For you guys without Brembo brakes...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This is the awesome spare tire you get with the Brembo brake package.

DSC01719-edit.jpg

DSC01720-edit.jpg

Nice:rockon:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The worst part about the fix-a-flat kit, is that with the shaker 1000 the Styrofoam rattles something FIERCE with those two 10" subs back there.

Zacharyx

Established Member
hell I would look into one of the skinny drag wheels just to keep as a spare

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Ford offers free roadside service. If they saw fit to deprive me of a spare tire, I'll just spend their money to get the car towed to the nearest tire shop.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ford offers free roadside service. If they saw fit to deprive me of a spare tire, I'll just spend their money to get the car towed to the nearest tire shop.

Trust me on this one, that roadside service shit can leave a lot to be desired. AAA beats it something fierce.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i bought a spare off someone. its a 19inch spare. came off a car with factory 19's. i dont care if it doesnt clear the brembos. better than being stuck in the middle of no where

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
Trust me on this one, that roadside service shit can leave a lot to be desired. AAA beats it something fierce.

+1

Ford roadside is just lowest bid independent tow truck drivers, so is AAA but there are a lot more of them so they actually show up in a reasonable amount of time.

AAA membership pays for itself in hotel and other discounts..

Some cars I can see the goop, like a Z06 that doesnt have the room for a spare. But to put the goop/chinese pump in a spare tire well is beyond silly. If the space saver doesnt fit the brembo calipers then redesign the spare so it does - racestar can mkee a 17" wheel that clears it lol.

cobra1718

Established Member
Wow just had a revelation. I bought my car premium without brembo brakes. Then I did a brembo brake conversion so I have a spare. So If I have a flat on the front I'm screwed.

chrisheltra

Established Member

What happens if you get a flat on a Saturday, Sunday, long holiday weekend or in the middle of the night? Unless it works differently than I think it does.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Put the spare on the back, move the good back tire to the front.

Yep, this is what the guys with the 2000 Cobra Rs had to do and any Cobras that have installed Y2KR style Brembos will have to do.
Hopefully the drive home distance won't be too far if the OD of the spare is much different than the normal tires or else the Traction Lock is not going to be very happy.

I personally like the kit they provide better than the various spare options that may be available for a 14" big Brembo.

The smallish diameter of that spare well is ultimately the limiting factor.

mnewxcv

Established Member
does the kit inject goo stuff in the tire like a can of fix a flat? if so i know a lot of tire shops dont mess with repairing those kind of tires. in which case, hit nail, fix flat, out of a tire(or 2 depending on wear).

in that case, ill take a donut.

kingnut

Established Member
yeah someone needs to post up the cheapest and lightest spare to throw back there. i always keep a tire plug kit in my trunk. but i would never have road side assistance as my first option. id rather put on a spare and get to where i need to be. i can always drop the tire off to be replaced at my own convenience.

ofcourse if you never take this badboy far from home. you can leave your spare at the house and have someone bring it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread