FORD BRINGS BACK THE BRONCO with retro styling and a solid axle!!!

SVT8U

Established Member
http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/6249747/whats...ford/index.html

they are discontinuing the Ranger and Sport-Trac.... and in 2010 bringing back the f-100 on a chopped f150 frame as their midsize truck :rockon:

Okay, first, the bad news: It’s been reported by a variety of online sources over the weekend, and we can now confirm that Ford will indeed discontinue the Ranger next year. But wait, there’s more . . .

Now, the good news: Ford will re-launch a new midsize truck, to be known as the F-100, in late 2010 for the 2011 model year. The new pickup, to be based off a chopped and lightened F-150 platform, is said to be roughly 4/5ths the size of the current F-150 and will be available, a’la the Dakota, with a choice of V-6 or V-8 engines; the 250hp, 3.5L twin-turbo direct-injection V-6 will be offered as standard equipment with the 4.4L V-8 available on upscale trim packages. Among cab configurations to be offered will be a genuine five-seater crew-cab model. (Translation: Adios, Sport Trac.) We’d be perfectly happy with the base V-6, but we have one request: Can we get ours with a stick tranny and a rear locker? Please?

And now, the totally-awesome-bitchin’ news: To compete against the Jeep Wrangler and the upcoming Hummer H4, Ford will manufacture a midsize 4x4 SUV off the same chassis as the upcoming F-100. And yep, the vehicle will be called the Bronco, and according to sources, it will have solid axles at both ends, a removable top, and a fold-down windshield a’la the Wrangler. The new Bronc’ is slated to go on sale around the same time as the F-100. We’re happy to see that the success of the new Wrangler has convinced Ford execs that there’s still room for a trail-oriented 4x4 sport-ute in its small SUV line, and we can’t wait to get our hands on one.

Finally, a brand-new Ranger based on a still-under-development Ford global mini-truck chassis will launch in late 2012. We’ll pass along more info about all these new trucks as soon as we hear more about them.

wait... did I read TT v6? YEP :rockon::pepper:
ford-bronco.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That's not it. That's the old Bronco concept from about 5 years ago. They said the new F100 should be only a few inches shorter than the F150.

SVT8U

Established Member
2007_Jeep_Wrangler_ext_1.jpg

ford-bronco.jpg

clear choice to me... jeep shouldve kept the way it was with the TJ's instead of 'updating' it. looks like ass now, and I love jeeps.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
if this is true, then thank god. it's about time they did something with the ranger. everyone else in the small truck segment grew in size except the ranger

nhancedsvt

Established Member
i like it if that's the one they will actually produce. more than likely ford will get about 3 months away from the release date and change their mind...

bugmenot

Established Member
Thats too bad about the ranger. If I wanted a big truck, I would get a full size. I don't want a mid-size. Ford is currently the only one that produces a small truck too. At least it will have a decent engine.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Now ford needs to develop a small diesel, similar to what Jeep is putting the Grand Cherokees.

Something around 3.0 liters. It should get around 30mpg and make 150hp/300tq.

That would make me happy if they put it in a wrangler type vehicle, like the Bronco.

Users who are viewing this thread