or a really nice dyno ;)

Im only 17, my dad is financing fixing my Cobra, but I have to start paying him back when I start working full time next year.

Awt2

Established Member
They're the raxioms from AmericanMuscle, but he likes them, Im not a huge fan but I don't mind them.

Adiabatik

Banned
The 2V hate is getting downright ridiculous now. People who have no idea what they're talking about......really should keep their mouths shut :rollseyes

A full bolt-on, cammed, and geared PI is no joke. I've seen my fair share of them surprising lightly modded LS1's and the like.

dizzygoat

Established Member
The 2V hate is getting downright ridiculous now. People who have no idea what they're talking about......really should keep their mouths shut :rollseyes

A full bolt-on, cammed, and geared PI is no joke. I've seen my fair share of them surprising lightly modded LS1's and the like.

It seems the 4v is suited better for lighter weight vehicles. Ive always felt that the 2v did better in the heavier applications. Take the Lightning for instance, i havent seen many(if any) of the 4v guys run great times. Tmes that the 2v havent already run with the same, or even a more simple setup.

EDIT: i know my Lightning is going to stay 2v forever, no matter how extravagant i choose to go with the build.

Last edited:

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Does he have any plans for it?

Not bad, I agree though it needs a chin spoiler and the headlights are awful. Nice car though..

Awt2

Established Member
Hes going to be swapping in a 03 Cobra drivetrain with a possible 2.8kb on top, into it here in the near future. I heavily agree on the chin-spoiler, he should be chiming in soon here.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member

Check my sig, I love bashing on the 2V's because they are completely anemic in most cases even with a blower :) That's why they are such fun cars when you mod them, perfect sleeper :) I've had my fair share of people hang their heads out of their car and laugh at the notion that I'd want to run them :)

Hes going to be swapping in a 03 Cobra drivetrain with a possible 2.8kb on top, into it here in the near future. I heavily agree on the chin-spoiler, he should be chiming in soon here.

I hear ya on the budget thing. I bought a blower to start with and basically just built around that before finally going to a full on build over the years. I would have put a pushrod in it had I been able to do it from the start though. That's awesome about him doing the full drivetrain conversion.

A supercharger and blower cams make great power on these cars though. I made 487 rwhp through 9 psi intercooled on stock heads and shortblock (heads had never been off the car.) It was a ton of fun and surprised a few people :)

Awt2

Established Member
Hes a good deal older than me, I just did the pictures for him. Im in the process of rebuilding my cobra's motor after it spun 3 rod bearings and tore up one main bearing.

Im doing it on a budget with Coyote rods and probe pistons, but it should be decent for what I want. His car will be crazy when he starts on it, and I can't wait to see the finished product. You can assume Ill be there to photograph the entire thing :p

Users who are viewing this thread