Ford Racing Leather Recaros now out!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
A moment of silence please...

RemovedFordLeatherRecarolisting-1.jpg

What many hoped would finally be a leather Recaro offering from FRPP, looks to be no more. The ad stated that the seats would be leather under "Part Details" but didn't say it explicitly in the tech notes breakdown. But for whatever reason, Ford Racing uploaded a new ad some time today. It is very similar to the listing that has been in place for a year or so. And while both should be offered as a pair of seats, I have enhanced the verbiage that served up some confusion earlier in this thread...

Recarosidebyside1-1.jpg

Both seats are listed in the current online FRPP catalog - one in the "new parts" section and the other is listed under "seats."

Why the $204 difference? How do they differ from each other? I'll try to find out.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There are currently two listings, the similar to '12 Boss LS ($2,995) and the similar to '13 Boss LS ($3,199).

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Saw this ad on pg43 of this months 5.0L mag.....
Looks like they will be selling these aftermarket soon!

f962f47c-6e8f-4e4b-9aa3-08fcafbbaa45.gif

EDIT: Fixed Orientation....SOrry VikingRL

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
My neck hurts from trying to read that but...

I wonder how they can sell these direct since it would compete with Ford/Ford Racing. But I sure hope so, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

87hatchy

Established Member
Saw this ad on pg43 of this months 5.0L mag.....
Looks like they will be selling these aftermarket soon!

f962f47c-6e8f-4e4b-9aa3-08fcafbbaa45.gif

Ummmm, no....It doesn't look like that at all actually. It looks like Recaro is just saying "Hey! look everyone! We offer these seats FROM THE FACTORY in Ford Mustangs." Not once do I see anything that even remotely suggests that they are selling them like that aftermarket.

BREMBO12

Established Member
M-63660005-mb m-63660005-mc

There are currently two listings, the similar to '12 Boss LS ($2,995) and the similar to '13 Boss LS ($3,199).

M-63660005-MB M-63660005-MC

B to C part change....does this address the seat wear issue? Is this a quality upgrade due to an exorbitant amount of complaints concerning seat wear? This stuff is plastered all over the net. I want a set.......but hey 2500 plus and it don't hold up :poke: I don't see folks running out buying these. These are stocking up at various warehouses across America. I am viewing 2400/pair plus 15.00 shipping for the MB listing at one particular outlet. Personally money is not an issue.....but quality for money spent sure is!

:pop:

Last edited:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
anyone done these with the stone interior? wondering how it will look with the contrasting interior accents...

dc2r

Established Member
M-63660005-MB M-63660005-MC

B to C part change....does this address the seat wear issue? Is this a quality upgrade due to an exorbitant amount of complaints concerning seat wear? This stuff is plastered all over the net. I want a set.......but hey 2500 plus and it don't hold up :poke: I don't see folks running out buying these. These are stocking up at various warehouses across America. I am viewing 2400/pair plus 15.00 shipping for the MB listing at one particular outlet. Personally money is not an issue.....but quality for money spent sure is!

:pop:

i wonder if "B" designates a 2012MY, and the "C" is 2013. back when i had to order new control arms, they did something similar with the part number from 2011 to 2012, although the parts are identical.

Surfergeek

Established Member
You can do what I did, but I got extremely lucky.

Find someone who got leather Recaros, decided they don't want them with 85 miles on the car, and swap them for your factory leather seats with a little cash going to the owner of the Recaros.

LOVE my leather Recaros!

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
You can do what I did, but I got extremely lucky.

Find someone who got leather Recaros, decided they don't want them with 85 miles on the car, and swap them for your factory leather seats with a little cash going to the owner of the Recaros.

LOVE my leather Recaros!

You will probably be the only person to ever work out a deal like this. Congrats though!

Users who are viewing this thread