Forza 3 announced, drag race mode confirmed

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I really doubt that they'll alienate their fanbase by making Forza into an arcade racer.

The whole appeal of Forza was that the car didn't feel like a friggin sled on ice like in NFS. Part 1 had drag racing and Part 2 let you drift if your car was set up right and both games had realistic physics. I can see the drifting mode being a Formula D kinda thing and the Drag mode is just an excuse to include Fox Body Mustangs :p

The more variety the better!

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
lol please. Forza2 was 10x the game GT4 was. Have fun on waiting for GT5.

I'm going to have to agree with whom you just quoted. Does the game look good? Yes. Does it look to be the best racing game out there (like the person said yesterday at E3)? No. For as much as he hyped the game before running the trailer, I was expecting more.

Hell, I'm happy still playing PGR4 that only cost $10.00 brand new.

5point0guy

Established Member
Can't wait, I still play Forza 2 whenever I can and it never gets old. Who wants to bet the cover car will be the GT-R?

03SVTKB

Established Member
SICK!! Love those racing games. Forza is deff one of the best ones out there.
I always wished they had a dyno mode! Thought it would be pretty fun

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Some games sure but I dunno about Fallout 3. I've played it on both my brothers 360 and on my PS3 and they look pretty close to the same. COD: WAW is an amazing game on both systems, too. I think what the "problem" is that companies make the game on the 360 because it's easier but have issues porting it to the PS3.

Oh well...MGS4 FTMFW! I can't get enough of that game...I've played it through about 5 or 6 times now :banana:
Wait till MGS5 Rising is out. Also, its not going to be a PS3 exclusive either :beer: (BTW Im a PS3 owner :banana:)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Id rather have them take their time and come out with a game that has unmatched content instead of just a slight update from the last game. And after playing Prologue I have no problem waiting longer for the final game that will have over 100 tracks and 700 cars in the premium version. With internet connectivity a lot of games are going to be around for a lot longer instead of a new one each year thanks to DLC. The GT series is doing a large overhaul of the game so that it will last and they can just update through DLC.

Dog it all you want but everyone knows it's going to be a sick game like always. I've played Forza a lot and its a cool game in it's own right but the two are different in many aspects. As shown in Prologue they've nearly mastered the driving physics and details of each car. Its actually fun to go in there and drive a stock Z06 because it's so close to what you think it would be like. It even has the heads up desplay on the windshield.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Id rather have them take their time and come out with a game that has unmatched content instead of just a slight update from the last game. And after playing Prologue I have no problem waiting longer for the final game that will have over 100 tracks and 700 cars in the premium version. With internet connectivity a lot of games are going to be around for a lot longer instead of a new one each year thanks to DLC. The GT series is doing a large overhaul of the game so that it will last and they can just update through DLC.

Dog it all you want but everyone knows it's going to be a sick game like always. I've played Forza a lot and its a cool game in it's own right but the two are different in many aspects. As shown in Prologue they've nearly mastered the driving physics and details of each car. Its actually fun to go in there and drive a stock Z06 because it's so close to what you think it would be like. It even has the heads up desplay on the windshield.

it's not a slight update, it's an entirely new graphics engine. plus, all of the car models have been completely reworked... it is a complete overhaul.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I have no problem waiting longer for the final game that will have over 100 tracks and 700 cars in the premium version.

Theres going to be different versions with different amounts of content? Thats BS.

If that is how I understand it and it is true I guess there would be different price levels too? Ghey.

:shrug:

Blown 89

Established Member
I can't wait. This is literally the only game I play on the 360. I have probably 10 games that I have barely played or not even opened because of Forza.

Jeremey Clarksn

TOP GEAR
Established Member
If you guys are impressed with this game then you will be blown away with Gran Turismo 5. Every car will have their respective engine sound. Alot of surprises too, stay tuned.

Simulation>Arcade

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Theres going to be different versions with different amounts of content? Thats BS.

If that is how I understand it and it is true I guess there would be different price levels too? Ghey.

:shrug:

Yes, a stripped down version and a full blown version at two different price points. How is that gay? Some people don't care for the 16 different models of a Toyota Vitz so it will give you the premium cars, and any others should be downloadable at your choice.

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
Sweet I can't wait to play another racing game that I'll never finish. lol. They are fun though. I just wish they'd get away from the Supra bias and stop limiting the Vipers to what Hennessey thinks they should be lol.

Raven519

Established Member
1 wasn't great and 2 was a huge letdown, so lets see if 3 can actually do something or be another heap...

i've never considered them to be true simulation games, with no incar or weather how can it be a simulation? i'll buy this, but like the others i;ll beat them quickly and throw them on the shelf, they get boring real fast and are wayyyy to easy.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
If you guys are impressed with this game then you will be blown away with Gran Turismo 5. Every car will have their respective engine sound. Alot of surprises too, stay tuned.

Simulation>Arcade

GT4 had some of the worst engine sounds I've ever heard. The sounds in GT5 would have to be completely overhauled (which I'm sure they will be) for me to be impressed.

Forza's cars sound fantastic.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
GT4 had some of the worst engine sounds I've ever heard. The sounds in GT5 would have to be completely overhauled (which I'm sure they will be) for me to be impressed.

In Prologue they are pretty spot on but you dont get the option of throwing exhaust on and hearing the cars opened up so the sounds are sort of reserved just like they are from the factory.

Raven519

Established Member

uhhhh...not really...they really start to sound like crap when you mod them...sounds nothing like they should...no game on either system has actually managed to get car sounds correct.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
In Prologue they are pretty spot on but you dont get the option of throwing exhaust on and hearing the cars opened up so the sounds are sort of reserved just like they are from the factory.

Cool, I gotta go watch some trailers. Honestly, if I had a PS3 I would definitely buy GT5. My friend let me borrow GT4 for the PS2 and aside from some of the engine sounds, its a really good game. I like the different types of tracks and weather conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread