Flowmaster GT500 Axle Back Prototype

Ky GT500

Established Member
Well I just cant impress you! LOL, jk. It does have a unique sound. Deeper and less raspy than stock so I am happy. Just has a unique tone at times that I cant describe. I should have my LTs on soon if the weather would allow me to get my car to the shop. That will change the sound a little too. The car will be in Carl Caspers (although I cant start it for you in there lol.) Hoping the weather clears for that too. UGH!!! I need an enclosed trailer!

When is CC??

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I'd like a set of these, but I can't keep waiting for them fukin around taking forever making them. Every other big name company (Corsa, Magnaflow, Borla) has already had mufflers for these cars out a year ago. I'm tired of my stock exhaust and can't play the waiting game forever. Tell them to shit or get off the pot!

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I'd like a set of these, but I can't keep waiting for them fukin around taking forever making them. Every other big name company (Corsa, Magnaflow, Borla) has already had mufflers for these cars out a year ago. I'm tired of my stock exhaust and can't play the waiting game forever. Tell them to shit or get off the pot!

LOL i hear you, personally i dislike most all the aftermarket exhaust sounds. Was hopefully for another option too.

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
Sounds really good to my ears. Hopefully they will get the tips worked out quickly and the whole kit out to market soon because I like what I hear. Fingers crossed that the retail price won't be insane.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Went and listened to it in my Beats Noise Canceling muffs,,,,very deep sound. It will truly be a hear/ride along, in person, experience for me in order to make a decision. I hear the truck sound you were talking about, very curious if it sounds like a truck under power and inside. Come on Spring!! CC is Feb. 22nd, might try and make it up,,but probably in the truck, not parking the Shelby among the masses.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
13RaceRedShelby these cans sound great!! Since they seem to pretty far from releasing them, in your opinion (or anyone else with Flowmaster experience) what would you wager to say that the closest Flowmaster universal muffler is to these cans?? I don't want to wait for these to come out and I am looking to redo my exhaust setup next month. I want Flowmasters for sure, I'm doing a custom setup..

Last edited:

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
13RaceRedShelby these cans sound great!! Since they seem to pretty far from releasing them, in your opinion (or anyone else with Flowmaster experience) what would you wager to say that the closest Flowmaster universal muffler is to these cans?? I don't want to wait for these to come out and I am looking to redo my exhaust setup next month. I want Flowmasters for sure, I'm doing a custom setup..

Super 44 or Super 40 maybe... Original 40 too but Im not sure they are as deep. FM has so many options that sound similar!

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
EDIT: The attached video is with Kooks 1-7/8 LT headers and offroad Xpipe now added (i prefer an H but not available from kooks)

My opinion, the long tube headers and/or Xpipe (kooks only had the offroad in an X configuration for the LTs) brought back a bit of raspiness. Still deep but now raspy under full throttle. Here is a dyno run but the rasp isnt very noticeable... but this is a dyno tuning run with the full exhaust on the car.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n603nsboog92w6q/gfxqNaGWRr

Last edited:

kabooka

Established Member
Here are some quick videos of the second system. See my review above. They definitely fixed the interior resonance. Again, the tips are still being thought out so these aren't a final design. As with my previous videos, use earbud style (skull candy, beats, etc.) earphones as the deepness is not picked up with standard computer speakers and that is the uniqueness of the exhaust.

Now this sounds great to me, I'm big fan of the oem tips though being flush, just mho.

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member

Helleanor

Established Member
It would also help if the clamp were included - I don't like the idea of breaking the weld to re-use the old one, and may need to put them back on for smog inspections. Any idea when they will be available? Spring mods are now! Also - I, and probably speak for most, hope they don't follow the other manufactures and jack up the price for a "muffler". Thanks for posting the info!

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
It would also help if the clamp were included - I don't like the idea of breaking the weld to re-use the old one, and may need to put them back on for smog inspections. Any idea when they will be available? Spring mods are now! Also - I, and probably speak for most, hope they don't follow the other manufactures and jack up the price for a "muffler". Thanks for posting the info!

I understand and felt the same way on the clamp but it is completely re-useable. Guess they attached it to the stock muffler to make it easier to mount on the assembly line or prevent losing them. I dunno.

I'm certainly not a Flowmaster rep but have passed along the desire for product pricing and availability. I compleely agree!!!

Last edited:

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Sounds good!!! :beer: Looks like you were at Blankenship if I had to guess lol

Yes sir. Had Lee install the LTs and 2.4" pulley. They threw on the monoblade too and dyno tuned it. Having monoblade issues but working through it as we speak. I will admit, I was warned about the monoblade lol. :bash:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Any better sound clips? It was hard to hear the exhaust well in the Dyno vids?
-J

USV8PWR

Established Member

I understand and felt the same way on the clamp but it is completely re-useable. Guess they attached it to the stock muffler to make it easier to mount on the assembly line or prevent losing them. I dunno.

I'm certainly not a Flowmaster rep but have passed along the desire for product pricing and availability. I compleely agree!!!

Yeah I second that the clamps should come with ALL aftermarket muffler kits. I know, I know the clamps on the factory mufflers are resuable. But I, and I'm sure there are others, did not feel good about breaking the factory tack welds to remove the clamps from the mufflers. So I ordered new right and left muffler clamps at $30 a piece plus $12 shipping from a Ford Racing vendor on here. Hopefully these clamps arrive on Thursday and I can finish the install of the FRPP mufflers I bought off of Willie2 a little over a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread