Flowmaster vs MagnaFlow ??

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
anyone have a O/R MagnaFlow X-pipe with Magnapacks ??

I dropped my car off tonight to have my x-pipe put on (already have the mag cat-back), so I will try to put up a sound clip tomorrow night.

Also... while I know that there are some great sounding systems (bassani & slp) anyone that thinks that the sound that comes out of a cobra sounds like a Euro fart can, regardless of the system, needs a checkup.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
jbp99cobra said:
I dropped my car off tonight to have my x-pipe put on (already have the mag cat-back), so I will try to put up a sound clip tomorrow night.

Also... while I know that there are some great sounding systems (bassani & slp) anyone that thinks that the sound that comes out of a cobra sounds like a Euro fart can, regardless of the system, needs a checkup.

cool, thanks bro. hopefully somtime this weekend. i will be installing the Magg's. tired of the flowmaster sound. dam chambers

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
jbp99cobra said:

werd! :rockon:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
jbp99cobra said:

Oh Really??.

http://www.perelofsson.nu/cobra/cobra_bredband.wmv

About Halfway through.. He Rev's it a few times. If that doesn't sound like RICE. I DOn't know what does!

LongTubes & Magnaflow too.
:xpl:

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I've got flowmaster 1 chambers on now and it sounds better than my old Magnaflow straight through 4" mufflers. The 1 chambers are alittle louder and have more of a true Mustang sound to them. I really want to hear what the SLP sounds like on a DOHC Cobra engine. (in person ofcourse)

Stopsign32v

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Oh Really??.

http://www.perelofsson.nu/cobra/cobra_bredband.wmv

About Halfway through.. He Rev's it a few times. If that doesn't sound like RICE. I DOn't know what does!

LongTubes & Magnaflow too.
:xpl:

:rollseyes you've lost your mind if you think that car sounds like rice. Why because it revs fast because it probably has a light weight flywheel? :lol: you = :loser:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Than I'll proudly be an "L" LOL. because I would NEVER want my shizzy sounding like that.. Sounds like every Riced out Honda on my block!.

Apparently I'm not the only "L" though because couple others felt it sounded a little farty..

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=575444

Too Each their Own I guess. It must be true, like they say.. what sounds like A$$ to one person may sound like music to another.

Stopsign32v said:
:rollseyes you've lost your mind if you think that car sounds like rice. Why because it revs fast because it probably has a light weight flywheel? :lol: you = :loser:

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
I'm selling my Magnaflow mufflers (only) next week when I get my Super 40 Flows delivered, anybody looking for just the mufflers let me know. They only have been on the car for 1 year. They are for a Cobra 2 1/2" inlet offset / outlet offset same side of muffler.

OrangeMachine

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Than I'll proudly be an "L" LOL. because I would NEVER want my shizzy sounding like that.. Sounds like every Riced out Honda on my block!.

Apparently I'm not the only "L" though because couple others felt it sounded a little farty..

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=575444

Too Each their Own I guess. It must be true, like they say.. what sounds like A$$ to one person may sound like music to another.

Man, that sounded pretty good to me. You have to remember that the engine isn't under load, and that if you heard it from a take off it would sound quite different. I bet it screams. :rockon:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
got my x-pipe installed today... and It sounds pretty damn good. Only fart sounds are the ones coming from me... sorry, ate chili tonight... #*it happens. I'll post the sound clip tomorrow.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Magnaflows on for about 3 weeks or so now and the sound is deeper/louder than when the were first installed. I love them and think anything much louder with my vert would be too loud.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
jbp99cobra said:
got my x-pipe installed today... and It sounds pretty damn good. Only fart sounds are the ones coming from me... sorry, ate chili tonight... #*it happens. I'll post the sound clip tomorrow.

hhaha. i think the mag's sound smoooth. i love that 03 Silver cobra with the o/r bassani xpipe and magnapacks.anyone have that vid ?? sounds F mean :bowdown:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Just to let you guys know. The 03 Cobra sounds quite a bit different in tone than the N/A Cobras.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Just to let you guys know. The 03 Cobra sounds quite a bit different in tone than the N/A Cobras.

not really, that silver 03 with the bassani off road x and magnapacks that one dude is talking about, i know the guy with that car and his system sounded exactly like mine side by side, the only difference was i had an off road h

Users who are viewing this thread