Fore fuel system install

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you tee off the output wire from the fpdm then the pumps will prime and not continue to stay running with the key on. Im assuming you did the input into the fpdm.

yep,

also, on the comment on quietness.

I am still amazed at how quiet the 465's are compared to the 342. You really don't even know there is an aftermarket system in the car.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I spliced into the yellow/grey wire.

If you tee off the output wire from the fpdm then the pumps will prime and not continue to stay running with the key on. Im assuming you did the input into the fpdm.

Hmm, I just went off the instructions on 04sleeper's thread.

I see the yellow/grey one right next to the purple/yellow wire I used..aside from the pumps not shutting off when the key is on, is there any negative effects to using the purple/yellow wire?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Hmm, I just went off the instructions on 04sleeper's thread.

I see the yellow/grey one right next to the purple/yellow wire I used..aside from the pumps not shutting off when the key is on, is there any negative effects to using the purple/yellow wire?

I've heard that it helps using the yellow/grey to control voltage feedback since you are using the FPDM still.

But who knows.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Interesting. I'll switch over to the yellow/grey wire tonight. The fore regulator is working perfectly and maintaining 58psi in all conditions.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Interesting. I'll switch over to the yellow/grey wire tonight. The fore regulator is working perfectly and maintaining 58psi in all conditions.

I agree. The fore regulator works perfect. I have mine preset at 55psi and it maintains consistent pressure.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
What necessitates your need for a fuel system Blazer?? Whatcha got under that hood?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Still a cool car though and it's fun reading about other people's adventures

cb900f

Established Member
I spliced into the yellow/grey wire.

I finished the install last night, testing the system with a 12v source everything is great. I tied into the yellow/grey wire and nothing. :-/

I didn't load my new tune yet. Will my TSS tune fix this, or did I get the wrong yellow/grey wire? I probed it for voltage, and I didn't get any.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I had to use purple with grey stripe(I think grey at least) for mine to work. 2013 Mustang GT

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
The yellow and grey wire will not have power until you crank the vehicle over. It is the output wire from the fpdm to the fuel pump.

That is the wire you want to use since it is exactly what the stock fuel pump would be seeing.

The purple wire will run the pumps all the time and not just prime it.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I tried the yellow/grey wire but it wouldn't work for me. I ended up having to use the purple/grey.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I set up the tune for the fuel system. Only thing I did was turn off the check for the fuel pump which you have to do, otherwise it throws a wrench light.

I tried the way you said but it didn't work for whatever reason. Car works just fine using the purple wire though so I'm not worried about it.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Thats strange. I have the wiring diagram for my 2012 and a 2013 in front of me and it is exactly the same.

As long long as it works for you thats all that matters. I did not want my fuel pump running if I had the key just on.

Users who are viewing this thread