Free shop use update

Regulars520

Established Member
Ok guys I have finally settled permanently, I relocated to Wisconsin for work and have zero plans of moving or relocating again. With that being said I closed down my shop in Indiana and yesterday brought up the last load of shop equipment to my new house in Wisconsin.

So now that I have my stuff here Ill be offering out use of my shop and its equipment here again soon. I dont have everything setup yet, I still need to put the lift up and some organization going on. It will no longer be a business and will be at my house, however I have a 10000 sq ft pole barn with a 1500 sq ft shop in it and it is away from my home on the property, so I talked to the wife and she is good with people using it at our property since its not right next to the house :).
So with that being said, you guys are welcome to come use the shop if you need a heated or ac place to work in. Anything you want to do here you can. (As soon as I get the lift up) so until it is up it will all be stuff on the ground, Im hoping to have the lift up soon, its a heavy bastard so it will take me a few to throw it up. I also have room for some storage so if you want to pull a motor or trans and need to keep the car here, that is fine. AS LONG AS WE HAVE A PLAN IN PLACE. It cannot stay forever. I have all the mustang factory shop books, I have every vehicle in alldata all the way up to 2014 so if you need specs, how toos, print outs, I have all of that.

All of this is free.

Rules.
Be respectful, it is my home and now my personal tools, etc..
Clean up when you are done, if you use some shop supplies that were sitting around, IE towels etc... no big deal just let me know if they are empty or getting low. I invited you so I dont mind you using supplies
Respect the area I live in, my town has only 651 people in it. Which means its small and word gets out. I live in bfe but I dont want people knowing my home to be where all the a-holes are that peel out, speed etc... We have plenty of room in the area away from the house where nobody lives for test hits etc... Ill show them to you and we can do it away from town.
Just be nice and have fun.

My goal here is to build a group, and have a gathering point for local mustang, or hot rodders in the area where we can get together and help each other out and have a good time. Shops charge out the butt now days for work. I have everything you need to get what you need done and avoid those fees. My shop was in the middle of buying a dyno before I relocated, I do not know as of yet if that plan will continue as of this moment. HOWEVER I want a dyno sooooooo with that being said, at some point down the road I will get one here.

I also have a full size enclosed car trailer, so if your broke down then we can get you here.

So where am I at?

I live in Star Prairie Wisconsin 54026

How to reach me TEXT me at 530 575 0156 Please only text me. I am only 40 but my hearing sucks (too many bullets and bombs in a former life) and unless you like to repeat yourself just text for now. Text me anytime.

Regulars520

Established Member
That is very cool of you to offer. Hopefully you're monitoring everyone coming and going though.

It wont be like that, a lot of coming and going without me being there. People can get a hold of me and we can set up time and day/days etc...

FIVEHOE

Established Member
This is awesome of you to offer. Shit I would even buy you beer/food for letting me use your space/tools if you were down here.

Hopefully no bad apples ruin it for the good guys....

4a7191a

Established Member
Very awesome op.
I let all my pals work on their cars at my pace as well. Even engine pulls and stuff.
Usually I BBQ and drink and watch for first blood.
Wish I lived closer. I bet your an awesome car guy to hang out with :)

Regulars520

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. I just finished installing my lift, so all thats left to do is wire it in, which ill do tomorrow or sometime this week. So pretty much ready to go.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I said it before, very generous of you. I would get some waivers though to CYA.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Crazy cool, anyone local helping with the setup?

I remember when Chris of Excessive Motorsport East was moving his shop, about 10 of us were there as often as we could manage, boxing stuff up.

Chris helped us all out many times, and his moving was a chance for a little payback.

I'm thinking about something similar, but in a much lower-key manner: I want to learn to TIG weld, so I've bought a welder, several tanks of gas and once I quit ruining metal all over the place, I'll take on small welding projects for people. I've already got a MIG, and that's easy; TIG's a different beast...

Save one bay for the pool table and tiki bar!

Mike

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cal, you are one very generous and thoughtful guy. I'm sure your offer will benefit those who just don't have the space or equipment to get things done on their cars. That said, I agree with Brad. You really need to consider having folks sign a waiver to cover you should someone get hurt on your property. Ie. smacking their head on the lift, tripping over a piece of equipment. Stuff happens. So protect yourself! All that said, what an awesome service to provide folks in your area. I have never heard of anyone offering up their garage and equipment (heated and cooled to boot) for NO CHARGE. Awesome, my friend! :bowdown: :rockon:

Regulars520

Established Member
Are the users going to have to sign anything?

I have waivers from when I let people use it in Indiana. The wifey is going to re-write them or have them re-written to follow Wisconsin law. I let a lot of local car gurus use my shop when we were Indiana and it went off without a hitch, so I'm hoping for the same results.

jbs$

Established Member
At one time I allowed some of the employee access to the plant on weekends to work on their cars. They were told which mills or laths they could use and not to screw around with any of the CNC equipment. One of the employee's buddy could not help himself and erased a critical production CNC program, which took two days to get back in and the machine back up and running. I had little choice but to stop weekend access for all.

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
Great idea, so generous!

But PLEASE have waivers and a plan in place so bad apples can't ruin it for everyone.

There is always that one person who spoils the fun.

Regulars520

Established Member
Well, after 2 days of busting butt, I have most of my shop set up now. Minus my other compressor. I forgot to mention that the shop is set up for painting as well. However, I would NOT expect it to be dust free, being that I do all kinds of work in the shop and I do woodwork in other parts of the warehouse. Its sealed and has ventilation but I would not rule out fugitive dust getting in. I do know this, putting up a full size lift by yourself is one hell of a task. As far as the bad apples, I dont really expect a ton of people to show up, but it is open to those of you on here that are near me. I have not offered it out to local people, at my last place I was from there and knew everybody there, here I dont know anybody really yet. So anybody that is near here, give me a shout if you need a place. Remember text only, deaf guy here. 530-575-0156

Users who are viewing this thread