For you guys without Brembo brakes...

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
does the kit inject goo stuff in the tire like a can of fix a flat? if so i know a lot of tire shops dont mess with repairing those kind of tires. in which case, hit nail, fix flat, out of a tire(or 2 depending on wear).

in that case, ill take a donut.
the problem is that you can't find the puncture when you use that stuff.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Yep, this is what the guys with the 2000 Cobra Rs had to do and any Cobras that have installed Y2KR style Brembos will have to do.
Hopefully the drive home distance won't be too far if the OD of the spare is much different than the normal tires or else the Traction Lock is not going to be very happy.

I personally like the kit they provide better than the various spare options that may be available for a 14" big Brembo.

The smallish diameter of that spare well is ultimately the limiting factor.

the mini spare i have is 19 inch. so it cant be all that different for the stock brembo wheels. i dont care. not like i will be driving on it for 500 miles doing a 100 mph. it gets me off the road.

kevinp

Established Member
does the kit inject goo stuff in the tire like a can of fix a flat? if so i know a lot of tire shops dont mess with repairing those kind of tires. in which case, hit nail, fix flat, out of a tire(or 2 depending on wear).

in that case, ill take a donut.

Not to mention the goo can wreck the TPMS sensor as well.

Plus it doesnt work all the time, plus after it sits for a while it dries out in the can. I'll take a space saver even if I had to swap the tires front to rear.

cdog1157

Established Member
Trust me on this one, that roadside service shit can leave a lot to be desired. AAA beats it something fierce.

After working 14 hours at work I came out to find one of my rear tires flat with about a foot of snow on the ground and car. I could see a large bolt in the tire but I didn't feel like messing with it so I had someone take me home and called Ford roadside assistance the next morning. When he arrived it was a guy driving a lowrider neon with an air pump that plugs into your cigarette lighter, lol. I also had brought one of those with me so I just let him air it up and drove about 15 miles to a tire shop where they put a plug/patch on it and showed me the "pinky sized" bolt they pulled from the tire.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
After working 14 hours at work I came out to find one of my rear tires flat with about a foot of snow on the ground and car. I could see a large bolt in the tire but I didn't feel like messing with it so I had someone take me home and called Ford roadside assistance the next morning. When he arrived it was a guy driving a lowrider neon with an air pump that plugs into your cigarette lighter, lol. I also had brought one of those with me so I just let him air it up and drove about 15 miles to a tire shop where they put a plug/patch on it and showed me the "pinky sized" bolt they pulled from the tire.

The first one that showed up for me was in an old Nissan Altima and dressed like a thug. He also had just a handful of tools. After he left, there was nothing he could do, I called Ford back and informed them of my dissatisfaction.

lonegunman

Established Member
i've heard rumor that sometimes these kits can ruin the TPMS sensor...anyone have any information on that?

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Luckily for me I kept my spare from my 370z sports package. It fits!

Can you 100% verify this works on the front AND fits in the spare tire well???

(I work for nissan and have a 12' brembo gt on order)

I kinda had the hunch that this may work because My old stangs' drag radials and wheels fit on a z

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Can you 100% verify this works on the front AND fits in the spare tire well???

(I work for nissan and have a 12' brembo gt on order)

I kinda had the hunch that this may work because My old stangs' drag radials and wheels fit on a z

Well they're the exact same lug pattern. The Z had the 19's with the 14" brakes. I don't see why it wouldn't. One day when rotating my tires I'll verify by putting it on.

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Well they're the exact same lug pattern. The Z had the 19's with the 14" brakes. I don't see why it wouldn't. One day when rotating my tires I'll verify by putting it on.

The hat of the rotor may be a different height. When I get my GT I'll pull a spare out of a Z from the lot and try it. I've had mustang wheels on z's before. Even saw a set of 10th anny cobra wheels on a supra. Just Wanted to see if you knew if the caliper clearance was there... No worries, I'll find out

Users who are viewing this thread