Ford EV Frustration

Do you like how Ford is forcing dealers to advertise EVs at MSRP?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Ford should limit to advertising at or BELOW MSRP

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's great to hear. I hope your customers remember that for their next purchase! The dealers in my area appear not to care about burning bridges for future purchases.

There's definitely pro's and con's for each thought process. I've cost myself a lot of money over the years doing it this way..but hope it pays off when looking at the big picture.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Not necessarily lost value...just moved value.

Rather than having a vehicle worth $50,000. You now have a vehicle worth $45,000 and you had $5,000 worth of transportation value.

I see your point. The goal is to make your transportation value as low as possible.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see your point. The goal is to make your transportation value as low as possible.

Eh, yes and no. So much more goes in to it though. The vast majority of people want to be comfortable during their transportation time. They don't want to drive 30 year old Civics that burn oil at a faster rate than fuel.

They don't want crank windows, manual locks, etc.

Vehicles are such a hard thing to say what is best/worst. Very much like houses. Everyone has their 'hot buttons' as to why they prefer something over another.

For example....I don't care how perfect a house is for everything else I need, if it has a pool (that can't be filled in) I wouldn't buy it. There are other people that would pay significantly more for a house if it has a pool installed.

Do I tell people they should pay $25k over for a new F-450 Limited? No. But, who am I to tell them not to? Put it on a smaller scale. I've WAY overpaid for things. Either because I want/need them, or it's convenient. We all overpay for convenience on a daily basis. If you have unlimited time to call around 100+ dealerships around the country, would you get a better 'deal' on what you're buying? Probably, as far as the dollar amount goes. But how much time, energy and effort went into saving a little bit of money? For that reason alone, I am not a 'shopper' per say. If I need/want something, I have a dollar amount in my head that is the value of that product to me. I will quickly buy something as soon as I have an option around that value (even if it's a little over). I've purchased all three of my houses with 24 hours of looking at them the same time, and I've never once walked through multiple houses before making a decision.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
The price is determined by the relationship of supply and demand. It's simple.

When supply drops, and demand stays the same or increases...prices go up. When supply increases, and demand stays the same or decreases...prices go down.

It's a simple principle.

The "gotta" have it mentality isn't just wanting something. For the past few years there have been TONS of businesses that NEED Super Duties and will pay what it takes to get them. Same with Transit vans.

If you need something, you need something. Imagine taking a road trip across the USA. You make it to the East Plains of Colorado, and run out of gas on I-70. There is a TON of traffic on I-70 (Demand), there is a limited amount of fuel (supply). I can assure you, you would pay whatever that gas station is asking for fuel, even if it doesn't make financial sense...because it sure beats being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no ability to leave.

But throwing your sense of the argument at it...you should wait it out until you're not in peak season travel and capitalize when fuel prices decrease to a normal level.
Yes gouging happens. However there are laws against gouging. The dealership network is a big monopoly that should be illegal. Consumers should have the opportunity to buy from the manufacturer. If not the manufacturer should have the ability to control pricing from its distributors. The Apple Store doesn't 10x the price of an iPhone once the stock becomes low. Why the hell is it ok for a Ford dealership to do it? If a hurricane comes and fuel becomes scarce there are anti gouging laws in place. Why are dealerships allowed to gouge? People can claim this is capitalism all they want but gouging and monopolies are illegal in a capitalistic economy for a reason.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes gouging happens. However there are laws against gouging. The dealership network is a big monopoly that should be illegal. Consumers should have the opportunity to buy from the manufacturer. If not the manufacturer should have the ability to control pricing from its distributors. The Apple Store doesn't 10x the price of an iPhone once the stock becomes low. Why the hell is it ok for a Ford dealership to do it? If a hurricane comes and fuel becomes scarce there are anti gouging laws in place. Why are dealerships allowed to gouge? People can claim this is capitalism all they want but gouging and monopolies are illegal in a capitalistic economy for a reason.

Lol

Ok.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
This is where the poor take it in the ass. There is no bubble gum fixing these cars, the software won't allow it. Old ICE will be in huge demand and shrinking in supply, if the Feds don't mandate crushing.

like the crushing they mandate for all pre-smog vehicles? Oh wait...

Come on guy, get ahold of yourself

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

That's pretty Mao-ish there, mr patriot.

Users who are viewing this thread