Ford EV Frustration

Do you like how Ford is forcing dealers to advertise EVs at MSRP?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Ford should limit to advertising at or BELOW MSRP

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Last year, a Friend of mine, his father bought a Tesla with the falcon doors while they were at their winter home in Florida.
Time to fly home for the summer ( Massachusetts) calls his son up says fly down and drive my new Tesla back for me.

He goes down, usually a 26 hour 2 day 1 night drive back.

He had to stop 16 times @ 45-60 minutes each time to charge it, took a total of 42 hours 3 days 2 nights to make it home.

He tossed his dad the keys and said never again. You want it back down in Florida next winter, have it shipped.

Father drove it all last summer and ended up selling it due to lack of charging stations and overall lack of usefulness.

His son is nicer than me. I would've made it the first 10 hours and called it quits.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
We are taking a 5000+ mile trip this summer, driving from Texas to South Dakota, over to Montana, then Wyoming and back to Texas. That would be painful in an EV.

I'd wager there's not a lot of charging stations in SD, WY and MT.
I drove nearly the entire state of WY and i can tell you that not only is there not charging stations, there are hundreds of miles with NOTHING... You and Rocks and Tumble Weeds....

Buzzards probably follow EVs up there.

Tezz500

Established Member
Last year, a Friend of mine, his father bought a Tesla with the falcon doors while they were at their winter home in Florida.
Time to fly home for the summer ( Massachusetts) calls his son up says fly down and drive my new Tesla back for me.

He goes down, usually a 26 hour 2 day 1 night drive back.

He had to stop 16 times @ 45-60 minutes each time to charge it, took a total of 42 hours 3 days 2 nights to make it home.

He tossed his dad the keys and said never again. You want it back down in Florida next winter, have it shipped.

Father drove it all last summer and ended up selling it due to lack of charging stations and overall lack of usefulness.

Man I tell ya... People will always find a reason for something to not work.. shhheeeeshhhh.

02reaper

Established Member
My son has a Mach-e. He has a 40-50 mile commute round trip. It works well for him. I had to put a circuit in for him for his charger because he would only get about 12 miles of charge overnight from a regular outlet.
Even less than that for the lightning on a 15 amp outlet. I plug once or twice a week. Plugged in last night and went from 60-80 percent in two hours, but I'm charging at a full 48 amps or 11.5 kwh

Tezz500

Established Member
We havent even touched on the sea water activated fire bombs these EVs have become... burning down homes and shit...

311283235_490411973112274_2345638280286778236_n-1536x1152.jpg

02reaper

Established Member
I drove nearly the entire state of WY and i can tell you that not only is there not charging stations, there are hundreds of miles with NOTHING... You and Rocks and Tumble Weeds....

Buzzards probably follow EVs up there.
Sounds a lot like New Mexico. Next Gas station 200 Miles.

02reaper

Established Member
We havent even touched on the sea water activated fire bombs these EVs have become... burning down homes and shit...

311283235_490411973112274_2345638280286778236_n-1536x1152.jpg

Yeah saltwater makes a decent conductor of electricity. I saw this a month or so ago and thought this fellow had some balls.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Even less than that for the lightning on a 15 amp outlet. I plug once or twice a week. Plugged in last night and went from 60-80 percent in two hours, but I'm charging at a full 48 amps or 11.5 kwh
Brings up a good point. My 200amp panel is already full. I'm not an electrician but what's the work around for that?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Brings up a good point. My 200amp panel is already full. I'm not an electrician but what's the work around for that?

New 100 amp service and panel installed.

The problem comes when a neighborhood starts all wanting installs and the utility says no or sends an assessment for doubling the utility to the neighborhood.

02reaper

Established Member
If it is truly full, the only work around is going to be to upgrade your service.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Full as in all spaces are taken? I'd put a 20 spacr 100A subpanel in next to it and you're back to 18 more open slots. The other option is using 2 double breakers in existing circuits then install your new 2 pole 240V breaker for the new outlet.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Users who are viewing this thread