Florida SVTPers?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
We'll let y'all in, but you have to arrange to have 2 libs per person sent out.

brad-pitt-deal.gif

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Florida is miserably hot 7-8 months out of the year. You can sit in the A/C and look out at the sunshine.
Id say more like 4
Yea I don't mind some snow and some winter but it's a bit much out here...

If it were just snow... I could handle it.

But the list is long.

1. Drag Queen story time is a real thing here.
2. HB 23-1230 is in the works right now and is an "assault weapons ban."
3. Traffic is beyond stupid.
4. housing is fairly expensive for what you get.
5. 7 months of winter is kinda stupid.
6. State income tax exists.
7. Emissions laws are Cali style bad.
8. 21% drop in horsepower due to altitude.
9. No family living in this area. (Parents greatest life hack... live near the grandparents.)
10. Mag capacity restrictions already a law since 2013.
11. They just legalized Psychedelics LOL. ****ing degenerates.

Just off the top of my head...

Yea... If I can get in with a Large Florida Utility offering a decent package, I'm gone.
What do you do? I work for a utility in Florida (SECO Energy). I know a few people at the big companies (TECO/Duke/JEA). Maybe I can ask if they have anything in the pipeline.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I say 3 personally. July, August and September. I'm so used to it, I can go out and do yard work at 3 in the afternoon in those months.
I dont even really mind the summer months. I'd much rather deal with heat than the snow storms I had to deal with in Erie, PA.

I can't stand the afternoon storms though. I work in Power Distribution and we get our asses kicked EVERY SINGLE DAY during the summer.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Nothing is concrete as of right this moment.... BUUUTTT.... if the numbers match up, we should be making a move to the Winterhaven/Auburndale area sometime in the next few months....

Just waiting on the corporate world to get their offer together.

What you need to know? I know these parts pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

jaxbusa

Established Member
The hot weather really depends on if you like to be outside a lot. June, July and August are absolutely awful for outdoor stuff. I spend a lot of time outdoors and hate May through September. And I can’t believe not one mention of bugs, snakes and crazy afternoon thunderstorms that will make you poop in your pants.

I was squatting down looking at a plant when I noticed this Pygmy. I found two of them yesterday about five feet apart.
Image1680544609.909819.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Remember training in the Army around the Jax area when I was a about 18-19. We were in a Deuce and watched this scorpion crawl around our rucks. Well it went into mine and stung me between two fingers about an hour later. Just little wood scorpions but they do pack a punch.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The hot weather really depends on if you like to be outside a lot. June, July and August are absolutely awful for outdoor stuff. I spend a lot of time outdoors and hate May through September. And I can’t believe not one mention of bugs, snakes and crazy afternoon thunderstorms that will make you poop in your pants.

I was squatting down looking at a plant when I noticed this Pygmy. I found two of them yesterday about five feet apart.
View attachment 1788159

Those little shits are aggressive as hell.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1788159

I love the thunderstorms, perfect napping weather

I’ve got black racers in my hood, about all I ever see around here. I’d say out and about in the woods/near the water I see the same amount of snakes here as in NC

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1788159

Florida summer... hot, muggy and buggy!

That's why you need to be near the coast, preferably the east coast, to catch the prevailing trade winds from the east.
I might be biased

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Florida summer... hot, muggy and buggy!

That's why you need to be near the coast, preferably the east coast, to catch the prevailing trade winds from the east.
I might be biased
West coast gets a nice breeze since most weather patterns and the jet stream are friends. Once you hit I 75 it seems to turn into a wind break.

Users who are viewing this thread