Found a cobra.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
hmmmm, smaller pulley huh? have you driven it at all? I would look it over real good if it has a smaller pulley on it and take it for a ride. If the pulley is smaller than a 3.1 then i would make sure the dealership didn't flash it back to stock. But if all checks out 20-21K for a cobra sounds sweet. Specially buy it before the weather gets nice or you can add another $1000-$1500 to the price.

88_Stanga

Established Member
i owe a lot on my car. how badly would my roll over be if i were to do the same thing? i owe 30k on my car and stealerships only book it at just under 20. id be paying a 10k roll over?

SICKBOY

Established Member
man.. guess east coast cars get given away...that sounds like a solid price before your low balling...Thats a pretty dumb deal at 22k on the west coast

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Well I found out why the price was so "solid" it had 7 owners 1 of which had the car for only 60 days another for only 8 months!!!! It was also in an accident with "under carriage" damage reported. So needless to say..... I did NOT find my cobra.

chuckstang

Established Member
Mach's are beautiful in their own right and are very formidable force with very light modding to them. Plus you can pick them up for a pretty good bargain too.

I don't see them much cheaper than a used 03 term :shrug:

I agree, I like the mach's but not worth the money if you can pick up a term for 20k

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
the problem with Mach's is they dont have the forged motor, and the high compression makes it tricky to add forced induction to.

Terminator is definitly the better car

James, nice find..mineral gray is an extremely rare color for the 03/04 cobra's

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Wish I was still in the market because the car is basically setup how I want mine. And it's one of my favorite mustang colors. And the MG's are definitely rare Ian.

Shoot them an email to see what's up. I would ask for pics before I went any further. And yes, dealer's do post on craigslist.

SICKBOY

Established Member
Well I found out why the price was so "solid" it had 7 owners 1 of which had the car for only 60 days another for only 8 months!!!! It was also in an accident with "under carriage" damage reported. So needless to say..... I did NOT find my cobra.

that explains it...sorry that your didn't approve of my word choice...bud

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
that explains it...sorry that your didn't approve of my word choice...bud

It wasn't about your word choice and there is no reason to apologize, I just said that because it was a solid price.... but in the end it turned out to be lemon that was selling for a good price had the car been in good shape.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Almost any cobra has the possibility of developing a head tick. 03 or 04. Cooling mods help protect against the problem.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Almost any cobra has the possibility of developing a head tick. 03 or 04. Cooling mods help protect against the problem.
I still havent figured out why the 03/04 C heads have these issues. The other C headed engines don't seem to have this tick issue. All other C headed vehicles come with no cooling provisions in the rear of the heads. So why would the cooling mod protect against the tick?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Someone's gotta ride dirty!
I would like to see some pics of this car.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I have spoken with the owner, its not a bad looking terminator. Although it has the rear window louver's and "terminator" stickers on the side of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread