Ford Racing Leather Recaros now out!

jonesd

Established Member
I dont know if this is a repost or not as i havent been on the forums in a little bit. Just in case though i wanted to post up that Ford Racing now has a Leather Recaro Seat option for the Mustang. The MSRP is only 200 more over the cloth version too.

I called FRPP today to ask them about the Cloth version... had a few questions and they informed me the leather was now out.

They said it is exactly like the Shelby Recaros, side airbag and all. Only difference is the ford racing logo on the headrest.

$2550 Shipped from Tousley ford and they currently have them in stock.

If this is a repost then just ignore this :beer:

Part number m-63660005-mc

87hatchy

Established Member
I think they'd sell a lot more if it didn't have the Ford Racing logo on the seat. Just seems so tacky and ricer. Wish they just said Recaro. But whatever, I have factory recaros :)

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
M-63660005-MB.jpg

2012_ford_mustang_seat_fd_221111_717.jpg

Last edited:

flS/R

Established Member
I think they'd sell a lot more if it didn't have the Ford Racing logo on the seat. Just seems so tacky and ricer. Wish they just said Recaro. But whatever, I have factory recaros :)

this is true but not so bad that it can't be fixed with a sharpie

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'll be shocked if this is legitimate. There was no warning that this would finally become a reality. Many have been begging for some time now. And only two hundred more than the cloth versions? If this is true, FRPP has maintained one helluva poker face.

FRPP's site shows nothing of the sort. Then again, it often takes a bit for the online catalog to catch up...

F8L SN8K

Established Member
They(FRPP) have a couple items coming to the market and some already on the market that kinda flew under the radar. They are trying to continue to grow and offer more and more items.

Wikkd03

Established Member
I think they look pretty good but I would rather it just say 5.0 or something. Price is too steep for me though

69b302

Established Member
I'll be shocked if this is legitimate. There was no warning that this would finally become a reality. Many have been begging for some time now. And only two hundred more than the cloth versions? If this is true, FRPP has maintained one helluva poker face.

FRPP's site shows nothing of the sort. Then again, it often takes a bit for the online catalog to catch up...

FORD RACING RECARO LEATHER MUSTANG SEAT | Part Details for M-63660005-MC* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

Not listed in the new parts section, but they appear to be legitimate. Ford Racing logo, not an issue for me.

jonesd

Established Member

The way the guy at frpp sounded when I talked to him, even he was suprised they were out already.

I ordered a set, supposed to be here next week. I'll get pictures of them once they are in if you guys want.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Color me blown away.

The big question is....why wasn't the listing year backdated to include earlier S197's (crash testing?)? Or more importantly, will it be?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The way the guy at frpp sounded when I talked to him, even he was suprised they were out already.

I ordered a set, supposed to be here next week. I'll get pictures of them once they are in if you guys want.

Yes, we want! And weigh them before you put them in, if you don't mind.

Noticed your error? The description says they're sold as a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread