Found this on eBay 03 cobra repo

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
lol sweet rear tires. slice slice slice slice. ugly tan interior. def has a smoked motor. I wonder what the trunk carpet is hiding. its obvious they just threw that ontop to take pics of it. also i dont see a radio. accident on carfax.... sounds like a sweet deal

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
lol sweet rear tires. slice slice slice slice. ugly tan interior. def has a smoked motor. I wonder what the trunk carpet is hiding. its obvious they just threw that ontop to take pics of it. also i dont see a radio. accident on carfax.... sounds like a sweet deal

I wonder what that mess of wires is in the trunk. Probably from a sound system. I don't think that's a tan interior, I think it's a dirty ass grey interior.

Looks like the previous owner knew it was going and beat the shit out of it before it did.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I wouldnt pay more than what it's at right now. That car is toast. Would be a good track car if you wanted to build it.

Adam B

200mph
Established Member

How is it obvious? That's how it was when I got the car. Guess I should of took the carpet out of the trunk and take pictures of it out of the car because that is normally how people like their trunk carpet... Not in the car. Nice.

The interior is tan and very clean. So because a car has mechanical issues it's worthless? Nice.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
How is it obvious? That's how it was when I got the car. Guess I should of took the carpet out of the trunk and take pictures of it out of the car because that is normally how people like their trunk carpet... Not in the car. Nice.

The interior is tan and very clean. So because a car has mechanical issues it's worthless? Nice.

you seem upset....

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member

Your car, huh?

The tires are melted off the car and it has serious engine problems. It's far from mint, bro.

Adam B

200mph
Established Member
Your car, huh?

The tires are melted off the car and it has serious engine problems. It's far from mint, bro.

Yes because I said this is a mint showcar. I remember saying that now! Thanks for coming and checking out the engine while I was away and giving your diagnosis on it.

Dsg-shaker - Na, I'm use to the internet.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Your car, huh?

Good observation "bro"! I think he pretty well disclosed everything he could about the car. All the while placing no reserve and settling for whatever someone is willing to pay.

Sick03Vert

Banned

Jon%20Stewart%20looking%20confused.gif

Are you serious? Have you seen the pictures you posted up? As a buyer, here are just a couple of things that jump out at me:

1. Severe engine issues. If it's smoking after a short idle, that could, AT BEST, be gaskets and at worst mean the engine needs replacement/rebuild. Have you priced that? Do you know how hard it is to find a replacement 03/04 Cobra motor?

2. The tires are BALD. Obviously, someone burned them off before the repo happened and if you would replace the rears for $400 or so before putting pictures online, it would make a difference..if not for the other plethora of crap wrong with this car.

3. I don't know if I'm the only one to notice this, but...WHERE ARE THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS? Really??

This car has obviously had the hell beat out of it. Anyone who knows anything about cars will pick up on that.

Your current bid is $9xxx...if I were you, I'd jump all over it because the price is already more than what that car is worth. It WAS a Terminator....once. But now it's just another new edge Mustang that needs major mechanical work, to the tune of thousands of dollars minimum.

So yes..in the eyes of most, that does make the car useless. Nobody wants to buy a Cobra because of the clean interior. I seriously doubt people want to use it as a lawn ornament and sit in it from time to time since the engine is shot.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Jon%20Stewart%20looking%20confused.gif

Are you serious? Have you seen the pictures you posted up? As a buyer, here are just a couple of things that jump out at me:

1. Severe engine issues. If it's smoking after a short idle, that could, AT BEST, be gaskets and at worst mean the engine needs replacement/rebuild. Have you priced that? Do you know how hard it is to find a replacement 03/04 Cobra motor?

2. The tires are BALD. Obviously, someone burned them off before the repo happened and if you would replace the rears for $400 or so before putting pictures online, it would make a difference..if not for the other plethora of crap wrong with this car.

3. I don't know if I'm the only one to notice this, but...WHERE ARE THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS? Really??

This car has obviously had the hell beat out of it. Anyone who knows anything about cars will pick up on that.

