For Sale: 1999 Cobra *Black Beauty w/ Chrome Saleens* Solid Axle!

Enorbit3

Established Member
im lookin for a cobra and yours is immaculate...just had a question...dont cobras come with the suede inserts in the seats, or did that start in 2001?

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
Enorbit3 said:
im lookin for a cobra and yours is immaculate...just had a question...dont cobras come with the suede inserts in the seats, or did that start in 2001?
The suede inserts started in 2001...as did the COBRA rear bumper covers. But I hated the MUSTANG rear bumper cover that was on there, so I put the COBRA one on it...when I owned this car.

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
By the way, I don't know if Rock777 mentioned it, but some people who know about the 1999 Cobra may just be wondering about "THE FIX" and if it's been done to this car. "THE FIX" has been done to this car and when I sold the car to Rock777 I gave him all the docs, certs, and dyno graphs showing proof that "THE FIX" was done on this car.

For those who don;t know about "THE FIX" and may now be worried about what that problem was, rest assured that it was nothing major. There was a Ford factory recall on nearly every 1999 Cobra for problems with restrictive exhaust and intake which held back the HP numbers they were supposed to put out. That recall was skipped over by many Cobra owners who:

1.) Didn't know about it
2.) Were too lazy to get it fixed

That's not the case here. The car DID have the recall done and Rock777 should still have all the docs proving that.

I hope that helps.

Rock777

Established Member
Enorbit3 said:

The suede inserts did start in the 01's. There is a "sticky" about the differences between the 99 and 01 Cobras and the seats are one of the benefits to the 01's, however there are weaknesses too. The biggest advantage the 99 has over the 01 is the stronger and more reliable T45 tranny, opposed to the 01's 3550. Just depends what your needs are.:burnout:

turbo351w

Established Member
I don't have the capability to pm yet but I had a few questions I wanted to ask in private. Do you have an email or phone number where you can be contacted? Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Ken

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
turbo351w said:
I don't have the capability to pm yet but I had a few questions I wanted to ask in private. Do you have an email or phone number where you can be contacted? Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Ken
I still have both, Brandon's cell number and his email address. In an effort to help him sell the car, and still keep some of his info private, I can PM you his email address. Can you at least RECEIVE PM's?

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
Crazzy_Al said:
I still have both, Brandon's cell number and his email address. In an effort to help him sell the car, and still keep some of his info private, I can PM you his email address. Can you at least RECEIVE PM's?
Either way, I just PM'd Rock777's (Brandon) email address to you. He didn't post it up on the board for one reason or another, so I'm not going to either. If you do get the PM, keep it to yourself and do not post it up here.

Good luck.

Rock777

Established Member
turbo351w said:

Regards,
Ken

PM sent with email and cell#, did not know my email wasn't available to members, no particular reason for it. Email is [email protected] for any other interested buyers.

Last edited:

Rock44

Established Member
hey bro. hate to see it go but you gotta do what you gotta do. for anyone interested, car is in perfect condition without question

Rock777

Established Member
Guess it's a tough time of year to sell this kind of car? :shrug: Will remove nitrous and wheels/tires and put some different wheels to knock the price down if anyone is interested. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell but I am reasonable and could use the extra $ right now, all I can say is "no" to an offer.

Last edited:

Rock777

Established Member
Price Reduced!!! $15,900 ....Don't hesitate to call me with any questions 618 604-9496. I know if I wait til spring to sell it I would easily get my original asking price, but the wedding is getting closer and that means people are going to want to get paid soon.

Brandon

Last edited:

Rock777

Established Member
creptik said:
And the race is on!

I hope you are right and the finish line is near, there are a few racers at this time. ;-) A couple serious ones coming to look, and a few tire kickers. I am very confident that any interested buyer that comes to look at it will not change their mind! We'll see. :pop:

BTW Creptik, how's that GN sale going?

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
Rock777 said:
I hope you are right and the finish line is near, there are a few racers at this time. ;-) A couple serious ones coming to look, and a few tire kickers. I am very confident that any interested buyer that comes to look at it will not change their mind! We'll see. :pop:

BTW Creptik, how's that GN sale going?
Aside from all the pix I posted, you bought the car from me site unseen. The car was immaculate when I sold it to Rock777, and it looks like has taken pretty damn good care of it since.

AlexBG

Rock N' Roll
Established Member
bump for you Brandon
im still trying to sell my car. I have found another potential buyer and if he doesnt buy it. I will be taking it to an Auction here in St.Louis

this is one of the cleanest 99's around
and drives amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread