Found a cool dyno in Olympia

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
so are we leaning towards the 4th still or a later date?

i should be able to make any date as long as its a fri/sat/sunday

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
alright.

i got into the cobra pretty hard today for the first time. so by then i should be modified and maybe go ahead and dyno :poke:

whitelx

Established Member
Any date set yet? Im thinking around end of Feb. early March. That would give everyone enough time to get ready. I still need to replace myoil pan gasket and get a FPR. Anyone ever done an oil pan gasket on a Fox? :shrug:
-whitelx

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Yep. Unbolt the motor mounts, jack the motor as high as possible, lower iol pan and replace. Obviously you'll want to watch out for contact between lines, engine to firewall and other various plumbing while jacking up the motor. May even need to unbolt the tranny mount a bit. Just depends. I actually had to change a bad oil pump while in Yakima with the motor still in the engine bay. Pain in the ass but it can be done.

whitelx

Established Member
Cool thanks Greg. I think Im gonna pick up a Chiltons at work tomorrow so I will have a step by step. Gonna try and go to my buddys house and do it, cause I think they would flip out here at my apartment complex. They already did when I did the fuel pump on the Contour. :rolleyes:
-whitelx

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I hate that about apt comp. You'l also need some blue rtv for the end seals that go between the timing cover/pan and the rear main/pan. Some gaskets are 1 pc others are 4pc. Take care to dig out all that old rtv in those areas so the new stuff will be able to mount freely into those areas. If not you'll have small pesky leaks. It may seem like a minor thing but it will be frustrating to go through all that work and have a leak.

whippleblown03

Established Member
whitelx said:
Any date set yet? Im thinking around end of Feb. early March. That would give everyone enough time to get ready. I still need to replace myoil pan gasket and get a FPR. Anyone ever done an oil pan gasket on a Fox? :shrug:
-whitelx

my car is almost done!

will be getting a date set up late next week and will post it here! :thumbsup:

whippleblown03

Established Member
dyno dynamics! it will read alot lower than others but who cares! add 17% to your hp # and it will be close to others! plus its what it can lay down at the track!

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
i stopped by there yesterday. he said we just need to let him know a date and he can see if its open.

i believe the next 2 weekends now he said he is busy. might have to call and confirm for sure, but it seems like late this month maybe the 25th? would be best.

red347

Banned
If you guys want to set up a day at our place $45.00 per car. That is our standard group rate. Its a bit of a drive but the gas would be paid for.

Ron @ FS.

Users who are viewing this thread