Ford Racing Sparco Steering Wheel Installed

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I would do something like this if it had a horn on it.

I have the horns wired up to the horn/nitrous buttons.

I just realized I would hate losing my cruise control.

Eh, it's not so bad. I thought the same thing but I don't take the car out of town much so there's no dire need. That's what a daily is for ;)

Why did you not use the Sparco hub?

Because I opted for the NRG carbon fiber quick release and it pairs with the NRG hub.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
whooa! that is bad ass! great mod man....what material is the wheel?? looks like a microfiber type idk

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
whooa! that is bad ass! great mod man....what material is the wheel?? looks like a microfiber type idk

Thanks bud! It's suede.

Hello

I recently installed the same wheel.
Did you solve the problem with the airbag light?

No I haven't done anything about it yet, doesn't really bother me anymore tbh. I'm pretty positive that a resistor is all that's needed to trick it into thinking the airbag is plugged in.

And that's awesome bud! Post up a picture, let's see that bad boy!

80KM2E

Established Member
i have a dying question. do you lose advancetrac and all traction control settings after putting this sexy thing on??

80KM2E

Established Member
Ah, I know that. But I heard somewhere that AdvanceTrac wont work because of some steering spring or something you lose when installing an offroad wheel such as this sparco x ford racing.

KushBandit

Established Member
That wheel looks awesome, definitely gives the "racecar" vibe. I'd do it in a heart beat but I want the airbag as this is my daily driver.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
This is what I was curious about from another forum..

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98474

"SWA (Steering Wheel Angle) sensor is off the bottom of the clock spring so Advance Trac fails because it does not see that signal."

Hmm... I can't remember exactly but I don't recall seeing a sensor on the stock wheel assembly. I don't have any AdvanceTrac faults showing up so if it is faulting, I don't see it.

However, the VMP blower always lights up the tires even before the wheel was installed, but sometimes I feel it kicking in during a hard turn.

David Guel

Hey bud im about to pull the trigger on this setup, i was just curious about the horn setup. Is it pretty simple to wire?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Hey bud im about to pull the trigger on this setup, i was just curious about the horn setup. Is it pretty simple to wire?

Very simple to wire if you retain the wiring harness from the stock wheel and tuck it behind the hub like I did.

Any ideal how much weight this saves? Seems like a lot of money for just cosmetics...

Not sure, maybe 10lbs? I never got around to weighing everything when I installed the wheel. The airbag itself was pretty heavy and the new wheel is half the weight of the stock wheel without the airbag. Just a rough estimate. Was very worthwhile to me.

80KM2E

Established Member
I;m still confused about the traciton control. I've looked into this and everyone tells me the clock spring isn't retained therefor the Traction control / advance trac wont work. Also I looked at the NRG short hub and people on Amazon said it does not fit on 11-14

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I;m still confused about the traciton control. I've looked into this and everyone tells me the clock spring isn't retained therefor the Traction control / advance trac wont work. Also I looked at the NRG short hub and people on Amazon said it does not fit on 11-14

Not sure that is true. The car is not throwing any advance trac/Traction control codes and I can turn it on and off as I please. It works for me. That's all I know lol. Only thing I still need to do is wire in a resistor for the airbag light.

Users who are viewing this thread