Ford GT Aluminum block motor in 2000 Cobra R #177

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce

Can you post wider angle views of your car? You were teasing me with the close up details but I could not see the big picture. I bet that car is more fun then a 22 year bleach blond old Newport Beach bimbo........... probably cost less too.

I hope you post a vid of the race this weekend.

Russ:

I will get more pics up wen I get a chance. Right now the car needs to get finished and I need to load up for Gingy.

My money's on the 22 year old bimbo being a hell of a lot cheaper! ;-) No Doubt the car's going to be more fun. Especially for a guy my age! :lol:

The event is just a BMW Driving School and I'm taking my "hocky puck" street tires for the break in. I can't seem to wear those damn things out. But if there is any track that can grate on them, it's Gingerman! :rollseyes (along with some R compounds as well in case those Bimmers take advantage of me)

Looks cool Bruce. Have you weighed the car to see how the corner weights changed?

Brian

Not as yet. I might get a chance to throw some scales under it this afternoon but I'm pretty pressed for time! I was here 'till Midnight last night! :cryying:

Off to the shop! :dancenana:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Russ:

I will get more pics up wen I get a chance. Right now the car needs to get finished and I need to load up for Gingy.

My money's on the 22 year old bimbo being a hell of a lot cheaper! ;-) No Doubt the car's going to be more fun. Especially for a guy my age! :lol:

The event is just a BMW Driving School and I'm taking my "hocky puck" street tires for the break in. I can't seem to wear those damn things out. But if there is any track that can grate on them, it's Gingerman! :rollseyes (along with some R compounds as well in case those Bimmers take advantage of me)

LOL "BMW driving school" Here in the OC it's called the DMV :dw:

You would be amazed by how people perceive Kroutmobiles. The vast majority haven't got a clue about cars and just parade them around as mobile status symbols. It's funny out here. I took down a Lamborghini on PCH driven by a trophy wife in my Turbo Outback. That is un-natural.

A chick costing less then a race car? You haven't met my ex :nonono: Stick with the race car........ Less maintenance :pepper:

:beer:

'03 Sonic Blue

"So blue you can hear it"
Established Member
To be honest with you we really didn't have a "number" as a goal. It was more of a project to be different.
:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

:bs:

I'm thinking not so much tq/hp numbers but something like a 2:25 at RA?? (Or did you already do that? I forget.)

Looks good, Bruce!! :beer:See you in August.:pepper::banana::pepper:

--Mike

b4409

Established Member
Bruce -

I knew you wanted an FGT, but now I realize that it was just for parts!

That's a killer setup for the R. That ought to be great for the F/R balance. I'll be looking forward to the on-track review. Nice work.

Bruce

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Guys:

Just rolled in from the Gingerman event and the car ran well in it's maiden voyage. It's definitely a hot rod! :-D

Did a bunch of lapping on street tires on Friday and got yelled at for 'drifting'. :fart: The corner workers were calling in to the tower "red Mustang is sideways again!" I was like "Hey!! How much grip do you think street tires have at this place?!!?" Needless to say, they weren't amused. :rollseyes I have some vids of that. It's pretty entertaining.

Found a new "running dog". Ironically enough a guy named Greg that parked next to me with a Lingenfelter C5-Z06 Corvette. We had a blast chasing each other around. When I passed him while he was on his Sport Cups, he changed to his 315/30 Hoosiers and returned the favor. The 275 Toyos I had on the car will only give you so much grip. :( Vids to come in due time. :)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
When I passed him while he was on his Sport Cups, he changed to his 315/30 Hoosiers and returned the favor. The 275 Toyos I had on the car will only give you so much grip. :( Vids to come in due time. :)

time for the toyo r888's and the 100 octane tune!!!:idea::dancenana::pepper:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Oh my Bruce! You know we're gonna need some newer vid's of it raping some Z06's now right? LOL.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Hey Guys:

Just rolled in from the Gingerman event and the car ran well in it's maiden voyage. It's definitely a hot rod! :-D

Did a bunch of lapping on street tires on Friday and got yelled at for 'drifting'. :fart: The corner workers were calling in to the tower "red Mustang is sideways again!" I was like "Hey!! How much grip do you think street tires have at this place?!!?" Needless to say, they weren't amused. :rollseyes I have some vids of that. It's pretty entertaining.

Found a new "running dog". Ironically enough a guy named Greg that parked next to me with a Lingenfelter C5-Z06 Corvette. We had a blast chasing each other around. When I passed him while he was on his Sport Cups, he changed to his 315/30 Hoosiers and returned the favor. The 275 Toyos I had on the car will only give you so much grip. :( Vids to come in due time. :)

Glad to hear everything went well and the cars is performing to your likes. I will be bringing some used 275/35-18 Hoosiers to sell if you want some sticky rubber:poke: $250 for a set of slicks and all you have to do is get them mounted and balanced for some fun fast laps:pepper::banana::thumbsup:

SlowSVT

Established Member

Reminds me of a Motorcycle safety course I took 15 years ago that a co-worker was instructing. I was a well seasoned rider and took the course for an insurance discount. It was real frustrating driving around pylons doing figure 8's after dragging knee in upstate NY. Waiting for my turn to negotiate my next obstacle I decided to do a brake stand out of boredom. Needless to say I was instantly ejected form riding school and asked not to return. Never got my insurance discount either :nonono:

Bruce, look forward to seeing your vid. Are we going see 360 degree "roundy roundy" views at each corner? Hopefully you will do a write up on how the car performs with the new engine compared to the old one.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Well, I finally got a little time to capture a video of the engine break-in. The first session was a little boring as I was tip-toeing around the track pretty slowly making sure everything was honkey-dorey.

But here is my second session before they yelled at me for 'drifting'. I said; "I'm not drifting, I'm practicing car control!". Apparently they didn't see it that way! :rollseyes

Here is the second session on some hard ass Nitto 'hockey puck' street tires I've been trying to burn up for several years. :dw:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpyLOGt9N4w"]YouTube - 2000 Cobra R new engine break-in[/ame]

Lingenfelter Z06 encounter is in the works. :thumbsup::coolman::beer:

TimB

Established Member
Bruce

Motor sounds great , talk about a lack of grip , those tires must be really hard, looks like fun .

Tim

SDW Racing

Established Member
Bruce,

The new moder sounds great.......

......but it looks like a drunken sailor stole yer car and tracked it.

popeye.jpg

GARSHK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Users who are viewing this thread