FORD MARKETING IS BEYOND A JOKE

LostM

Established Member
If you think these keyboard jockeys are bad, Just wait.. in 24 hrs we get to see the coyote owners start posting how at 760 they have a better bargain with an aftermarket blower and bolt ons.. dodge will paper race dynos, camaros will be mostly quiete as they know they're beaten. Corvette owners will be 50/50, most appreciate what the 500 is/will be, the rest will also stick to keyboards with their intake and tire modded "race cars"

Us GT500 owners will have to wait until the end of the year to start posting video's of us shitting on mouthy kids.

Ive seen 1 post already today on FB. His Camaro will destroy any mustang mod for.mod lol.. was even bitching about a giy having non oem tires and trying to race for $$..

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford Motor Company isn't focused on pumping the car up, period. They aren't going to spend an unnecessary amount of money to pump up a car that is already HIGHLY anticipated, and will sell extremely quickly.

FMC has a track record of providing vehicles with an abnormally LARGE demand, and not advertising them or pumping them up before the release.

1.) The 2013 GT500 was the fastest selling sports car in the United States when it was released. It averaged 8 days on the showroom floor before selling, I don't remember which car was next, but it averaged nearly 30 days.
2.) The 2005 Ford GT was in one commercial during the Super Bowl, that was it...it's now selling for 2.5-4 times it's original MSRP.
3.) The 2017 Ford GT had people jumping out of buildings, among other highly illegal activities, to make videos to hopefully earn the right to purchase one.
4.) The 2000 Cobra R had 0 advertisements centered around it, yet the exclusivity of the vehicle sold itself.

Yes, I think FMC needs to get with the program and advertise their top tier, exciting, and 'fun' vehicles more...but I don't blame them either, why spend $XXX,XXX on an advertising campaign when you don't have to?

Hell, Dodge never advertised the Viper. The cool Pennzoil commercials came out AFTER they were done making them.

It feels like Ford is just stuck in the middle on this one - piss or get off the pot. If they're gonna advertise and build hype, then do it. Otherwise do it 13 GT500 style, walk out one day and say "hi guys, this our 662 hp gt500, get in line at your local dealer"

blk02edge

Established Member
If you think these keyboard jockeys are bad, Just wait.. in 24 hrs we get to see the coyote owners start posting how at 760 they have a better bargain with an aftermarket blower and bolt ons.. dodge will paper race dynos, camaros will be mostly quiete as they know they're beaten. Corvette owners will be 50/50, most appreciate what the 500 is/will be, the rest will also stick to keyboards with their intake and tire modded "race cars"

Us GT500 owners will have to wait until the end of the year to start posting video's of us shitting on mouthy kids.

Ive seen 1 post already today on FB. His Camaro will destroy any mustang mod for.mod lol.. was even bitching about a giy having non oem tires and trying to race for $$..
Isnt it just amazing how people can cry about the cars we have available today? Just shocking, anyone bitching is on a level playing field with the liberallyist liberal

conceptmachine

Established Member

Better than Nostradamus!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
How much spin does it take to show 75% of demon owners can NOT run 9s?

I don’t care about the owners... I care about the car. The car is 9 sec capable. KING of muscle.

500 is now going down the Camaro route. “Sporty muscle”. 500 will be spear heading that.

gofast15

Established Member
I think GT500 will be very close to 9's if you do the same that needs to be done to the Demon [ race gas , gutted interior , removed seats , slicks / skinnies ]

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You wrote "...out IF the blue".

One improper word and one missing word in one sentence made it difficult to comprehend. Then there was the pleonasm when you wrote "a Wednesday 6.19.19."

Maybe you should recognize your own mistakes before trying to say I made one? Maybe give that higher education institute a shot yourself?
True. Fingers on touch pad phones never make s mistake...phones never change words to make your sentences better.
If you have time edit all typed forum posts before and after posting good for you. As for I won’t worry about it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yes... a stretch but doable. Much easier to attain than a $250k entry level exotic.

No matter which way you spin it... 9 sec car, oem stock.
I’m not spinning anything. I have not seen more than 1 or 2 demons in the 9’s. Granted I never really looked either. Just most oem times are in the 10’s.

I will add if I want a skinny/dr no interior set up fast drag car, I wouldn’t start with 4K lb chassis. That’s just me.
If I wanted a comfortable car that I’d drive everywhere and then run 10’s with full interior and drivable tires I’d take a demon/hc/gt500/997T and have a blast.

Speaking of what does the demon run in street configuration? Full interior and 4 or the same tires on an oem tune? Op has never answered me this.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought you were going to show me all the cars/drivers who have? Maybe you haven’t looked either?

I didn’t even have to look. It was posted. Definitely, won’t do the leg work for you.

9 sec car. Stock OEM with full factory warranty.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Still have not seen 5+ cars that have gone 9’s no tuning. Nobody seems to be jumping to disprove me.

It’s all good. Beer!

Just looked, Evidently pulley tune and E85 and tune constitutes non modded. So if you run no interior slicks skinnies VHM/good air you can crack 9’s. What they call the modded non modded oem vehicle.
A lot like the oem cobra jet. Haha.

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
No, I just quoted you saying that you never really looked.

Well over a year and ive yet to see evidence of a demon breaking 10 flat with the factory supplied tune, pump gas and the 4 factory tires.

Who cares what it can run with race fuel, a swapped PCM and bigs n littles. Any decent rwd car can cut a half sec off with those "mods" even if they dont come in a fancy crate with the car.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I just did a search of the most current Demon 1/4 mile runs, and found a big list up to date today with 4 stock nittos that came with the car running 10 sec or under, the fastest was 9.78 @ 137mph in Houston. Now are they truly stock not gutted etc? That it does not say.

LostM

Established Member
I don’t care about the owners... I care about the car. The car is 9 sec capable. KING of muscle.

500 is now going down the Camaro route. “Sporty muscle”. 500 will be spear heading that.

Theres that spin of your again.. the owners , when given a 9 sec car, can probably drive it in the 9s..
Their Demons, the car, has never touched a 9. So, if I post a picture of their cars, it cant be called a 9 sec car.. now can it? (No it cant, Demons , like every other car, are 9 second capable)

And as always, lets not bring up the differentials that cant handle launches capable of 9 second's, with A- breaking or B- modifying beyond stock (& voiding warranty)

I just did a search of the most current Demon 1/4 mile runs, and found a big list up to date today with 4 stock nittos that came with the car running 10 sec or under, the fastest was 9.78 @ 137mph in Houston. Now are they truly stock not gutted etc? That it does not say.

They were all gutted. The tx event was hyped up to be when amd where someone FINALLY goes as/faster than the Demon ringer as advertised

Users who are viewing this thread