FORD MARKETING IS BEYOND A JOKE

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
ford-marketing-is-beyond-a-joke-and-nobody-knows-a-joke-more-than-me.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
I think it will be closer than you think.
A gutted demon is 4254 at 840 is 5.0hp/w.
If the 500TP is 4000 at 760 is 5.26hp/w. Damn close. How fast is the dct and how much traction can the mustang get at 760hp.

What is the HP rating of the Demon running 93 octane gas and the stock computer?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Let me put it a different way,

The a8 hellcat demon has 350ms shifts. 4 of them down the track enroute to 140mph crossing in 5th gear iirc.

That’s 1400ms or 1.4seconds of shifting.

The gt500 with listed gears and 7500rpm will cross in 4th. It’s 3rd is a 1.43 good for 117mph at 7500 and 4th is 1.1 good for 167mph at 7500.

3 shifts at <100ms means it has 1.1 seconds of in gear acceleration on the demon.

I think on slicks venom kills demons
But wait, the Demon haters were saying a tire swap no longer makes the car stock.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
But wait, the Demon haters were saying a tire swap no longer makes the car stock.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I was the guy saying it’s a tire, demon guys shouldn’t lose their shit when a ford or Chevy guy puts a tire on their stock car to be competitive.

Tires to me is a race prep. I wouldn’t show up to hotlap a car on dot3 brake fluid or stock street pads, or all season tires, and I wouldn’t show up to drag race a car street rubber short of a drag radial.

Last time I went to a drag strip trying for a good time in a fast car on anything other than a drag tire I must had been maybe 17 or so.

Obviously a daily driver is different, and I’ve been to the track on my daily just for shits and giggles. But for trying to go fast, tire is track prep.

LostM

Established Member
Same day same track the difference of a demon and a gt500 won’t be too dramatic. 760hp with a dct at 4100lbs will be fast.

Consider this, a less hp/torque Lambo aventadore with 730hp/509tq na at 4000lbs with big aero and a “auto clutch manual” runs 10.3@136 in magazine hands.

The awd obviously is a huge help for the launch, but the mph is impressive.

I think gt500’s will hit 135-136 in mine shafts, maybe even a notch below mineshaft range.

Mine shafts? Like MIR or Atco in the late fall? Oddly thats where i live and yet to see a "stock", hell, even lightly modded Demon crack 9s.. but what do i know.. (other than the few retarded locals foolish enough to buy Demons and think they're going to wreck 15x-16x mph streetcars running around here )

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Mine shafts? Like MIR or Atco in the late fall? Oddly thats where i live and yet to see a "stock", hell, even lightly modded Demon crack 9s.. but what do i know.. (other than the few retarded locals foolish enough to buy Demons and think they're going to wreck 15x-16x mph streetcars running around here )
Are you saying you have not seen a stock demon run 9 at mir or atco? Shocking, the horror.

Users who are viewing this thread