Ford Racing Sparco Steering Wheel Installed

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Just installed this a couple days ago and wanted to share. I love it.

Shorty hub, & NRG carbon fiber quick release.

I have the two-button horn kit, but haven't installed it yet. Haven't looked into the wiring.

1DB75A97-F513-4C20-85D6-E2AFD75C5F67_zpsnubfkxd2.jpg

CDF9F425-5AA5-4DD9-AC5A-57BC5627F9E9_zpsegfqdeew.jpg

B4E2AFAC-3AFE-4525-B727-FC4B1679521E_zpstkz4poxh.jpg

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Very Nice! I like that Look!!!

Thanks bud! I've been waiting to do this for a long time. The overall install was incredibly easy & quick. Only thing I was worried about was the airbag going off in my face lol.

Well damn, how much did that set you back?

I got it for a steal....let's just say that. If you do some shopping, you could piece it together for around ~$500. Less if you get some vendor hook ups, and a lot more if you just buy everything at list.

Cause racecar.... I dig it

Damn straight!

Update: I tried to figure out how to wire the horn buttons, but they didn't come with instructions and I'm no electrical genius. :??:

I also want to figure out how to turn off the airbag light now that there isn't one. Maybe my tuner can turn that off, or using a resistor, I don't know. I need an electrician

I also removed the OEM wheel buttons from the stock steering wheel. I have a little idea that may or may not work.

39635B6D-B1B2-4D78-90C2-354202B31602_zpsccjpqy3h.jpg

Factory wiring harness and buttons

525B9CF6-8504-413F-B1D8-BE1A7AA24B24_zps68v9hwew.jpg

Horn bracket mock up. Not sure yet if it goes here or in front of the quick release. Would be an awesome place for a nitrous button though. :D

6F90C5E5-6541-4731-BEE8-23EB7D433BDC_zpsv2odwlta.jpg

Was thinking of mounting the wheel buttons on the bracket at first, but it would seem tacky.

Zemedici

Established Member
looks good! I'd leave the buttons off if you could, or maybe do them underneath the 3 o clock and 9 o clock arms of the wheel?

VJM_

Established Member
Sorry for reviving an old topic here but I wonder if it would be possible to "redneck" those steering wheel controls somewhere into the dash. Maybe below the light control module somehow... I'd love this steering wheel, but losing that navigation button set for track apps and such would drive me nuts lol.

Posted via Topify on Android

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Sorry for reviving an old topic here but I wonder if it would be possible to "redneck" those steering wheel controls somewhere into the dash. Maybe below the light control module somehow... I'd love this steering wheel, but losing that navigation button set for track apps and such would drive me nuts lol.

OP that is very nice! A good custom audio shop will be able to custom make a bracket out of fiberglass or carbon to hold the buttons on the steering wheel.

FIVEHOE

Established Member

not worth it IMO, plus it will more than likely look like shit and will kill resale value if you ever go to sell the car later down the road.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Update:

I finally got off my a** and figured out how to wire the horn buttons. Incredibly easy if you know how the horn works, I feel dumb now not knowing beforehand haha.

I originally installed them on the top of the steering wheel but after a while I decided to put them on the bottom like zemedici was curious about. Feels more natural this way and they are also out of impeding my view of the speedo/tach.

07A916C4-0E00-4ACF-AC3E-28DBE1CD2E08_zpsbgtmi0rb.jpg

487193F9-0626-4E65-8EED-A48C667FC505_zpsnhm3audw.jpg

Yeah I made thread about that, was looking into it but decided that it wasn't worth it. I didn't have a way to make it a clean install, deff don't want a hacked up interior.

Last edited:

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
From the many fast and furious movies I've seen... You are using those buttons all wrong! Those are for the nitrous, not a horn

Looks good! I would like this steering wheel but not crazy about losing the air bag on a street car

uwood

Established Member
Curious how you are resetting the oil change indicator and other functions without the buttons. I'd love to do something like this, but I just cant see loosing all functionality.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Curious how you are resetting the oil change indicator and other functions without the buttons. I'd love to do something like this, but I just cant see loosing all functionality.

I still have the full wiring harness from the stock steering wheel tucked in the hub. I keep the buttons in my center console so when I need to reset the oil indicator I just take the wheel off via quick release, undo the bolts to the hub, and snap the d-pad back into the harness. Only takes me a few minutes to do, every 5k miles.

The other functionalities however, aren't much of a concern to me as I originally thought they were going to be. I didn't want to lose those features either, but the only thing I really lost is cruise control. There's a way to do everything else.

Zemedici

Established Member
Update:

I finally got off my a** and figured out how to wire the horn buttons. Incredibly easy if you know how the horn works, I feel dumb now not knowing beforehand haha.

I originally installed them on the top of the steering wheel but after a while I decided to put them on the bottom like zemedici was curious about. Feels more natural this way and they are also out of impeding my view of the speedo/tach.

07A916C4-0E00-4ACF-AC3E-28DBE1CD2E08_zpsbgtmi0rb.jpg

487193F9-0626-4E65-8EED-A48C667FC505_zpsnhm3audw.jpg

Yeah I made thread about that, was looking into it but decided that it wasn't worth it. I didn't have a way to make it a clean install, deff don't want a hacked up interior.

Don't know why I'm just seeing this, but it looks good :beer:

Too soon junior......HONK!!!!!!

I just about spit out my coffee hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread