Ford releasing a supercar Mustang Thursday 17th

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Then you don't get 98% of the things in this car. We aren't there yet, but vehicles like this help us get there eventually. Packaging will likely guarantee we never see full scale production of this type of suspension, but the ASV dampers will eventually be offered, and it may be that the next Mustang is designed with a transaxle in mind... if they keep ice as the power plant.

Alex,

Things I don't want for $500 please.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Wow, is the butt hurt ever strong in here.

The price...But look at the auction prices on any decent high-performance sports car and this is right in there and a lot less against some. The EV ban dip-shittery is distorting things badly.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking of EV's, the Mustang Mach-E is more Ford built than their new flagship Mustang...bit weird.

Bensin

Established Member
Ok correction, The new Multimatic Mustang GTD is pretty neat.
Take on Porsche and Aston by out source the build? That some real underdog shit.

The vibe in the video? Non Mustang crowd just passing by on to the next (whatever) one.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, is the butt hurt ever strong in here.

Ford can't make it's regular cars with tight and consistent body panel fits and exceptional exterior/interior build quality, and shite that doesn't randomly fall off. But now they want to sell super cars? And people want to buy this Ford super car shite quality?

At least my wife's BMW build quality is exceptional (even if the 100K mile reliability is suspect).

Ford should leave supercars to companies and craftsman that can make actual super cars. Maybe they should focus their investments on getting the basics of their core business right.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Alex,

Things I don't want for $500 please.

Then the car isn't for you! How hard is that to understand? The car isn't even for me because I'll likely never afford one but I still enjoy it for what it is. It's cool to see what they can push the platform to. What does it accomplish for people to just nonstop bitch about something that doesn't concern them?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Guys guys, I'm not hating on the car. I'm hating on the marketing and the big hype piece when its just another race car. Might as well be a new F1 or Nascar.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Then the car isn't for you! How hard is that to understand? The car isn't even for me because I'll likely never afford one but I still enjoy it for what it is. It's cool to see what they can push the platform to. What does it accomplish for people to just nonstop bitch about something that doesn't concern them?
What platform is that? It might as well be a tube chassis build.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Technically it’s not for 99.9999% of people. Thanks Ford.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Guys guys, I'm not hating on the car. I'm hating on the marketing and the big hype piece when its just another race car. Might as well be a new F1 or Nascar.

You're comparing this car to a $12-15mil F1 car? lol

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
What platform is that? It might as well be a tube chassis build.

It comes off Ford's assembly line so it's an S650 chassis.

Technically it’s not for 99.9999% of people. Thanks Ford.

And neither is the GT40/FGT. The GT40 and the FGT were never built for 99.9% of people so did Ford **** up by even creating the original GT40? I wasn't aware companies had an obligation to build products that absolutely everyone could attain.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It comes off Ford's assembly line so it's an S650 chassis.

And neither is the GT40/FGT. The GT40 and the FGT were never built for 99.9% of people so did Ford **** up by even creating the original GT40? I wasn't aware companies had an obligation to build products that absolutely everyone could attain.

Obtain*

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford can't make it's regular cars with tight and consistent body panel fits and exceptional exterior/interior build quality, and shite that doesn't randomly fall off. But now they want to sell super cars? And people want to buy this Ford super car shite quality?

At least my wife's BMW build quality is exceptional (even if the 100K mile reliability is suspect).

Ford should leave supercars to companies and craftsman that can make actual super cars. Maybe they should focus their investments on getting the basics of their core business right.

Ever actually see the build quality of a McLaren or GTR? Meh

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Push the Platform? What platform. It's a one off race car.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Push the Platform? What platform. It's a one off race car.

It's an S650 pulled off the assembly line. It's just like every other Ford Performance vehicle, but with a greater level of changes than anything previous to it. Did they mention somewhere in the release that this has a space frame or a completely new chassis? No, they didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread