Found 2005 YZF600R in shed at my house

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
That was the first thing I did.

LOL I wish that would be great I have to figure out how to get keys made for it.

Simple. All you need to do is go to a powersports joint and order a new ignition. I had to do that on my Polaris and i didnt even have to bring it in. If you are that concerned about it you can find them on ebay for about 75 bucks. they just pop in place with a single wiring harness. I wouldnt even title it unless your planning on getting insurance or selling it tbh. All that does is leave you open to personal property tax

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Yep you should have bought a lottery ticket. HA HA. Great find. Only thing I have ever found in something we have repo'd was dirty diapers and lots of trash.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Brought over to friends place to get the ignition out took pics with his camera
013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Last edited:

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
I think this will turn into a build thread......wonder if i could put a R1 engine in this bike.

txyaloo

Established Member
Simple. All you need to do is go to a powersports joint and order a new ignition. I had to do that on my Polaris and i didnt even have to bring it in. If you are that concerned about it you can find them on ebay for about 75 bucks. they just pop in place with a single wiring harness. I wouldnt even title it unless your planning on getting insurance or selling it tbh. All that does is leave you open to personal property tax

Texas doesn't have personal property tax, chief.

He will have to pay sales tax on it if/when he titles and registers it which is 6.25% of 80% of the presumptive value.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
If the house was a foreclosure, I would guess that they left the bike in the shed because it was financed and up for repo as well. When you contact the DMV, they should be able to tell you if there is a lien in the title I would think? If that is in fact the case, I doubt you will be able to just assume ownership of it...

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Well one of the neighbors got a hold of the original owner, so I talked to him for a little bit and this what happened. about 2 1/2 years ago he fried the clutch and he could not afford to fix it because he was getting kicked out of the military so he put it in his shed and then a few months later he lost the keys and the title to it. i do not know how he did but he just did ????????? he told me if i could fix it i could have it for $500

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Well one of the neighbors got a hold of the original owner, so I talked to him for a little bit and this what happened. about 2 1/2 years ago he fried the clutch and he could not afford to fix it because he was getting kicked out of the military so he put it in his shed and then a few months later he lost the keys and the title to it. i do not know how he did but he just did ????????? he told me if i could fix it i could have it for $500

fishy

if he doesnt have the title, then he's trying to pocket $500 off you for nothing

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
I was thinking the same thing, I'am still gonna get it thru abandonment, cause hell that guy could just be talking out of his ass.

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
damn nice find and I personally wouldnt listen to anything the original owner said. he is probably hard up for money and to sell it for just $500? Something is wrong with that pic

txyaloo

Established Member
I wonder why he didn't load it up when he moved the rest of his shit?

Because the house was a repo. This happens a lot around Ft. Hood and any other large military base. Young guys get over their head, or buy a house when married, then get divorced, orders, or separate from service and can no longer afford the house or don't care enough to keep paying for it because they don't understand the ramifications.

I was thinking the same thing, I'am still gonna get it thru abandonment, cause hell that guy could just be talking out of his ass.

Post the vin and the original owner's first name. I should be able to tell you if that's who you actually talked to and whether there's a lien on the bike. I'd be suspicious that the person you talked to was a friend/relative of the neighbor, and he was just trying to make $500 off of you.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Post the vin and the original owner's first name. I should be able to tell you if that's who you actually talked to and whether there's a lien on the bike. I'd be suspicious that the person you talked to was a friend/relative of the neighbor, and he was just trying to make $500 off of you.[/QUOTE]

already had a friend do it about 15 min ago

Users who are viewing this thread