. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

02reaper

Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
DETROIT (AP) — Ford Motor Co. Executive Chairman Bill Ford called on autoworkers to come together to end a monthlong strike that he says could cost the company the ability to invest in the future.

In a rare speech during contract talks in the company's hometown of Dearborn, Michigan, Ford said high labor costs could limit spending to develop new vehicles and invest in factories. “It’s the absolute lifeblood of our company. And if we lose it, we will lose to the competition. America loses. Many jobs will be lost,” said the great grandson of company founder Henry Ford.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
DETROIT (AP) — Ford Motor Co. Executive Chairman Bill Ford called on autoworkers to come together to end a monthlong strike that he says could cost the company the ability to invest in the future.

In a rare speech during contract talks in the company's hometown of Dearborn, Michigan, Ford said high labor costs could limit spending to develop new vehicles and invest in factories. “It’s the absolute lifeblood of our company. And if we lose it, we will lose to the competition. America loses. Many jobs will be lost,” said the great grandson of company founder Henry Ford.

Phhht... "America loses" He doesn't give a shit about America... only his bonus.

**** Ford and every other company that is abandoning the V8 and 6M for electric shavers.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The United Auto Workers (UAW) strike in the United States, currently the largest in history, has brought to the forefront the contentious labor negotiations between the organization and major automakers. In the midst of this ongoing dispute, Stellantis, the company behind Jeep, Dodge, Alfa Romeo, and many other brands, has reportedly made a bold proposal to seek the unilateral right to sell its North American headquarters and technical center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, along with 17 other facilities.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
The United Auto Workers (UAW) strike in the United States, currently the largest in history, has brought to the forefront the contentious labor negotiations between the organization and major automakers. In the midst of this ongoing dispute, Stellantis, the company behind Jeep, Dodge, Alfa Romeo, and many other brands, has reportedly made a bold proposal to seek the unilateral right to sell its North American headquarters and technical center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, along with 17 other facilities.
tenor.gif

Bullitt1448

Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
  • United Auto Workers President Shawn Fain said in a Friday livestream the union made progress in negotiations with General Motors and Stellantis, while Ford lagged behind.
  • However, the union continued to press for better offers from the Big Three automakers and warned of more walkouts ahead if further progress isn't made.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
  • United Auto Workers President Shawn Fain said in a Friday livestream the union made progress in negotiations with General Motors and Stellantis, while Ford lagged behind.
  • However, the union continued to press for better offers from the Big Three automakers and warned of more walkouts ahead if further progress isn't made.

General Motors this week offered what Ford offered last week... lol I don't understand how some of these writers keep their jobs.

The striking members are all ready for a deal. The non-striking members are split 50/50. Fain hasn't called for a vote since the beginning. I bet if he calls for a vote on current proposals they pass and everyone is back to work. Fain is currently the hold up.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
General Motors this week offered what Ford offered last week... lol I don't understand how some of these writers keep their jobs.

The striking members are all ready for a deal. The non-striking members are split 50/50. Fain hasn't called for a vote since the beginning. I bet if he calls for a vote on current proposals they pass and everyone is back to work. Fain is currently the hold up.
Fain needs to be Hoffaed there I said it. Also just like Hoffa never to be heard from again. Don't he understand that the US is about to be like the UK and Australia where none of their national manufacturers are going to remain and be in business.

q6543

Established Member
There’s got to be something we are not hearing about holding this up.

No point fighting over pennies when the offer is this good

I was doing back of the envelope math and the current offer would allow the average person to retire with 3 million give or take quite easily.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's really pissing me off because I can't get any new GM parts that I need. I have Tahoes and Silverados in need of doors and bumpers yet I have no ETA in delivery. Older stuff is trickling in but 2021-2023 is unobtainable for many parts.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member

I was doing back of the envelope math and the current offer would allow the average person to retire with 3 million give or take quite easily.

Communism...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I think it's telling that the leadership won't put the contract to the members for a vote.

MG0h3

Established Member

Pretty solid retirement fund for an autoworker.

I’d this in a 401k?

What data are you using to get this number?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

JimCSHO

Established Member

What you aren't hearing much about, but with a look into what Fain is saying, are things that have nothing to do with getting a better deal for the members and all to do with getting a better deal for the UAW.

The sticking points always seem to be things that have to do with guaranteeing the UAW will gain members. Example, demand that any battery plants be automatically represented by the UAW, regardless of whether the employees hired there vote for a union. Fain is looking to guarantee the future of the UAW, not the future of its members who are walking the picket line.

Users who are viewing this thread