Ford taurus ((( sho))) info

Brizzal84

Established Member
The new Ford Taurus SHO is shaping up to be a sleeper.

Spy shooters have caught what appears to be the performance version of the new Ford flagship--and it looks almost exactly the same as the regular car.

There’s a SHO badge on the back--which is stickered over--and uh, nothing else. No scoops, vents or other obvious sheetmetal dressings. Take a look for yourself and compare it with the 2010 production car unveiled in Detroit.

It looks mild, but the performance Taurus is shaping up to be a stoplight terror, with around 350 horsepower from a twin-turbo EcoBoost V6--making it more than competitive with V8 powerplants in, say, the Pontiac G8 and Dodge Charger.

The Chicago show is looking to have fewer debuts than in previous years. But the expected arrival of the Taurus SHO will inject some pizzazz. A picture of The 2010 Taurus shown in Detroit.Roger Hart The 2010 Taurus shown in Detroit.

Ford wants the new the new Taurus to be more of an aspirational car instead of the darling of rental fleets. We’d say a stealthy performance sedan will help reach that goal.

To read more visit the AutoWeek New car news, road tests, blogs, pix and expert insight section.

If you want to see pic's they are at autoweek.com.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
God i miss the Chicago Auto Show...i didnt even bother going to the DC show again. Went one year and it was a huge Cluster F. I'll never go again.

Thrust

Established Member
Looks like ford has a winner! The new Taurus is very nice, The SHO even more so.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Really? No cosmetic changes!?

The car in the photos is probably still a mule. We're not used to Ford letting us down with the styling of their performance vehicles. Since this is one of the most requested and anticipated I don't see them starting now.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I'm kinda lazy right now. Anyone want to post up a link for me to click... ? :shrug:

My first car was a teal green 93 SHO so I would love to see the new set-up. :-D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm kinda lazy right now. Anyone want to post up a link for me to click... ? :shrug:

My first car was a teal green 93 SHO so I would love to see the new set-up. :-D

I have to agree Kevin. The regular sedan should be a clear winner in the marketplace, unless Ford gets stupid. Which I don't expect. The SHO photos to date don't thrill me much, but the motor does. I am hoping that the SHO will be a nice blend of upgraded performance, tasteful exterior styling cues, AWD, and a stylish interior with luxury upgrades. I guess I'm looking for this to be the perfect daily driver. LOL! I will definitely be keeping my eye on this one. Because I'll be looking for a car in the Fall of this year. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread