Flowmaster vs MagnaFlow ??

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
thinking about going with the Magnaflow muffler's. just wondering if this is a good idea as for Performance. cause i have a CAI that brings in alot of airflow. and a exhaust that restructe the outgoing flow. i was thinking about Magnaflow straight through mufflers ??? Pro's an Con's ?? and sound clips on this set up ??
:shrug:
BTW- i have O/R Magna X-pipe.

CaliSS2001

Established Member
If your gonna do exhaust get a cat-back. As far as sound your going to need to listen to some sound clips before buying and find the combo thats right for you. There really is no best sounding its what you like. :pop:

Tomjh99

Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
and sound clips on this set up ??
:shrug:
BTW- i have O/R Magna X-pipe.

I have the Magnaflow catback with stock H pipe. I will post a sound clip tomorrow morning, I would today but it's raining outside and I am working till 7p. I think you'll like the sound.

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
I Have the Magnaflows, great system, all stainless steel.

with the CAI the car is a lot louder, but when you cruise it is nice & quiet. and the muffler design is basically a "glasspack" not much restriction there. With the O/R Pipe that will sound great!!!!!!

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I did considerable searching, and the Magnaflow systems proved to have the most power gains over other muffler systems.

The standard Muffler is noticeably louder than stock, with a great performance sound, and I am very pleased with it. I have a wife, and if it was louder I would get sh*t about it. LOL.

Magnaflows are not as loud as Flowmasters, and Bassani, SLP, and other systems, based on what others "report" as very loud. And for me, that is a good thing. But sound is relative. If you want a very loud car, I would go with a Magnaflow "Magnapack" system. However, it does not make any more power than the standard muffler.

I found my catback at www.completeexhaust.com for $372 shipped.

Check this site out, with magazine articles and sound clips.

www.magnaflow.com

Enjoy!

Last edited:

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
COBRA90GT said:
Yes, Magnaflows will yield more gains over Flowmasters...
Wrong!!! I had magnaflows and were way to quite!!!Any way switched to superflows and the horsespower was a net of 2.2 horses more,will post graph shortly. :fm:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I have the magna cat-back and I like the way it sounds. I agree it isn't as loud as others, but it has a great growl when you open it up (not to mention the added power that you get). I just bought the magna catted x-pipe and can't wait to get it put on.
If you want to add some loudness, just add the magnapacks.

OrangeMachine

Established Member
Like others have said, the magnaflows are much quieter than the flows. But with an O/R X, the maggies will sound great. Flowmasters get old quick, plus everyone and their mother has them. Go with the magnaflow catback, it is stainless and the quality is night and day compared to the flowmeisters.

If you are set on a chambered muffler, go with the mac catback. It sounds better than flows IMHO and I've had both. I'll even sell you my old system! :thumbsup: ;-)

Last edited:

OrangeMachine

Established Member
99cobrablack said:
Magnaflow sucks IMHO. The sound drives me up the wall. If you can afford it go bassani, you won't be dissapointed.

You're just spoiled. :-D Bassani does sound awesome. Magnaflow is the best catback for the money. And we all "work Hard for the money!" lol.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Another vote for the mags, and another vote for complete exhaust, $352 shipped to my door, and the quality is amazing, great sound.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
thanks guy's. ill just have to give them a try. better off matching the system with my o/r Magna Xpipe. couldt hurt. when i can get them for free. j/w on the peformance diff. if i would gain more top end HP over flow's

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
cobradude said:
Wrong!!! I had magnaflows and were way to quite!!!Any way switched to superflows and the horsespower was a net of 2.2 horses more,will post graph shortly. :fm:

you can get 2.2 horses in between dyno runs, i got 12 rwhp going from 2 chamber flows to the magnapacks, thats quite a difference from flowmasters

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
I have to say the Borla Stinger setup is the meanest thing you could do to a cobra with gains... add a prochamber and you are in heaven.
I've had too many exhaust setups. I'm sick of it. Borla Stingers and SLP LoudMouths are my favorites.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread