Forza 3 announced, drag race mode confirmed

LOLasaurus

Established Member
:lol:

have you ever played a forza game?? there is nothing arcade about it... it is a true racing simulation.

fm1 and 2 were for sure. But they are on a slippery slope with the addition of drift and speedster modes. Hopefully it stays true to its sim roots, but it kinda looks like they are going a bit arcade mode on us

SVT_4_me

Established Member
fm1 and 2 were for sure. But they are on a slippery slope with the addition of drift and speedster modes. Hopefully it stays true to its sim roots, but it kinda looks like they are going a bit arcade mode on us

i can't see them going away from the simulation aspect of the game. the trailer is just to showcase the graphics...

if they do i will be pissed.

LOLasaurus

Established Member
i can't see them going away from the simulation aspect of the game. the trailer is just to showcase the graphics...

if they do i will be pissed.

:beer:im with ya

its just speculation, the 360 already has a crap load of arcade racers so it wouldn't make sense for FM3 to try to get in on this market. But from what ive read/seen it really reminds me of the need for speed underground games

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Meh sounds ok I guess. Probably play it at a friends house or something. Both games (Forza and GT series) just get as boring now, only difference that I see is they upped the list of the cars and graphics. Handling and all the crap is most likely a bit more tweaked but its still a game, how much more realistic can you actually make it? I probably had the most fun in GT3 than in any racing game series but that was when it first came out.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
so does 360 but atleast i can give it props when needed :shrug:

i'm mostly just bitter towards PS3 because I was a HUGE gran turismo fan back in the day and was really pumped about GT5 coming out and now they're just dicking us around so I converted to xbox. Plus I've played PS3 many a time at my buddies houses and I'm really not impressed with it.:shrug:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i'm mostly just bitter towards PS3 because I was a HUGE gran turismo fan back in the day and was really pumped about GT5 coming out and now they're just dicking us around so I converted to xbox. Plus I've played PS3 many a time at my buddies houses and I'm really not impressed with it.:shrug:

I have to agree on that one, it pisses me off about gran turismo and the waiting for it. The prologue was good but damn whens the game coming out!?!?!?!

I played a few 360's, i grew up playing playstation so of course I got so comfortable with it that when I went to play the 360 it felt really akward but i have to admit, some games i played on it do look better than ps3 but others i can say the same about looking better on ps3 compared to 360. I wouldnt mind a 360 for certain games like Forza

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I have to agree on that one, it pisses me off about gran turismo and the waiting for it. The prologue was good but damn whens the game coming out!?!?!?!

I played a few 360's, i grew up playing playstation so of course I got so comfortable with it that when I went to play the 360 it felt really akward but i have to admit, some games i played on it do look better than ps3 but others i can say the same about looking better on ps3 compared to 360. I wouldnt mind a 360 for certain games like Forza

Yea not to keep bashing PS3 but I agree about certain games looking better on the 360. For example me and my buddy both bought 'Skate' at the same time last year, he got it for PS3 and I got it on 360 and when I played it on PS3 I though there was something wrong with his system or the disk because it looked kind of glitchy and not smooth. I went home and played it on 360 and it looked so much better. Same with Fallout 3. I played it on his PS3 after playing it on my 360 and once again I made him show me the disk to make sure it wasn't scratched or something because it looked so much worse. I play COD:WAW at his house on PS3 all the time and it looks mint though so clearly its just certain games.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Yea not to keep bashing PS3 but I agree about certain games looking better on the 360. For example me and my buddy both bought 'Skate' at the same time last year, he got it for PS3 and I got it on 360 and when I played it on PS3 I though there was something wrong with his system or the disk because it looked kind of glitchy and not smooth. I went home and played it on 360 and it looked so much better. Same with Fallout 3. I played it on his PS3 after playing it on my 360 and once again I made him show me the disk to make sure it wasn't scratched or something because it looked so much worse. I play COD:WAW at his house on PS3 all the time and it looks mint though so clearly its just certain games.
Its the developers actually. It looks like most of the time they do half assed-jobs on the PS3. Both COD games (4th and 5th) look pretty much identical and run the same. Most of the time though the games on the 360 looks darker than on the PS3 but its nothing big. Here is a website where they do huge comparisons, pretty cool how they do it. :beer: Lens of Truth » Lens of Truth

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Must....Fight...Urge...For....360...Loyal...PS3...Owner...

"Come with me my son. Come over to the Dark Side. You will be much for the better with a 360. "

darth-vader.jpg

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Its the developers actually. It looks like most of the time they do half assed-jobs on the PS3. Both COD games (4th and 5th) look pretty much identical and run the same. Most of the time though the games on the 360 looks darker than on the PS3 but its nothing big. Here is a website where they do huge comparisons, pretty cool how they do it. :beer: Lens of Truth » Lens of Truth

Good info in that link. I knew it wasn't just my imagination that most games look better on 360.

LSUstang05

Established Member

Some games sure but I dunno about Fallout 3. I've played it on both my brothers 360 and on my PS3 and they look pretty close to the same. COD: WAW is an amazing game on both systems, too. I think what the "problem" is that companies make the game on the 360 because it's easier but have issues porting it to the PS3.

Oh well...MGS4 FTMFW! I can't get enough of that game...I've played it through about 5 or 6 times now :banana:

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Cant wait, I think GT5 will lose a lot of fans because of the long wait to Forza 3. I for one am excited and cant wait to get my hands on F3

Users who are viewing this thread