FORD MARKETING IS BEYOND A JOKE

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
My god, I thought that Twitter image was a joke until I checked and nope, it's real. What a total FAIL this launch has been. Every touch point with consumers has been a total and utter letdown. I love you guys trying to guess hard on that second number...let me tell you which number matters the most...the FIRST NUMBER...as in...

8 HUNDRED AND 40 HORSEPOWER

Venom kills Demons? I mean, has that ass-clown been fired yet? Demons are running consistently in the high 9's and Ford is about to set the world on FIRE with low 10s? HAHAHHAHAHA

Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again, stock vs stock the Demon is going to WALK this car so easily.

But here's the real marketing joke. It's not the lame launches. It's not the horrible social media reveals. The one biggest marketing failure of this car is this...

FORD MADE 2 VERSIONS, AND WILL MAKE THE ONE PEOPLE WANT HARD AS **** TO GET...

You are asking people to spend the most money ever on a Ford Mustang and they can't order how they want? Only 25% a year will be Track Packages? Same BS as GT350R's. So ****ing stupid. Every Demon is the same. All 3,300. That's how you make classic.

I think the GT500R is going to be an amazing car, but good luck getting one. More dealer markups. MORE BS waiting and ADMs. The entire wait for this car has been a total marketing joke. And people are right. The Redeye just ****ed all of their plans up.

Oh, too early to speculate what Dodge has next? Over 900 horses baby. So yeah, who's seeing who's taillights?

Last edited by a moderator:

DepWraith

Established Member
Look, Jim Owens said "Venom kills Demons". We all know that HP doesn't always equate to a faster car. But keep in mind that Owens KNEW WHAT THE DEMON WAS FOCUSED ON (drag strip) and he still said what he said. I don't care if the hp is 708 or whatever, but if it doesn't come out faster at the drag strip then Owens got caught lying or Ford got caught failing. NO WAY he was implying at a road course, or he would've picked a road course purpose car to throw shade at and not a drag strip car.

Since Ford took so long to develop a halo mustang with last generation headlights, the Redeye has had time to come out and will probably retain the HP war #1 spot (which by the way you can get at any Dodge dealership without getting raped by the dealer on a ADM).

I'm not even touching on the upcoming C8, but look for a comparable priced model to compete with the GT500 (either stock or modded but still within MSRP of the GT500).

As for the puzzle pieces, marketing wise I have to agree that it's rather lackluster and isn't what I expected for the flagship model of the world's best selling sports car.

Gotta wonder what Ford is thinking.

I'm actually more anxious to see the all electric AWD SUV Ford is working on...don't be surprised to see incredible 0-60 and 1/4 mile times from it.

blk02edge

Established Member
I don't disagree with the OP. Shit!
You dont disagree with comparing the 1/4 miles times of a limited edition drag car with literally zero exotic parts to a track focused car loaded with carbon fiber? Whats happened to you?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They amped up the LeMans effort this year intending to "go out with a bang." Good thing they didn't win or place now that a number of the cars were disqualified. The PR would have been a quagmire.

You dont disagree with comparing the 1/4 miles times of a limited edition drag car with literally zero exotic parts to a track focused car loaded with carbon fiber? Whats happened to you?

I agree with his point that the marketing effort with respect to this Twitter effort are a major failure. I have much more respect for the campaign Dodge has put forth. As to comparing the two cars, I agree with you, they are totally different animals.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree.... you don’t compare the Demon to a 500. Demon has remained true to its roots and 500 has now morphed into a working man’s super sports car. Which is not a bad thing.

Demon is the indisputable KING of the street and strip. But the 500 is the superior road course vehicle and driver’s car.

They are 2 different cars with 2 different purposes. Both awesome though.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford Motor Company isn't focused on pumping the car up, period. They aren't going to spend an unnecessary amount of money to pump up a car that is already HIGHLY anticipated, and will sell extremely quickly.

FMC has a track record of providing vehicles with an abnormally LARGE demand, and not advertising them or pumping them up before the release.

1.) The 2013 GT500 was the fastest selling sports car in the United States when it was released. It averaged 8 days on the showroom floor before selling, I don't remember which car was next, but it averaged nearly 30 days.
2.) The 2005 Ford GT was in one commercial during the Super Bowl, that was it...it's now selling for 2.5-4 times it's original MSRP.
3.) The 2017 Ford GT had people jumping out of buildings, among other highly illegal activities, to make videos to hopefully earn the right to purchase one.
4.) The 2000 Cobra R had 0 advertisements centered around it, yet the exclusivity of the vehicle sold itself.

Yes, I think FMC needs to get with the program and advertise their top tier, exciting, and 'fun' vehicles more...but I don't blame them either, why spend $XXX,XXX on an advertising campaign when you don't have to?

Hell, Dodge never advertised the Viper. The cool Pennzoil commercials came out AFTER they were done making them.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
To those saying get the GT500 for a ROAD COURSE car...huh? It's a heavy pig. The new C8 is going to destroy the GT500 around a road course. Mid engine. Lighter. And wait to the Z06 hits. Just saying. The Mustang is more confused as to its purpose than ON D BIT is when he stands in front of a toilet. The shit goes in the bowl son!

Users who are viewing this thread