For Sale: 1999 Cobra *Black Beauty w/ Chrome Saleens* Solid Axle!

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
Rock777, sccchhwwwweeeet arse car. Beautiful.:thumbsup:

I do have a question that I hope you will answer: I know that you mentioned that your Cobra has/has 315's on the rears, but in one or two of your posted up pictures (linked below), I noticed you had Falkens on the rears, which is no big deal, but I was wondering what the size was for the rear Falkens you had/have on?

cobraafterdetail016large7tl.jpg

Thanks.
Also, do the top three pictures you posted up in your original post show your Cobra with those rear Falkens on?
I am trying to get a look at sizes of tires in relation to rears picture shots for stance, etc. Still looks awesome.
Would you happen to have more exterior pictures you could post up to indicate stance and tire widths? ;-)

Very nice buy, IMHO, and btw, full loan on a 99' Cobra in Southeast Virginia is $14,250, so you asking $16,500+/- is quite reasonable considering all that you have on it. Personally, I would be asking more, but where I live, sports car, such as the Cobra, sell pretty well. Best bet, if a dealership had the car and was selling it, your Cobra would be listing for more than what you are asking, being the salesman/person would be hammering a potential buyer on/about the excellent condition and the mods on it to boot. ;-)

Last edited:

Rock777

Established Member
ex-PJs snake said:
Rock777, sccchhwwwweeeet arse car. Beautiful.:thumbsup:

I do have a question that I hope you will answer: I know that you mentioned that your Cobra has/has 315's on the rears, but in one or two of your posted up pictures (linked below), I noticed you had Falkens on the rears, which is no big deal, but I was wondering what the size was for the rear Falkens you had/have on?

Thanks.
Also, do the top three pictures you posted up in your original post show your Cobra with those rear Falkens on?
I am trying to get a look at sizes of tires in relation to rears picture shots for stance, etc. Still looks awesome.
Would you happen to have more exterior pictures you could post up to indicate stance and tire widths? ;-)

Very nice buy, IMHO, and btw, full loan on a 99' Cobra in Southeast Virginia is $14,250, so you asking $16,500+/- is quite reasonable considering all that you have on it. Personally, I would be asking more, but where I live, sports car, such as the Cobra, sell pretty well. Best bet, if a dealership had the car and was selling it, your Cobra would be listing for more than what you are asking, being the salesman/person would be hammering a potential buyer on/about the excellent condition and the mods on it to boot. ;-)

Thanks. The Falkens that were originally on the rear were 285/35/18, which were too narrow, there was no rim protection. I have heard though that Falkens run narrow. Plus these tires are excellent for handling, but not very good at dry traction. Here are a couple pics that somewhat show either stance or tire width. One is with the BFG's though and the others are with the originals that you are talking about.

99cobra82406012ds4.jpg

99cobralarge8at.jpg

cobraafterdetail006nj8.jpg

Last edited:

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
302powered said:
IL plates??? I wish I had 16.5K I would buy this car in a second!
He's right outside STL. He bought my car from me in MI and trailed it back to his house out in IL. So his location under his name is correct. While he is technically just out of state of STL, he is in the general area. If he were to put his city name in his location no one would have any idea where in IL he's at. :lol1:

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
Hey Rock, I just realized that my TRADER RATING is at zero. What's up with that? You bought a damn car from me and you couldn't rate me? :lol:

Come to think of it I also sold a set of Eibach lowering springs and a Bassani X-Pipe with High-Flow cats on this site (all to different members) and I never got rated for those either.

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
302powered said:
Hey Al,shouldnt you udate your sig atleast?

He's probably near savannah or cordova.
Yep. I don't think I have posted here since I sold the car to Rock777. And I only knew about the sale/thread because a friend of mine who frequents this site posted it up on one of the local muscle cars boards I moderate. :-D

Rock777

Established Member
302powered - As my sales agent stated(Crazzy_Al) , I do live very near St. Louis, but still on the IL side.

Crazzy_Al - To be honest, I had no idea there was such a thing as a "trader rating", which is probably also why no one else has given a rating. I'll have to look into that some time. Oh yeah, and I was going to mention something about your sig on your last post so no one got it mixed up as to who had the car for sale.

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
Rock777 said:
302powered - As my sales agent stated(Crazzy_Al) , I do live very near St. Louis, but still on the IL side.

Crazzy_Al - To be honest, I had no idea there was such a thing as a "trader rating", which is probably also why no one else has given a rating. I'll have to look into that some time. Oh yeah, and I was going to mention something about your sig on your last post so no one got it mixed up as to who had the car for sale.

Sig has been changed. I hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
Rock777 said:
Thanks Al, I do appreciate it. (beer)
You're quite welcome. Good luck on the sale.

The the lucky prick who buys this car, I hate you. :D Seriously though, you'll be getting a VERY well taken care of car that runs like a raped ape and will give you plenty of worry-free driving. When I had the car you could HONESTLY eat off of the inside of the wheels and the underside of the undercarriage. I'm not exaggerating!!! I kept it that clean. Hell, I only put 52XX miles on her in almost 2 years of owning her.

Rock777

Established Member
I am getting some offers, seem somewhat serious, but we all know how that goes. If you are at all interested, better throw me an offer now.

Also, see post #4 for updated info about the interior, very minor thing that I missed.

Last edited:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
WOW!!!! That thing is CLEAN!!! It looks great man, if I didnt already have one and had the money, I would buy this thing! What did you use to clean it, that paint shines!

Rock777

Established Member
Orange Stang 04 said:
WOW!!!! That thing is CLEAN!!! It looks great man, if I didnt already have one and had the money, I would buy this thing! What did you use to clean it, that paint shines!

Thank you, I use the notorious PC with Poorboys SSR2.5, Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze, and Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax! It is also garage kept and wiped down with Adam's Detailer more than it is driven.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread