Ford Racing Leather Recaros now out!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The way the guy at frpp sounded when I talked to him, even he was suprised they were out already.

I ordered a set, supposed to be here next week. I'll get pictures of them once they are in if you guys want.

Yes please. :beer:

Color me blown away.

The big question is....why wasn't the listing year backdated to include earlier S197's (crash testing?)? Or more importantly, will it be?

Surprised they backdated the Boss brace. Would love to see it happen with the Recaros, but it looks like the passenger lower cushion sensor still needs a swap at this point. Probably cheaper for them to leave it as is, although I'm sure there are quite a few 05-09 cars who would want even the cloth seats.

burke985

Established Member
Look good , dont like the ford racing logo and no way in hell id spend that kinda coin on seats.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
The price will come down, They are over priced right now. Supply and demand. I don't see Ford Racing selling a whole lot the these seats at this price. I can get Recaro's or Sparco's for less money and without a Ford Racing logo stitched on the back.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Can somebody measure thier Recaros for me....want to compare them against the A4's:

A4-L.gif

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
The price will come down, They are over priced right now. Supply and demand. I don't see Ford Racing selling a whole lot the these seats at this price. I can get Recaro's or Sparco's for less money and without a Ford Racing logo stitched on the back.

Not with air bags and harnesses you won't.

This surprised me some:

MSRP @ 3200/EA and Tousely is 2500 for a set?

They are Recaros which are made in Germany. What is so surprising.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
A big thanks to Ford Racing for making the effort here. While many would have liked to see an effort such as this some time ago, better late than never.

StangingAround said:
Makes the factory installed leather recaro's option feel like a steal at $1700.
Let's be honest here. That would be $1,700 on top of the cost of the standard seats you pay for when you buy the car but will never get if you choose the Recaro's.

Scuba-Matt said:
They are over priced right now. Supply and demand. I don't see Ford Racing selling a whole lot the these seats at this price. I can get Recaro's or Sparco's for less money and without a Ford Racing logo stitched on the back.

The finance arm of FRPP has no doubt come up with a number they felt comfortable with. The unit selling price is a component of the equation that delivered a break even point that was acceptable to Ford Racing. If they were able to forecast their variable costs accurately enough, they'll sell just the right amount - for them. And hopefully, us.

Regarding the availability and price of other Recaro or Sparco, etc, seats, of course you could find a seat for less money. But will they have been designed for use in a specific year S197 with respect to crash testing, child safety, side airbags, etc? FRPP isn't going after the generic non-rated seat market with these. There are some within FRPP that have plenty of experience with quite a few aftermarket seat offerings and know the market very well. The Ford Racing logo is advertising for sure, but also a necessity as the offering itself wouldn't exist if it wasn't differentiated from the OEM Recaro seat. Unfortunately (for us), those that count the beans at Ford Parts' division don't want to be undercut by what may seem at times to be a rival.

Hopefully, this wasn't all for naught. The listing appears to have been pulled (but the link from the previous page hasn't been killed). When everything gets ironed out I hope we have available to purchase what the good people at FRPP are trying to bring to the market.

StangingAround

Established Member
Let's be honest here. That would be $1,700 on top of the cost of the standard seats you pay for when you buy the car but will never get if you choose the Recaro's.

On top of what, those horrible things they call seats in the base? I still say these are some of the best seats offered and I'm glad I opted for them.

Surfergeek

Established Member
Interested in adding these.

Should have opted for Recaro's in my 2013 GT Premium, but alas I have the leather interior with the regular premium seats.

So, I love my seat heaters. Does anybody know if the factory seat heaters can be made to work with the standard or leather recaros? Or an aftermarket seat heater that will integrate with the factory system and that can be installed in these potential leather recaros?

Users who are viewing this thread