Your current bid is $9xxx...if I were you, I'd jump all over it because the price is already more than what that car is worth. It WAS a Terminator....once. But now it's just another new edge Mustang that needs major mechanical work, to the tune of thousands of dollars minimum.

So yes..in the eyes of most, that does make the car useless. Nobody wants to buy a Cobra because of the clean interior. I seriously doubt people want to use it as a lawn ornament and sit in it from time to time since the engine is shot.

If it makes you feel better, I did buy a co red cobra for the built sra/suspension, fuel tank and skirts/mirrors... But yeah this car is far from being decent. It would make a good base for a track car or someone with deep pockets

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member

That car is a POS and is going to be a major money pit for anyone who buys it.

Like I said, unless the buyer is using it for a track car and is going to completely redo everything anyways, it would be a waste of money buying it.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Good observation "bro"! I think he pretty well disclosed everything he could about the car. All the while placing no reserve and settling for whatever someone is willing to pay.

If you'd read the entire thread, bro, he also took offense when someone called it a pile of ****, which is what it appears to be to me. Probable engine damage, cosmetic damage, burnt off rear tires and god knows what else is wrong with it.

SRA, engine damage, bald rear tires, yeah, it's clear to anyone here with half a brain that this car was beaten to within an inch of its life. If it's got an SRA on it, there stands a pretty good reason that this car was much more heavily modified at one point in time than it sits today.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
If you'd read the entire thread, bro, he also took offense when someone called it a pile of ****, which is what it appears to be to me. Probable engine damage, cosmetic damage, burnt off rear tires and god knows what else is wrong with it.

SRA, engine damage, bald rear tires, yeah, it's clear to anyone here with half a brain that this car was beaten to within an inch of its life. If it's got an SRA on it, there stands a pretty good reason that this car was much more heavily modified at one point in time than it sits today.

I read the thread and it's clear you only see what you want to see so you can climb step up on your soapbox. You're clearly not the only one though.

He didn't take offense at anyone calling is a piece of shit. He only responded to the comment that the carpet was placed to cover something up. Everything else was sarcasm.

I wonder what the trunk carpet is hiding. its obvious they just threw that ontop to take pics of it

Did you bother to read the ebay listing? He never misrepresented the car or pretended it was something it isn't. In fact he was more honest than most anybody else would have been and fully disclosed all known issues. It's for sale at no reserve. What's the big ****ing deal here?

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I read the thread and it's clear you only see what you want to see so you can climb step up on your soapbox. You're clearly not the only one though.

Ok cupcake, I'm going to explain this real simple like in hopes that you can keep up. He took offense to someone calling it a worthless pile of shit. The popular opinion here from myself and others is that it is in fact a worthless pile of shit with a popped motor and god knows what else wrong with it.

He didn't take offense at anyone calling is a piece of shit. He only responded to the comment that the carpet was placed to cover something up. Everything else was sarcasm.

He took offense to someone calling it worthless which is basically semantics at that point. It's worthless because it's a pile of shit.

At any rate, if you don't want opinions, don't post shit up on the Internet. I can't believe someone is going to pay nearly $10k for that.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Ok cupcake, I'm going to explain this real simple like in hopes that you can keep up. He took offense to someone calling it a worthless pile of shit. The popular opinion here from myself and others is that it is in fact a worthless pile of shit with a popped motor and god knows what else wrong with it.

He took offense to someone calling it worthless which is basically semantics at that point. It's worthless because it's a pile of shit.

At any rate, if you don't want opinions, don't post shit up on the Internet. I can't believe someone is going to pay nearly $10k for that.

No need to make it simple for me. My reading comprehension is just fine.

I won't dispute the fact the the car was beat on but it's certainly worth more than scrap value. Now show me where in his initial post that he took offense at someone calling it a pile of shit.

We've all seen our share of misleading ebay and CL ads but here you have an honest seller who happens to be a member rightfully defending his integrity. What do you suggest he do with it? Terminate the ad and concede that it's worthless? Amazing. Maybe someone has a nice, low mileage Coyote motor to drop in it :-D

Opinions are fine BTW but when they start to emulate YouTube comments, I might be inclined to offer my own.

Users who are viewing this thread