Ford GM Stellantis UAW Strike

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Right, wrong, or indifferent, you can't stop progress. Unless you legislate it out, public companies will NEVER sacrifice profits. They have a responsibility to the stock and bond holds to maximize returns (they are the "owners" after all). And if you make the operating environment too inhospitable, they'll just find a better way to operate (i.e. different locations and/or automation).

Favorable contracts are great and all, and I don't fault anyone for trying to get theirs, but if it's out of balance, your just slitting your own throats down the road. That's just the reality of a global economy.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I mean I work 5 12s. About a year and a half ago I stopped working every other Saturday. If I worked less than 60 hours a week, I feel like I was on vacation.
Being the boss comes with that sir lol

But i get ya man...

When my dad died i said im done workin all the time...my time is more important

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Automaker Stellantis has made a counteroffer to the United Auto Workers that includes wage increases in each year of a new four-year contract totaling 14.5%.

The wage increases, which would be for most workers, don't include any lump sum payments, Mark Stewart, chief operating officer of Stellantis North America, said in a letter to employees.

The proposal by Stellantis, formerly Fiat Chrysler, also includes a $6,000 one-time inflation protection payment in the first year of the contract and $4,500 in inflation protection payments over the final three years of the contract.

In addition, the counteroffer includes boosting hourly wages from $15.78 to $20 for temporary workers and speeding up the progression timeline from eight years to six years for employees who are moving through the pay scale from starting wages.

The proposal from Stellantis, formed in a 2021 merger of Fiat Chrysler and France's PSA Peugeot, is closer to the union's demands of 46% across-the-board increases over four years, but both sides still are far apart. About 146,000 UAW members at the three Detroit automakers could go on strike when their contracts expire at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I said on page one here that the UAW and the American manufacturers will strike and then settle in a couple of weeks.

Otherwise, the UAW/Manufacturers will lose massive market share to the foreign manufactures that are already making cars and trucks here,

I see no winner here except the foreign cars.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I am sure that the first UAW/Ford guy that gets with Hunter Biden will win billions of dollars. This is how it works today.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I did not know this. This issue alone could make for a long strike.

Among the UAW’s demands is a restoration of defined benefit pensions, which they earlier relinquished in favor of 401(k) plans.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I did not know this. This issue alone could make for a long strike.

Among the UAW’s demands is a restoration of defined benefit pensions, which they earlier relinquished in favor of 401(k) plans.

That'll never happen in a million years. The days of an employer being financially responsible for someone who hasn't worked for them in 10, 20...40 yrs are long gone.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Jim Farley, the CEO of Ford, was just on the business news (CNBC).

He said that all of the UAW demands would raise the average Ford employee cost at Ford to $300,000 per year. He said that was 5-times more a a local fireman earns. It would bankrupt the company.

If Ford would move to the southern States, the UAW would not be an issue.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Jim Farley, the CEO of Ford, was just on the business news (CNBC).

He said that all of the UAW demands would raise the average Ford employee cost at Ford to $300,000 per year. He said that was 5-times more a a local fireman earns. It would bankrupt the company.

If Ford would move to the southern States, the UAW would not be an issue.

Jim's annual compensation is $21M.

Herbert Diess, CEO of the VAG is $11.1M

Akio Toyoda, CEO of Toyota, $4.6M

Natarajan Chandrasekaran, CEO of Tata (Land Rover, Aston Martin, Jaguar) $13M

Toshihiro Mibe, Honda, $3.8M

Oliver Zipse, BMW, $11M

See where I'm going with this?

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Since im lazy...

What is the average ford, GM worker getting an hr and what do they want an hr?

q6543

Established Member
32… I think they’re asking closer to 44 at the end of 5 yr contract.

But the temp work next to those people for 18-20 also.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

Oliver Zipse, BMW, $11M

because 'merica man! #@ck everyone else!

Even if Farley took what the Honda's CEO, that like $300 per unionized Ford employee.

Seriously though, 40%+ wage increase, 32 hr work week, but paid for 40, full pension lol. GTFO with that ridiculous talk. They just sound like clowns with that craziness.

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member

Oliver Zipse, BMW, $11M

If Jim took a $1 salary instead of his $21 million. It would net each worker a $121 a year raise, which is just under 6 cents a hour. (per google they have 173,000 workers)

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
If Jim took a $1 salary instead of his $21 million. It would net each worker a $121 a year raise, which is just under 6 cents a hour. (per google they have 173,000 workers)

Jim is one man in the top. The entire leadership group is going to be making double their rivals as well...

Then shock... your rivals are more profitable and agile.

Can't complain about UAW being Fords downfall compared to Non-Union Toyota and not also look at Ford's leadership and management and compare it to Toyota's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread