FORD BRINGS BACK THE BRONCO with retro styling and a solid axle!!!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Yeah, I hear those SRT8 do great when off-roading.:rollseyes

ha ha good point. I don't go off-roading, never considered that factor. In that case I would definitely sport it over a Rubicon or whatever it's competition is for off-raoding.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i cant believe nobody else said it (or i missed it):

Looks like a solstice imo.

Actually, looks like a Scion Boxcar (X whatever) or Hondurr Element. Loosely resembles a new FJ Cruiser or whatever toyota has thats seemingly everywhere. What a pile of dookie.

Yeah, I hear those SRT8 do great when off-roading.:rollseyes

i dont think people buy a JGC SRT8 with offroading in mind. much as i didnt buy my cobra and go "i wonder how it does in the mud?" or me taking my dads tahoe and going "i wonder if this will run 12's?"

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i love the talk Ford's bringing to the game...but so far it's just that, talk. nothing more...IF they do all these changes, I'll probably never buy anything but a Ford for a LOOONG time. If they don't, i wouldn't be surprised either however.

+1

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
I think it looks like shit. The box styling makes it look cheap and old. Maybe Ford could upgrade the styling al0ng with the performance. If I want to spend $30,000+ on a rock crawler I will build one instead of buying a Poser Mobile like the FJ Cruiser.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Looks stellar but you kow that design would change quite a bit before it hits production if FORD ever decided to actually go with that concept somewhere down the road.

The way that gas is going it probably is in the question. I know alot of companies such as GM and such are trying to go "green" now and thinking of new marketing ideas with small cars instead of trucks.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I have been waiting for this news! I love the Bronco and I have been hoping for a new one based on 66-77 styling ques. It is a sweet little truck and would be perfect for hauling around my hockey equipment and going off road with. Just as long as it is fuel efficient.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
yes ... fond memories of my grandpa's Bronco !! .. I would own one in a hearbeat!

Crowley

dogmush

Established Member
Sign me up for one with a soft-top and a V-8. I miss my old Bronco. Although the TT V-6 might be a fun engine too. Wonder what the production one will look like.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
i cant believe nobody else said it (or i missed it):

Looks like a solstice imo.

Actually, looks like a Scion Boxcar (X whatever) or Hondurr Element. Loosely resembles a new FJ Cruiser or whatever toyota has thats seemingly everywhere. What a pile of dookie.

i dont think people buy a JGC SRT8 with offroading in mind. much as i didnt buy my cobra and go "i wonder how it does in the mud?" or me taking my dads tahoe and going "i wonder if this will run 12's?"

I'm fully aware of that. I was just pointing out the obvious differences in the two vehicles.

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I will take one with a few changes to the front, and back with a manual please. And the top better be removable!!

san-man

Established Member
Now ford needs to develop a small diesel, similar to what Jeep is putting the Grand Cherokees.

Something around 3.0 liters. It should get around 30mpg and make 150hp/300tq.

That would make me happy if they put it in a wrangler type vehicle, like the Bronco.

Ford and the other companys are all working on smaller diesels. I know Ford has a 1.6 inline 4 that they are thinking about bring to the U.S.. However, there is a another engine as well but I do not remember what it is at this time and I'm trying to find it again.

Edit: There is a rumored 3.0l V-6 Caterpillar/Ford with 296lb-ft and 170 hp. Also a 4.4 V8 from Ford themselves with 500 lb-ft and 350 hp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread