Found an abandoned missile silo..

4camwonder

Established Member
01_OXFORD_SVT said:
Dude, you are the man..

this can happen. ive got mad supplies and i can prob. get my hands on a few MOP suits, and well as the geiger counter.

or we can just be badasses and grow a few extra balls or soemthing.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:
Pretty cool...although I think what you might have found is an old ammo dump. Missile silos are below ground and usually are filled with concrete once the Air Force deactivates them. I've deactivated a few and its kind of cool...The equipment inside that we used to care and maintain was destroyed by us.

I've heard some of the Atlas and Titan sites being sold to the public...

When I was over in europe years ago (15), I saw something on t.v. how they were deactivating silos and theyd throw grenades in them to blow them up. Was cool as hell.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
BTW where was this, I'm in gloucester county, nj. Looks like something cool todo. hit me up JLPerformance.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Anything look familiar in thes pictures?

BOMARCAdisplayHillAFBMuseumUT.jpg

BOMARCBdisplayHillAFBMuseumUT.jpg

If you like that. check out this site.

http://www.radomes.org/museum/bomarc.html

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
BOMARC Missile

Propulsion: One Thiokol XM-51 solid fuel rocket; Two Marquardt RJ43-MA-7 ramjets
Wingspan: 18 ft 2 in
Length: 45 ft 1 in
Height: 10 ft 4 in
Diameter: 2 ft 11 in
Weight: 16,032 lbs
Speed: 1,975 miles per hour (Mach 2.8)
Range: 440 miles
Service Ceiling: 100,000 ft
Armament: W-40 nuclear warhead or 1,000 lb conventional high-explosive warhead
Cost: $ 1,150,000

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
just went thru all 13 pages and i must say this is absolutely kick ass! one of the best threads i ever read.

be careful in there.. there has to be activity every once in a while. dont get caught. and if your scared.. bring a 12 gauge with an open choke and a mag extension... 00 buck.. should handle any Freddy, Jason, or any other crazy killers u might find LOL

Matt94GT

Established Member
I just read this entire thread AWESOME. I love shit like this I just wish I could find somthing this cool!!

Danger Dude

Established Member
I have been thinking because this is part of a larger complex and the stuff looks taken care of I would not be suprised if you guys were not being watched and they did nothing because you did no harm. I will have to say if people start coming often they will eventually detain you. The thing is no harm now why would they want to make a sensation. Be careful

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
Like I posted before I live probably less than 10 minutes from there. It's deep in colliers mills. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the county it's in has the highest cancer rate in NJ, or maybe even the US...

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
As far as them burying it with asphalt, and then concrete... That's gotta tell you that they were pretty worried about something

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
kissmyAZZure said:
As far as them burying it with asphalt, and then concrete... That's gotta tell you that they were pretty worried about something

just read all 13 pages and it seems thats true

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
I identified one Hazzard at the site, When you go out, keep away from this area. All that insulation on the pipes is damaged, and probally laying all around in little flakes on the floor is asbestos. It won't bother right away, but 20 yrs from now you could get lung cancer.

pipes.gif

turbos.gif

Plus the fact that this is just stored out there and probally forgotten about.

radioactivedrums.gif

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
I've been thinking about this little excursion you've been on. You better be careful.

I've been involved with some environmental surveys at shutdown Military Facilities and Buildings. It is scary, you have no idea the type health hazzards that are in there. I strongly advise you to stay out of that place. You have no idea what is out there at that site and what you are exposing yourself to. You could be exposed to:

Extrelemy high Mold counts - if you are allergic to it, your body could go into shock
Asbestos - Lung Disease
Lead - Messes up your Brain causes memory loss and can get you pretty sick
Radiation- We all know this F's you up
Slip, Trip & Fall hazzards - break a leg or become impailed on something sticking out of the ground. A trap door or floor hatch could give way underneath you.
There may be hazardous chemicals or heavy metals accumulated on the surfaces of desks, floors or walls.
Live Ammunition could be in burried the ground or laying somewhere in the facility.
PCB's cause cancer and were commonly used in wireing covers and Transformers, If there was a fire out there, PCB's could be all over the place.

When we go in these places we get all types of testing equipment and wear a AirPack and we have some type of history on the place. Commands change very often in the Military, and this place may have been forgotten about.

So I say it is a nice place to walk around the fence, but Stay out of there :nono:

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
i forgot about this thread! I just readall the pages I had not seen... and the pics, GREAT WORK! Sounds pretty dangerous though.

Users who are viewing this thread