Fords that were never put into production.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
2000 Ford Expedition Thunder

The supercharged 5.4 liter is rated at 360 hp, but gas pedal impressions offer you a feeling of much more. Passenger reaction says it all. Whoooaaaaa is the usual non-expletive-laced response. While it feels like a rocketship, the real numbers are a lot more down to earth. Thunder wraps up the quarter mile in 14.1 seconds at just under 100 mph. That was pretty impressive, even for a sport sedan in 2000.

IMG_3113.JPG
IMG_3115.JPG

Ford Ranger Thunderbolt

In place of the stock 2.5-liter I-4 engine rests a supercharged 5.4-liter V-8 transplanted from a 2002 SVT F-150 Lightning. This two-valve SOHC pumps out 380 horsepower at 4750 rpm and is backed by a 4R100 four-speed automatic transmission.

thunderbolt.jpg

Ford Mustang Boss 351 V10

Knowing it was destined for a hard life of trying to convince management of its merits, the V-10 was backed up with a T56 six-speed and a 9-inch rearend (currently outfitted with 3.82 gears). As with so many others, these were pieces the crew was able to scavenge off the shelves of the Powertrain Research & Advanced Engines garage. A bit more calibration fiddling made it pleasantly driveable, and they eventually rumbled over to the Dynojet at Livernois Engineering to see what kind of power their little 10-pot dictator wielded. The project immediately proved its worth with 426 hp at 6,500 rpm and a nice, even 400 lb-ft of torque at 5,200.

boss3512.jpg

boss3513.jpg
boss351.jpg

Here is a start. Let's what other Ford were never put into production.

Attachments

• thunderbolt2.jpg
    thunderbolt2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 369

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
None of these types of threads is complete without mentioning the supervan.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
2000 Ford Expedition Thunder

The supercharged 5.4 liter is rated at 360 hp, but gas pedal impressions offer you a feeling of much more. Passenger reaction says it all. Whoooaaaaa is the usual non-expletive-laced response. While it feels like a rocketship, the real numbers are a lot more down to earth. Thunder wraps up the quarter mile in 14.1 seconds at just under 100 mph. That was pretty impressive, even for a sport sedan in 2000.

View attachment 648936 View attachment 648995

Ford Ranger Thunderbolt

In place of the stock 2.5-liter I-4 engine rests a supercharged 5.4-liter V-8 transplanted from a 2002 SVT F-150 Lightning. This two-valve SOHC pumps out 380 horsepower at 4750 rpm and is backed by a 4R100 four-speed automatic transmission.

View attachment 652155

Ford Mustang Boss 351 V10

Knowing it was destined for a hard life of trying to convince management of its merits, the V-10 was backed up with a T56 six-speed and a 9-inch rearend (currently outfitted with 3.82 gears). As with so many others, these were pieces the crew was able to scavenge off the shelves of the Powertrain Research & Advanced Engines garage. A bit more calibration fiddling made it pleasantly driveable, and they eventually rumbled over to the Dynojet at Livernois Engineering to see what kind of power their little 10-pot dictator wielded. The project immediately proved its worth with 426 hp at 6,500 rpm and a nice, even 400 lb-ft of torque at 5,200.

View attachment 653166
View attachment 653350 View attachment 653384

Here is a start. Let's what other Ford were never put into production.

You just made my day! :D

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Whats cool is ive seen almost all these cars in person over the years, between various car shows, displays, events, etc.

Let's not forget the orange and black shinoda boss back in 1994

cj428mach

Established Member
Wasn't there a pinkish Mustang built around the same time as the superstallion that was NA. I thought I remember a car show or something where they were testing it and the superstallion.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Wasn't there a pinkish Mustang built around the same time as the superstallion that was NA. I thought I remember a car show or something where they were testing it and the superstallion.

I know what you are talking about but I can't remember the details either. One of the magazines did a double feature with the the two cars. The Super Stallion was the more impressive build though.

cj428mach

Established Member
I know what you are talking about but I can't remember the details either. One of the magazines did a double feature with the the two cars. The Super Stallion was the more impressive build though.

The superstallion might have been more impressive but at the time I think the pink one seemed like the more likely car to get built. I didn't think a supercharged stang would happen at the time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OMG, that V10 Mustang though...
I remember that one in Motor Trend, I believe. I remember being mesmerized as I read through the article. A Boss 351 was just what I needed back then. Unfortunately, it made the "never produced" list. :(

Users who are viewing this thread