Ford GM Stellantis UAW Strike

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The old big 3 need the profits to fund EV's, UAW says nope! Tesla and the Chicom EV companies laugh their ass off. The non-UAW companies will roll up even bigger market shares.

Used car prices will get even dumber if the strike takes out a big enough chunk of old big 3 production.

Mustang, Challenger and Charger prices?

The UAW has said that “record profits mean record contract” and workers’ demands include a 46% wage increase spread out as a 20% increase upon ratification and four additional increases, the elimination of wage tiers, and a 32-hour work week.

Around half of the vehicles on U.S. roads today are not built by unionized U.S. workers, either as imports or made in the U.S. in plants that are not unionized, Katz said. The percentage of unionized workers at independent auto-parts makers has dwindled in recent years to an estimated 5% of that workforce, he said.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 32 hour week is being pushed nationally. Offshoot of Covid lockdowns and workplace changes in general.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I don't think they'll strike, and if they do, it'll be for a week.

It really depends on their internal math and EV plans. A little worrisome how they treated Yellow.

I hope you are right, I noticed your inventory has improved a bit, but a lengthy strike would suck for all Ford dealerships.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It really depends on their internal math and EV plans. A little worrisome how they treated Yellow.

I hope you are right, I noticed your inventory has improved a bit, but a lengthy strike would suck for all Ford dealerships.

Eh not really. I have a lot of incoming inventory, but most of it is sold. Ford started posting incoming inventory on our websites.

Mackie

Established Member
The old big 3 need the profits to fund EV's, UAW says nope! Tesla and the Chicom EV companies laugh their ass off. The non-UAW companies will roll up even bigger market shares.

You really think that Tesla auto workers are going to sit back content and watch UPS and UAW union workers get a substantial salary hike while they continue to assemble Tesla's in Austin and Fremont for the richest man in the world? The trickle down impact will reach far with this.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Let say a strike occurs, does anyone think the auto manufacturers will tell the uaw to pound sand?

Years ago (maybe when GM and Chrysler took public handouts that were paid back...I know I know) people spoke about how much retirement added to the price of a new domestic motor. I can't even imagine what it is today.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let say a strike occurs, does anyone think the auto manufacturers will tell the uaw to pound sand?

Years ago (maybe when GM and Chrysler took public handouts that were paid back...I know I know) people spoke about how much retirement added to the price of a new domestic motor. I can't even imagine what it is today.

This will be the manufacturer's right process. Ford has meetings with management employees explaining they may need to do some blue collar jobs for a while to keep things rolling.

90% of membership can't afford to live off $500/week strike pay.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This will be the manufacturer's right process. Ford has meetings with management employees explaining they may need to do some blue collar jobs for a while to keep things rolling.

90% of membership can't afford to live off $500/week strike pay.

Don’t think the Big 3 are in a position to crush the UAW, but I wish they would.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I do 50 a week, but really don't need to do any. Only there because my wife works there at the same place for big money.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Our Dealership did a 400% increase in parts purchases this last order due to fears of not getting any parts if the UAW strike happens. IDK much about the UAW, but I did not think that these things impacted parts availability. I thought it would only impact car/truck production.
But I am just a Tech, not an owner or in management. Those guys should know.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You really think that Tesla auto workers are going to sit back content and watch UPS and UAW union workers get a substantial salary hike while they continue to assemble Tesla's in Austin and Fremont for the richest man in the world? The trickle down impact will reach far with this.

Yes, it isn't hard to explain that 32 hour work week and a 40% raise make you severely uncompetitive. As in dead as Yellow dead.

robvas

Established Member
Didn't the GM hourly people get $12,750 bonus checks this year?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't think they'll strike, and if they do, it'll be for a week.

You are the expert so I certainly will/would give you the chance to explain, BUT why should any of us buy an F-150 which is built with (Michigan) union labor vs a Tundra that is built in San Antonio.

Nevermind GM and Stellantis with their Mexico bullshit.

I'd definitely like to support a US manufacturer but it's getting harder and harder to do so.

tistan

Established Member
You are the expert so I certainly will/would give you the chance to explain, BUT why should any of us buy an F-150 which is built with (Michigan) union labor vs a Tundra that is built in San Antonio.

Nevermind GM and Stellantis with their Mexico bullshit.

I'd definitely like to support a US manufacturer but it's getting harder and harder to do so.
Just because the Tundra is the fugliest truck ever built, and no v8 option.

Users who are viewing this thread