Found 2005 YZF600R in shed at my house

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Because the house was a repo. This happens a lot around Ft. Hood and any other large military base. Young guys get over their head, or buy a house when married, then get divorced, orders, or separate from service and can no longer afford the house or don't care enough to keep paying for it because they don't understand the ramifications.

I understand that the house was a repo, but why would someone leave a multi-thousand dollar bike laying around? Even if it wasn't mobile because of the clutch, I would make all the effort I could to get that bike out of there. It must not have been that important to the guy.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
I understand that the house was a repo, but why would someone leave a multi-thousand dollar bike laying around? Even if it wasn't mobile because of the clutch, I would make all the effort I could to get that bike out of there. It must not have been that important to the guy.

maybe he went bankrupt....no need to come back for something you owe money on

Jroc

Established Member
Damn right!!!

You might want to look around for some more stuff.

See if you can find a good Mustang chassis that you can give me. :thumbsup:

203Cree

Established Member
Why are you taking the ignition out of it? You shouldn't be doing jack shit nothing to that bike, as it's not legally yours.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Why are you taking the ignition out of it? You shouldn't be doing jack shit nothing to that bike, as it's not legally yours.

Just disconnecting it to see the key code then its going back on hell the guy lost the keys might as well get new ones. and if it ends up going back to him I'll charge him storage fee's

txyaloo

Established Member
Just disconnecting it to see the key code then its going back on hell the guy lost the keys might as well get new ones. and if it ends up going back to him I'll charge him storage fee's

You can't charge him storage fees as you have no legal contract for storage.

Red94SVT

Established Member
since the house was a repo and it was buried in a shed under a tarp, they were probably trying to repo the bike as well so he hid it and is now trying to get money off you for something he does not own...

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Sell that bike for the low, low, keep the cash and forget about it. Its not even worth the trouble IMO

aaandht

Established Member
Well one of the neighbors got a hold of the original owner, so I talked to him for a little bit and this what happened. about 2 1/2 years ago he fried the clutch and he could not afford to fix it because he was getting kicked out of the military so he put it in his shed and then a few months later he lost the keys and the title to it. i do not know how he did but he just did ????????? he told me if i could fix it i could have it for $500

Should have put it back in the shed right when you found it for another few months....;-)

mustanginky

Established Member
my advice would be to call the police about it and see if it's stolen. if it is and you try to tag or title it if it isn't tagged or titled you may get hit up with receiving stolen property or something of that nature. it'd be a felony offense, whether or not you've done anything wrong. the old term cover your arse comes to mind here.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I'm with a few others...sounds fishy....I'd be extremely worried about it being stolen....

Last edited:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Maybe I'm just weird, but I think my conscience would get the better of me if I didn't try to find the rightful owner and give them an opportunity to recover the bike.

Users who are viewing this thread