Found 2005 YZF600R in shed at my house

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
That is what I tried to do, but it turns out the guys is a doosh and he just left it and it has a lien on it and HOUSEHOLD BANK is the title holder and he was trying to get money from me

BUT!!!!! the weird thing is after spending an hour on the phone with the bank that is on the title they said they have no record of the bike
so what do i do now

That's exactly what I thought was going to be the case...

Sounds like the bank has already written off the bike. Based on the condition of the property, I doubt they are going to care much about taking possession of it. I would definitely request for them to release the lien on the title, but don't be surprised if they want to charge you some sort of doc fee or something to get it done.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
So when I moved into my house no one had lived here for 2 years, and whoever lived here b4 built a shed in the back yard and left it full of junk. So today after living here for 8 months I decided to clean it out, so after 2 truck loads of junk I got to the back of the shed and there was a blue tarp covering something so I pulled it off an there was a pristine 2005 Yamaha YZF600R that was just really dusty. So I pulled it out Sprayed it down and it is beautiful. It also only has 4500 miles

My question is if I cant contact the owner can I put the bike in my name and get the title?:??:

You need to first contact the police to make sure it wasnt reported stolen. Then you can claim ownership and request the DMV issue a title in your name. There is a process for doing this, check with the DMV.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
You need to first contact the police to make sure it wasnt reported stolen. Then you can claim ownership and request the DMV issue a title in your name. There is a process for doing this, check with the DMV.

Even if the lender has a lien on it?

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
could the original lender sell the repo to another bank, sort of like credit card companies do? Maybe another bank now owns the title?

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Maybe if u tell them u were looking over the bike and came upon needed repairs. But before you started any repairs you decided to contact the owner. That's when u came accross household as being the lien holder. I'm thinking if they "forgot" about the bike, they wouldn't want it anyways if it needs a good amount of labor.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I think you might have to put out an abandonment lien and put it in the newspaper in the public notice section and then after so long it is yours.

i could be wrong tho

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
I have been trying to get a hold of the bank but they keep saying they will call me back....so as of right now I'm just waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread