For Sale: 1999 Cobra *Black Beauty w/ Chrome Saleens* Solid Axle!

Rock777

Established Member
This car is truly my pride and joy, although everyone says that, it's true. This car has been pampered and meticulously maintained it's ENTIRE life!! I am the third owner and the first two owners were just as obsessive compulsive. The car seen has very little rain in its life. The previous owner and myself did not drive in rain at all (previous owner did get caught in rain once, went to friends lift and washed and dried the underside, pretty picky even in my standards). I have a huge envelope of service records and receipts from the original owner. I also have the ORIGINAL window sticker, ORIGINAL brochure, Original SVT Certificate. This car is in pristine condition. It has 61,xxx miles on the clock and looks new. I was approached at a gas station one day by a gentlemen talking about my car, blah blah blah, anyway after talking a while he asks about the mileage and I show him the odometer, he asked how I possibly put that many miles on a new car already, ha. Anyway, just wanted to stress that I, as are many cobra owners, am very particular about this car. Obviously, oil changed every 2500-3000. Transmission fluid changed 1000 miles ago. Car runs cool as can be. In 100 degree weather with A/C blasting, doesn't budge past halfway on the temp gauge. There are no rips or signs of wear at all on the interior, leather looks NEW! There are no mechanical problems whatsoever! Runs excellent! Body in excellent condition, maintained with PC and Poorboys/Clearkote products. There is a super small door ding on the fender behind drivers door, probably would go unnoticed completely if not mentioned, but in certain glare/lighting you can see where it is (silly soccer mom opens her brand new SUV into my car while I'm walking up and then tells me it didn't do anything, I just took her word and briefly glanced and didn't see anything). The front does have your typical rock/bug chips. Other than that, the paint is like black water. I'm going to move on to the mods and pics so I don't put the people who clicked on this to look at pictures to sleep.;-) Do not hesitate one bit with any/all questions, I will be as straight forward as possible.

Cosmetic/Appearance
- Triple Chrome Plated Saleen Replicas 18x9 and 18x10.5(hard to find Saleen size)
-265/35/18 Falken FK451 tires in front and 315/30/18 BFG DRs in rear
-tinted rear window and rear quarter windows (5%/limo)
-Lowered w/ rake effect (see Suspension)
-2003 Cobra headlights
-2001 Cobra bumper w/ UPR SS chrome "COBRA" inserts
-Tinted taillights
-Red painted brake calipers
-Cobra Grill Emblem
-Spoiler moved back 4"
-8" Shorty Antenna

Suspension
-Tokico Rear Lowering Springs
-Tokico Illumina Adjustable 5-Way Shocks
-Pro Form Upper Control Arms
-D&D Adjustable front Coilovers

Drivetrain
-FRPP Clutch
-FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft
-SOLID REAR AXLE removed from 2003 GT
-Ford 4.10 rear end gears (absolutely no whine)
-Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter

Intake/Exhaust
-JLT RAI Cold Air Intake
-FRPP Shorty Headers
-UPR high-flow catted X-Pipe
-Magnapack Cat-back (Very smooth, yet not too loud with catted X) w/ chrome polished tips

Other Misc. Upgrades
-NX Wet Kit Nitrous NEVER EVER USEDbut is installed (previous owner had installed but too scared to use without a tune and I am personally not a fan of juice)
*Beautifully painted black 10 pound bottle
*Nitrous purge out of front Cobra emblems mouth
*Bottle Warmer
*Also fuel pressure safety switch, window switch with all rpm pills included
-Hurst Line-Loc
-Drilled/Slotted Rotors
-Ceramic brake pads w/ approx. 5000 mi.
-Autometer 3-Pod A-Pillar w/:
*Autometer Electric Oil Press. Gauge
*Autometer Electric Fuel Press. Gauge
*Autometer Electric Nitrous Press. Gauge

That's all that I can think of for now. I have talked myself out of selling this car several times because to be honest it is my dream car with everything done to it that I would want to do. Unfortunately I have too many irons in the fire right now with new house, getting married in less than a year, and those pesky college loans that keep hangin around :bash: :lol1: That along with the fact that I don't drive it nearly enough and spend more time pampering than actually driving. I can say though with absolute confidence that whoever buys this car will be nothing but completely happy, sincerely.

99riocobra has been around my car and although he probably hates me for selling it, hopefully he will be honest with you if you need a second opinion.

I apologize that some of the pics are not the great. If you need more, pm me.
I am asking $16,500, REASONABLE offers welcome.

99cobra82406011mediumtj0.jpg

99cobra82406034mediumhv0.jpg

99cobra82406010mediumvo1.jpg

cobraafterdetail016large7tl.jpg

cobraafterdetail0023zb.jpg

cobraafterdetail001large1sd.jpg

SEE POST #4 FOR INTERIOR PICS
SEE POST #38 FOR ENGINE BAY PICS
POST #27 has additional misc. pics !!!

Last edited:

Rock777

Established Member
Here are some interior pics......Also wanted to add, if you look to the right of the steering wheel and gagues you can see a metal coin looking object. That is actually a pendant, there is a small nickel-sized perfect hole that was cut in the plastic piece where the previous owner had a shiftlight mounted. I still have the shift light if desired or it would be very very easy to replace this plastic piece as it just pops out and could be found quite easily. If interested in the car and this deters you, please let me know and I assure you we will work something out.

99cobrainterior012largemediumuv0.jpg

99cobrainterior008largemediumar3.jpg

99cobrainterior005largemediumvw7.jpg

99cobrainterior006largemediumnf5.jpg

99cobrainterior010largemediumbm8.jpg

99cobrainterior014largemediumhd5.jpg

99cobrainterior015largemediumgs2.jpg

99cobrainterior002largemediumgc4.jpg

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
you know how much i do not approve of you selling this, Brandon!!! i guess i'll throw in a bump for a good friend though. anyone considering this car: in these pics the car looks immaculate, and in person it is ten times as flawless! :thumbsup:

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
Man do I miss that car. BUMP for an AWESOME car that has been VERY well taken care of it's whole life.

And no, I'm not going to buy it back, so don't ask. :D My next Cobra will be an all Black 03-04.

32V SVT

Established Member
Rock777, That's a very nice ride friend!

My previous Cobra was a 99, and I did some mods too...
I installed 10th Anniversary Cobra Calipers,
Baer Eradispeed 2 pc. Rotors, Steel braided braake lines,
D&D performance T56 conversion, a new clutch,
Full Basani exhaust, CAI unit, Billet Fuel Door,
Interior pieces like Saleen race pedals, MGW Shifter...
All that was taken away by an idiot on a cell phone who rear ended me doing 40 mph back in January, totaling my baby...
I got pushed into the car ahead of me, and the impact tweaked out my frame beneath my back seat, and broke the IRS... What a mess...

Anyway, seeing your pictures made me miss that car. I was the second owner, and the first one was as meticulous about keeping it in perfect order as I was.

I once had a motorcycle cop pull me over for making a U-Turn where I shouldn't have, when he walked around the car, looking at it, and listening to the pur of the Bassani's, he asked me what year it was, and after telling him what was in it, he let me off with a "window tint" fix it ticket... That was cool!!!

Man I loved that car!!! I hope folks out there can appreciate what a clean
ride you have, and take advantage of what you're offering... Low miles to boot!!!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Rock777

Established Member
I appreciate the kind words from everyone, they would be even kinder if they came with some green :D

Crazzy_Al - good hearing from you, I didn't think I'ld see this car for sale near this soon. Just too many things going on, somethings gotta give.

32V-SVT - Thanks for the compliment, that story makes me cringe. Sounds like this would be the perfect car to get back into again. :thumbsup:

Rock777

Established Member
thasalvoo said:
16,500 obo what are u looking to get ?

Sorry, didn't even see this post, was busy trying to upload pics and stuff. Anyway, I feel 16.5k is pretty decent honestly. Given the mods done and the condition of the car. If someone had cash in hand and was seriously interested, obviously I could work with them, but I'm not willing to knock a chunk off just yet. Knock on wood, but I am hesitant because out of 5 Mustangs that I have had, this one has been by far the most reliable. It's hard to sell a car this fun to drive and nothing to worry about.

C_Heath

Sweet ride, perhaps the sweetest one Ive seen, however, heres what they are bringing at the manheim auctions..........

08/22/06 LAUD/MIA Regular $7,300 104,391 Avg BLACK 8G 5 Yes
08/18/06 MANHEIM Regular $9,200 84,813 Avg RED 8G A Yes
08/16/06 SEATTLE Lease $5,900 125,782 Below BLACK 8G 5 No
08/15/06 DETROIT Lease $6,200 62,225 Avg BLACK 8G 5 Yes
08/03/06 BIG H Lease $5,600 95,025 Below BLACK 8G 5 Yes
08/03/06 NORTHSTR Regular $5,000 132,402 Below BLACK 8G 5 No
08/02/06 HRSNBURG Lease $9,400 47,391 Avg RED 8G 5 Yes
08/01/06 LOS ANGL Regular $7,000 64,058 Avg BROWN 8G 5 Yes
07/26/06 CEN FLA Regular $10,200 59,227 Above BLACK 8G 5 Yes
07/26/06 HRSNBURG Regular $9,500 26,643 Avg GREEN 8G 5 Yes
07/25/06 GTR TUSC Regular $9,000 77,454 Avg BLACK 8G M Yes
07/25/06 HATFIELD Regular $6,650 99,650 Avg BLACK 8G A Yes

You should have good luck if you get a person that wants THAT car an has the $$$.

PRICING

Average Trade-In Average Retail
Base Price $10,475 $12,700
Mileage - 61,000 miles $1,200 $1,200
Options

Leather Seats (Std. Cobra) $200 $225
MACH Stereo System (Std. Cobra) $75 $100
Power Seat (Std. Cobra) $75 $100
W/out Automatic Trans. (V6) -$325 -$325
TOTAL PRICE $11,700 $14,000

Last edited:

Rock777

Established Member
Thanks for the compliment. I felt a little dumb because I don't quite understand your listings completely, but I'm sure that just me being slow at times :lol1: I do have to say though that just like alot of things, it is in the eye of the beholder. I know "theoretically" you don't ever get your money back out of your mods, but to the right person it will be a deal. Heck, the wheels and tires alone basically bring the value to what I am asking from KBB/NADA. I know when I found this car, I was in the market for an 03-04 and then saw this car and had to have it, which no other 99's or 01's had done for me. Sure I paid more than Kelly Blue Book, Nada, etc.., but it was very well taken care of, 95% of what I wanted done and was, in my opinion, easy on the eyes, so I didn't bat an eye paying what he was asking. I honestly did little to no bargaining because I realized what it would cost me to build/make one just like it. I completely understand what you are saying, it's just I am not in a huge hurry to sell it, so I will most likely wait for someone who is in the same boat I was when I bought it.

Anyway, I truly do appreciate the input, as I am always open ears to respectable opinions/criticism. :beer:

WHEELSPIN85

Sorry! It's My First Day.
Established Member
i like your cobra alot i've been looking for one and i really like yours. Do you still have the independant rear suspension? And can i get some pix of the engine bay and trunk? Seriously considering buying your car.

Rock777

Established Member
WHEELSPIN85 said:
i like your cobra alot i've been looking for one and i really like yours. Do you still have the independant rear suspension? And can i get some pix of the engine bay and trunk? Seriously considering buying your car.

This Cobra has been converted to solid axle. The rear axle is from a 2003 Mustang GT w/ 4.10 gears that only had 8,000 miles when removed, has no more than 16,000 total miles now. I don't have any pics of the engine bay or trunk at the moment, but will be happy to take some as soon as I have a chance (at work now).

C_Heath

YO Rock,

What I meant was it sweet and badass and would appeal AND be well worth it to people like us that can appreciate performance, cobra and SVT history as well as how its been kept.

If you took it to a dealership such I where I work, they would go by those numbers I posted and now give a crap if you had 2 tons of TNT under the hood for a power adder.

I simply lust over that car. I would not even think of selling it but Im sure you felt that way when you first got it as well.

Good Luck.

Rock777

Established Member
Thanks man, I understand what you meant now. And yes, I planned on keeping it for a very long time, loved everything about it, but sometimes things don't always go as planned......oh well, at least I enjoyed it for a little while anyway. It's just a car, right:( .........:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread