Friday night Plano GTG.....

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
The clutch will be a bitch, the trannys in our cars are HEAVY! Have a surplus of jacks on hand for sure.

I think I'm gonna leave the cobra alone for a while and turn my attention to the fox...I was thinking about a nasty 370/6.0 w/nitrous or maybe drop the compression a little bit and hit it with a few lbs of hot air. We'll see...getting a job will impact the decision alot as dollar/power is much less expensive for the Cobra.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
John, you just have to ask yourself what you want. If you just want a lil more power then go with the the ported blower.

But if you want to be competitive get the Whipple. You'll be faster then every Eaton powered Cobra there easily. Everyone will be chasing you instead of you having deal with morons like Sheldon with a stock blower and a pully screaming he didnt lose the race. With a Whipple, there will be NO arguing the point because the winner will be clear.

Why do think so many people are gunnig for JC? It's because his car is fast as shit! He just laughes at the rest of us tryin to catch up.

No one ever said racing was cheap. But it's worth it when you are fast. :rockon:
He won't be faster than my 302 50 shotted wonder car... I'm going for 10s with the port, **** the half shafts!:D

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
With a Whipple, you wont have to be one of those dorks talking about Torco for an extra few hp.

Take it from someone who knows, shortcuts are NOT the ways to do things. Do it right the FIRST time.
:shrug: F you biotch! It seems to run a little better on it... .2-.3 seconds is nothing to sneeze at.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
JKD said:
I say you order right now or you're chicken. :D
Either that or wait until December and then you get another set of hands.:thumbsup:
JKD said:
I told ya John, everyone is steppin up these days. Dont' get left behind. :rolling:
Yeah, then you'll be stuck in the back with me...hahaha

Last edited:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Hey strokd, shut the **** up! You're slow! :lol:

JKD is right, **** the port.. and so is John for wondering what I've got up my sleeve.. lets just say I've got somethin for you 'dick beaters'. :cool:

Ejones -- It's not jackstand racing when HPP is doing it! They have lifts.

Are we hanging out tomorrow?? I was thinking about going to the track maybe, who knows. My piece o' shit is broken though.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
foofinator said:

JKD is right, **** the port.. and so is John for wondering what I've got up my sleeve.. lets just say I've got somethin for you 'dick beaters'. :cool:

Are we hanging out tomorrow?? I was thinking about going to the track maybe, who knows. My piece o' shit is broken though.
LOL at me being slow, whats that make you? You beat me by les than a car man, you aren't quite John Force... My car on slicks and skinnies with my Port will run damn near 10s, believe it... I guess 10s in a stockish car these days is slow, so be it. :shrug:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Sheldon, is that you?

I'm definately not John Force, did you hear my slow shifts? I have a clutch that shakes my car and locks me out of gear at high RPM, so I couldn't power shift or speed shift. You are more of a driver than you let on.

I'll race you tonight, without any Torco in my tank from a 60 punch to see if you really have what you think you do on the top end. Bring whatever tune you want, I'm ready for ya.

I'm just bustin' your balls a bit, I can't **** with Steve, he always threatens to sell his car.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
foofinator said:
Sheldon, is that you?

I'm definately not John Force, did you hear my slow shifts? I have a clutch that shakes my car and locks me out of gear at high RPM, so I couldn't power shift or speed shift. You are more of a driver than you let on.

I'll race you tonight, without any Torco in my tank from a 60 punch to see if you really have what you think you do on the top end. Bring whatever tune you want, I'm ready for ya.

I'm just bustin' your balls a bit, I can't **** with Steve, he always threatens to sell his car.
I know man, its all in fun... I'll run you tonight, just let me know when, and we can meet up. I may or may not go play cards, so, I guess just shoot me a PM and we can see if I can make it. I never said I wasn't a good driver, everyone else does, so I just let them keep thinking that way cause it gives me an advantage since they think it will be a cake walk.:D

Driving a 700+ RW car with a stick for 5 years and not having one accident would lead some reasonably intelligent people to believe that I can hold my own behind the wheel. But then of course, there are others that think they know everything about driving when they have a 400 RW car on bottle and slicks that think they can out drive me... it's fun to prove them wrong. There are three people in Dallas that I feel can vastly out drive me: Manny, Andrew, and Mike Hutto... other than that, I don't think I am at a large disadvantage.;-) I am talking street car drivers, not race car drivers of course... I could care less about race car drivers because, well, they don't race on the street. :D

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
Pulease... you know exactly who that is... He has a White Firebird, posts as Whive V6 Bird, and BeenFetchedLately... he is a basic bad ass behind the wheel...:rockon:

He is the ONLY person who could get my friend Jessica's Z28 to run a better time than Tweakd, and it was by about .02 seconds or some shit... Rob was an incredible driver as well.:(

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
foofinator said:
How is 8pm for you?
Would have been fine, I didn't do shit last night. By the time I got your message, it was too late because my car is in storage. Can't get it out after 9, and I got your message around 9:45, as I didn't hear the phone ring. You can run the vert finally next time out, I get it tonight.:banana:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
foofinator said:
You sure you want me to embarrass two of your cars? :(
I'll just say you have no ****en chance of embarrasing the vert, how's that sound? You'd need a Twin screw and a lot of bottle to rip it a new one...:D I got it home in the garage, we can run whenever you are back in town...:thumbsup:

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
foofinator said:

nope currently the blower is coming off; so my car is still on the ground no lift right now.

TxCobrA98

'98 Cobra
Established Member
hey guys, i dont get on SVTP alot, but i do read around but havent really ever been to the Texas section of the forums.

So is this Friday thing every week? how many of you guys show up? im afraid my 98 n/a cobra wont keep up w/ the blowers and the 03's but id def love to come and hang out with you guys.. check out whats out there and just chill. let me know if you guys do this every weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread