Found this on eBay 03 cobra repo

UncleAnt

Established Member
I read the thread before looking at the listing and was honestly expecting alot worse...

I wouldnt pay any more than what its at now but ive seen worse.People assume the motor is toast but it could be a cheap fix.He lists it with problems he gets shit for it,he lists it without problems and he gets shit for it.cant keep everyone happy

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, the seller has not tried to hide anything from what I see. The car is what it is. A nice Terminator with a motor issue and in need of tires. If the motor was fine and the tires were fine this would actually be a very nice Cobra, condition wise. He isn't misrepresenting it at all. He seems to have disclosed everything he can. He set no Reserve on it. People who bid should know exactly what they're bidding on and that at the worse, it might need a complete rebuild. :shrug:

Adam B

200mph
Established Member
Thanks on the last few posts. I disclosed everything I could about the car, people just have to find a reason to bitch on the Internet.

Btw, the previous owner said he took the wipers off because it looked cleaner and he never drove the car in the rain. Piece of worthless junk, I know.

sdg97232

Established Member
I really don't see why this thread is going the way it is.........did the seller try to represent this car as something its not NO he is clearly being honest about the cars poor condition. Dose the fact that this car was beat on make it worthless? Maybe to some but not to others, what something is worth will very from eye to eye come on guys. Some like a project, to bring a car back from the dead and rebuild it into something special, hell I bought a cobra with no motor in it the car wasn't worthless to me. To me the car looks like a solid starting point for a project the motor can be fixed /replaced, this car is savable and I hope the guy buying will.

Last edited:

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Owner seems straight forward. He didn't have a reserve of 10k. People will build what they build. Could have a totaled Terminator with a good motor. So many variables. As far as him being defensive, can't blame him. The car is what it is in everyones eyes, end of they day he disclosed the nitty gritty.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Jon%20Stewart%20looking%20confused.gif

Are you serious? Have you seen the pictures you posted up? As a buyer, here are just a couple of things that jump out at me:

1. Severe engine issues. If it's smoking after a short idle, that could, AT BEST, be gaskets and at worst mean the engine needs replacement/rebuild. Have you priced that? Do you know how hard it is to find a replacement 03/04 Cobra motor? Pretty easy to get a reman motor from Tousley if it needed it :shrug:

2. The tires are BALD. Obviously, someone burned them off before the repo happened and if you would replace the rears for $400 or so before putting pictures online, it would make a difference..if not for the other plethora of crap wrong with this car. Obviously you know exactly what happened to this car. If he put a set of rear tires on the car you would probably complain they weren't some high end brand.

3. I don't know if I'm the only one to notice this, but...WHERE ARE THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS? Really?? Welcome to the world of cars. :bash: A lot of people do wiper delete because they like the clean look and don't daily drive it.

This car has obviously had the hell beat out of it. Anyone who knows anything about cars will pick up on that. You obviously know cars real well...

Your current bid is $9xxx...if I were you, I'd jump all over it because the price is already more than what that car is worth. It WAS a Terminator....once. But now it's just another new edge Mustang that needs major mechanical work, to the tune of thousands of dollars minimum. And it's also selling to the tune of thousands of dollars less than one in good mechanical condition would be.

So yes..in the eyes of most, that does make the car useless. Nobody wants to buy a Cobra because of the clean interior. I seriously doubt people want to use it as a lawn ornament and sit in it from time to time since the engine is shot. Again, naive post

Lol at all the hate. The seller disclosed a lot about the car...more than probably most would. This could be a good platform for someone looking to build a drag car.

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
This thread derailed nicely. Yes the car needs a TON of tlc but the seller was/is upfront about the condition of the car...that's better than a LOT of sellers out there.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
id buy it. needs about $2000 worth of stuff to be a killer clean terminator.

$12k in a nice terminator? youd better believe Id do it.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see the big deal. Everything is disclosed. I wouldn't pay more than $10k for it due to the unknown engine problems. No big deal to pull the motor and refresh it. Car looks decently clean otherwise. Not sure why this guy is getting shit for it.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Lol at all the hate. The seller disclosed a lot about the car...more than probably most would. This could be a good platform for someone looking to build a drag car.

And you want to tell me that I know nothing about cars?

Better platform: Foxbody.

Far less money, far more performance. The foxbody is one of the cheapest cars to build for the strip, bar none.

You're welcome.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
youd be surprised what I have fixed stuff properly for :D

all it takes is patience and cash in hand and turning your own wrenches.

Ok. So lets say the car most likely has a bad bottom end.
Easily thats a 3k fix. Most likely it needs bored out. New .20 over pistons. All new bearings. New Oil pump. Gaskets. Def throw headstuds in it while its apart. Hopefully The crank is ok. Plus fluids and filters. Even if u put it together yourself. Thats 2500-3k depending. Plus 600 in just new rear tires. God knows what else is wrong with it. Clutch. Irs bushings. Ect. If i cant fix that car for 2k, you have no shot. Build/fix it righr the first time or be prepared to get ur ass ripped by the buyer.

Sick SVT

Established Member
And you want to tell me that I know nothing about cars?

Better platform: Foxbody.

Far less money, far more performance. The foxbody is one of the cheapest cars to build for the strip, bar none.

You're welcome.

I've owned a few foxes and know their potential but thanks for the lesson. Not everyone wants a fox body though. Just ask all the terminator owners on this site with drag setups :shrug:. While I agree the fox can be a great platform for the strip, it doesn't take away that the car in question could also be freshened up and still be a fair price for the do-it-your self owner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread