Fore fuel system install

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Started working on this tonight, hope to wrap it up tomorrow. It's the Fore Innovations Level 4 full return system purchased from Team Beefcake Racing. -10 up and -8 back, recirculating thru the rails, not deadheaded.

A few of the pieces- pump module with dual DCSS 465's

First time playing with PTFE hose instead of regular rubber AN fittings, here's what they look like for the uninitiated.

This is essentially a fancy relay box.. think I'll just leave both pumps on all the time but you can run one constantly and bring the other in with a Hobbs switch if you like.

Starting the layout, had to pull the 2.9L out of the way to swap the rails. Running feed in the back and return off the front through the 180 degree fittings, looks like at least one 180 is necessary to clear the passenger heater hose fitting.

I still need to figure out exactly where to put the -10 to -8 Y-block, the PTFE hose seems pretty accomodating about relatively tight bends, back of the driver's rail will work like this or maybe a few other ways. The kit comes with straight fittings, 90's and 2 180's but no 45's. Back of the passenger rail will be fine with a straight fitting, time will tell tomorrow what the car wants. :D

The regulator will go in the usual spot on the inner fender just behind the driver's strut tower. More pics later.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
sweet. thats a nice setup. do you have to retune for a return style fuel system?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
The fpdm needs to be turned off in the tune. Pretty sure you could run the stock 58 psi and not need a retune. In this case though the regulator is boost referenced so that takes some tweaking.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The fpdm needs to be turned off in the tune. Pretty sure you could run the stock 58 psi and not need a retune. In this case though the regulator is boost referenced so that takes some tweaking.

I will talk to ken when I'm ready to do it. I mainly want to get a return style system to be able to run e85 and not run out of fuel. We have e85 everywhere here.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
It's finally done. Or running, with a few tweaks left to do. The pump-relay box wiring needs to be extended and verify/ lock in all the hoses underhood. There are a bunch of them!

Hat installed

Adding a J-nut to the rail for filter mount

Basic layout

Battery connection using the Fore supplied fuse, under the battery box and through the firewall passthrough nipple by the SJB.

Y-block and regulator with vac/ boost line attached, sorry about the shadows.

FC3 control box at the front of the trunk, passenger side. The small trigger wires are a T off the main FPDM power line. The FPDM should be left intact and plugged in. The tune is adjusted to eliminate pump control feedback.

The rails sat a bit too high for my liking with the ID1000's and their short adapters. I pulled the intake manifold and lowered the rail mount bosses. The blower bolt holes were all drilled and Helicoiled, some of them started to pull threads out after 4 blower r/r's..

The system is not obnoxious at all. With both pumps running, engine off, it sounds like the floor vent on medium. Not a buzz or any type of mechanical noise. I'll have to check in tank temps to see if it's beneficial to run on a single pump out of boost.
E85 goes in tomorrow!

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Forgot to mention, if shiny hose isn't your thing TechAFX has their BlackWrap PTFE smoothbore hose and other companies may as well. It's the same hose with a braided cover over the usual stainless mesh outer liner. You have to trim the cover back a bit and fight the fittings on a little more but it looks nice.

calgarybandit

Established Member
I finished my install on the weekend. Change the gasket around the fuel hat mine did not seal right and had to replace it. Besides that beautiful pieces Fore makes we pulled all the factory lines out and ran the fuel system in the same place.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
My gasket is good so far. Exact same routing huh? I had no -8 left but about 3 feet of -10 spare.

calgarybandit

Established Member
Exact same routing huh?

We ripped all the stock lines out under the drivers side door where the plastic cover is we placed the fuel filter there, the FC3 controller drivers side panel in the trunk, fuel regulator beside the CAI on the wheel well and the fuseblock on the firewall beside the battery. Right now my PSI is set at 58 what are you setting yours at?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Hate to bump an old thread but I have the stage 2 setup going in the car right now. Did you use the billet mount for the fuel filter to connect to that j clip?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Hate to bump an old thread but I have the stage 2 setup going in the car right now. Did you use the billet mount for the fuel filter to connect to that j clip?

Yep, the billet mount has two holes and I'm only using the upper one. The bottom leg of it barely hangs below the frame rail.

I forgot about this thread.. it has been a great system with over 20,000 trouble free miles so far.

cb900f

Established Member
Yep, the billet mount has two holes and I'm only using the upper one. The bottom leg of it barely hangs below the frame rail.

I forgot about this thread.. it has been a great system with over 20,000 trouble free miles so far.

2nd old bump. Sorry.

With the fore system, do you have any priming issues? I've got a buddy with a C6 and his fore system has to be primed. (3 bumps to the starter)

About to pull the trigger on a fuel system with E85.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
2nd old bump. Sorry.

With the fore system, do you have any priming issues? I've got a buddy with a C6 and his fore system has to be primed. (3 bumps to the starter)

we have never had any issues with having to prime the system, other than maybe having the key on for a 2nd or 2 before cranking

let me know if you need help with the fore setup

beef

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
2nd old bump. Sorry.

I have ZERO issues with priming with my FORE E85 setup.

The system is a very nice setup and very reliable.

CPRsm

If you ran it off a keyed source you can have a problem. Needs to be hot when cranking. We use the hot wire from the fpdm to trigger relays. Otherwise the pumps can lose voltage when cranking and be a pain to start

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Finished up my Fore level 2 install last night. Wiring was a breeze with the FC3 controller. It's a little expensive but considering it was my first fuel system install, it was really easy. Everything in the kit is top notch and amazing quality. It's a shame that 99.9% of it will be hidden. The only visible part of the install is the crossover hose and the return hose going to the regulator.

My car fired right up and ran perfectly with the fuel system. No issues at all. I turned it off and on about a half dozen times and had no start-up issues. The pump(s) are quiet and the only difference I noticed was that they stay running when the key is on unlike the factory system that primes the pumps and turns them off after a few seconds.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Finished up my Fore level 2 install last night. Wiring was a breeze with the FC3 controller. It's a little expensive but considering it was my first fuel system install, it was really easy. Everything in the kit is top notch and amazing quality. It's a shame that 99.9% of it will be hidden. The only visible part of the install is the crossover hose and the return hose going to the regulator.

My car fired right up and ran perfectly with the fuel system. No issues at all. I turned it off and on about a half dozen times and had no start-up issues. The pump(s) are quiet and the only difference I noticed was that they stay running when the key is on unlike the factory system that primes the pumps and turns them off after a few seconds.

lol, your right, all that sexiness is hidden. Def top notch stuff.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

If you tee off the output wire from the fpdm then the pumps will prime and not continue to stay running with the key on. Im assuming you did the input into the fpdm.

Users who are viewing this thread