Fore Precision Works IRS Differential Cover Update

562cobra

Hlistr_07RR ftl
Established Member
don't know where I heard this, but can you get differential temperatures to the cockpit?

if so, what is needed?

562cobra

Hlistr_07RR ftl
Established Member
so it is possible then. I think this will help tremendously for those who track their IRS equipped Mustangs.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
IMG_7679.jpg

O RING included

IMG_7685.jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
absolutely beautiful

stacy can you elaborate at all about the decision to not baffle the vent (like on the stock cover) and to add an extra long vent tube?

vertigyn

Established Member
At this point in time I don't use a differential cooler. Does the cover come with plugs for the holes that I won't be using if I purchase this cover?

keith89

Established Member
At this point in time I don't use a differential cooler. Does the cover come with plugs for the holes that I won't be using if I purchase this cover?

No plugs are not included. The instructions tell you what size the holes are so you can source some plugs.

03killacobra

Banned
5 holes total. sender, cooler in/out, fill, drain. I've had the cover for almost 2 months now and still no overflow tank to catch the diff fluid fluid that gets sprayed all over your bumper and deck lid! i don't drive the car everyday but almost everytime i take it out it happens. And with the MM mount machining and the cover hitting the subframe cause of the MM mount, What a PiTA. Still a stout piece, and i am no longer worried about blowing the cover apart on 5K launches!

steve5575

Established Member
I have the MM alum diff mount. With this be a problem with this Fore cover? My cobra is a daily driver and don't want any problems later.

waltd20012002

Established Member
5 holes total. sender, cooler in/out, fill, drain. I've had the cover for almost 2 months now and still no overflow tank to catch the diff fluid fluid that gets sprayed all over your bumper and deck lid! i don't drive the car everyday but almost everytime i take it out it happens. And with the MM mount machining and the cover hitting the subframe cause of the MM mount, What a PiTA. Still a stout piece, and i am no longer worried about blowing the cover apart on 5K launches!

thats interesting... is anyone else experiencing this oil overflow/splatter problem? i'm in between on the Fore & LPW covers decision right now. i've got a small leak and will be replacing the cover to help with that but if its just gonna blow oil out of the vent line then the point is "mooked".. any input?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
thats interesting... is anyone else experiencing this oil overflow/splatter problem? i'm in between on the Fore & LPW covers decision right now.

i am right there with you...

obviously the fore piece is superior in many ways... billet, o-ring, ports. but the mm problem and the vent problem have me shying away. the money isn't really an issue - i spoil my baby :burnout:

as long as the differential is secured very well with front/rear solid or delrin bushings, the potential for cracking the cover is pretty much gone, so the lpw peice or even the stock cover would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread